Message 1 of 38 (10,840 Views)
Make Model New Software Version Current Status
New this week
HTC One M8 Android 5.0 Testing in progress
Huawei WiFi Cube 4G To be confirmed Testing in progress
Sony Z2 Android 5.0 Awaiting software for testing, expected in February
Sony Z3 Android 5.0 Awaiting software for testing, expected in February
Ongoing update statuses
HTC  8X (Spark) Windows Phone  8.1 (GDR1) Withdrawn by HTC, update will not be progressing at this stage.
LG G3 D855 Android 5.0 Available now
Nokia Lumia 1320 WP8.1 Blue GDR1 QFEx Awaiting software for testing, expected in February
Nokia Lumia 625 WP8.1 Blue GDR1 QFEx Awaiting software for testing, expected in February
Nokia Lumia 630 WP8.1 Blue GDR1 QFEx Issue found during testing, Nokia has withdrawn the update at this stage.
Nokia Lumia 720 WP8.1 Blue GDR1 QFEx Awaiting software for testing, expected in February
Nokia Lumia 735 WP8.1 Blue GDR1 QFEx Available now
Nokia Lumia 820 WP8.1 Blue GDR1 QFEx Awaiting software for testing, expected in February
Nokia Lumia 925 WP8.1 Blue GDR1 QFEx Awaiting software for testing, expected in February
Nokia Lumia 930 WP8.1 Blue GDR1 QFEx Testing in progress
Samsung Galaxy Note 2 Android 4.4 Awaiting software for testing.
Vodafone Smart 4 Mini Android 4.4.x Testing failed, awaiting new software
Vodafone  Smart 4 Tab Android 4.4.4 Testing failed, awaiting new software
Occasional Poster

Re: 5th February 2015 - Software Update Weekly Wrap

by Occasional Poster
Message 2 of 38 (10,799 Views)
Woohoo! M8 Lollipop in testing. That's what I've been waiting for personally.
Occasional Poster

by Occasional Poster
Message 3 of 38 (10,715 Views)

Please clarify what the status "Issue found during testing, Nokia has withdrawn the update at this stage." for the lumia 630 means in practice.  Will we get the update, or not?  If so, soon?  Is the issue with Microsoft, Nokia, Australia, or Vodafone Australia specific?  As a Vodafone customer, I feel it is up to you to clarify this, and communicate with Nokia if necessary.  Just saying "communicate with Nokia yourself" does not cut it.  It's also quite inefficient if every customer would have to do that independently, rather than Vodafone -who are obviously in a better position to do so- would do that once and communicate to their customers.

Thanks.

Occasional Poster

by Occasional Poster
Message 4 of 38 (10,618 Views)
Also, just to add to this, the lumia 630 for e.g. Vodafone Germany Greece, Hungary, Italy, the Netherlands, Portugal, UK, ... already did get the Denim update. To me, that seems to imply the issue is with Vodafone Australia specifically. Hence, a good explanation is even more justified. Thanks.
Grand Champion

[ Edited ]
by Grand Champion Grand Champion
Message 5 of 38 (10,279 Views)

@Thijs ,

Let's cut to the chase...

You will not be told what the issue is.

It may be specific to Vodafone Australia, it may just be specific to Australia, or it may have nothing to do with Australia or Vodafone.

The way I read things, Vodafone Australia have identified an issue which meant the update could not be rolled out. This could be any one of thousands of things, and nobody outside Vodafone and Nokia will be told what it was.

Nokia have now made the decision not to proceed with the update, so there's nothing more that Vodafone can do.... if Nokia don't supply it, Vodafone can't roll it out.

It doesn't automatically mean there will be no more updates for your device. Nokia may simply have decided it is more efficient to skip this update and move on to the next one. Only time will tell if this is the case.

We all want the latest update on our phone, but there is absolutely no guarantee you will get updates, nor are there any legal obligations for any company to supply them. What happens in other countries has no relevance to your Australian device.

Maybe not what you want to hear, but unfortunately, that's where things stand.

Cheers,

Balsam

Crowd Pleaser

by Crowd Pleaser
Message 6 of 38 (10,120 Views)

the tester for the lumia 930 must really be loving the update and wont share it with the rest of us! haha hopefully soon?

Seasoned Member

by manoj514 Seasoned Member
Message 7 of 38 (10,021 Views)

when are we going to get an update for samsung s4. will they be an upgrade to 5.01. i am waiting for the new look of my phone 

Problem Solver

by Problem Solver
Message 8 of 38 (9,908 Views)

@manoj514 When Samsung develop the update. The latest version of Android they've integrated with the GT-i9505 S4 is 4.4.2.

Experienced Member

by Stanley008 Experienced Member
Message 9 of 38 (9,634 Views)
What about Blackberry 10.3.1??? Still nothing?
Occasional Poster

by Occasional Poster
Message 10 of 38 (8,367 Views)
I still haven't received any software update in my Galaxy Note 3. I tried several times through Kies but no luck. Can anyone please suggest a solution?

Cheers!!
Stats
  • 37 Replies
  • 1y ago
  • 30 Kudos
  • 14 Contributors
Announcements
Kudos 101- Don't be shy, hand it out today
Switch to mobile
Using a smaller screen?