nokia 1110i and mms?

Occasional Poster
duck-phones
Accepted Solution

nokia 1110i and mms?

by Occasional Poster
Message 1 of 14 (2,778 Views)

anybody,

I can't find anywhere appropriate, so it's here. I got a  message on my old nokia which has no image capacity, "message cannot be displayed". the sender shows as "+129798". nothing else.

what can I do to get a look at this message?

thanks for any, ducks 

Please use plain text.
Help and Support
Sarah_C

Re: nokia 1110i and mms?

by Help and Support Help and Support
Message 2 of 14 (2,649 Views)

duck-phones wrote:

anybody,

I can't find anywhere appropriate, so it's here. I got a  message on my old nokia which has no image capacity, "message cannot be displayed". the sender shows as "+129798". nothing else.

what can I do to get a look at this message?

thanks for any, ducks 

Hi duck-phones,

It sounds like you have received a notification that you have a PXT (MMS) available to view.  As your phone does not have PXT compatibility you will not be able to view the PXT. 

If you wish to be able to utilise PXT services on your phone, I suggest purchasing a phone that is PXT compatible. You can view these phones on our website here. 

Are you currently on a plan with us or prepaid? If you'd like, I can arrange for an upgrades consultant to give you a call to discuss upgrading your phone.

Please advise me if you'd like me to arrange this for you.

Regards,

Sarah.

Please use plain text.
Occasional Poster
duck-phones

by Occasional Poster
Message 3 of 14 (2,640 Views)

hello and thank you, Sarah,

but I don't want any upgrading. I am using voda 365 prepaid, thanks for asking.

ducks 

Please use plain text.
Help and Support
Anthony

Message 4 of 14 (2,627 Views)

duck-phones wrote:

hello and thank you, Sarah,

but I don't want any upgrading. I am using voda 365 prepaid, thanks for asking.

ducks 

Hi ducks,

The only way to view that picture message is to put the sim into a phone that is mms compatible.  Are you able to borrow one for this purpose?

You may not be interested in upgrading but we also offer a range of handsets that are mms compatible available for outright purchase.

If there is anything else that I can do for you then please let me know.

Thanks,

Anthony

Please use plain text.
Occasional Poster
duck-phones

by Occasional Poster
Message 5 of 14 (2,620 Views)

also thanks, anthony.

I had thought sim swapping would be my only option. I had better try that, and I'll get back to you ..... 

Please use plain text.
Help and Support
Anthony

Message 6 of 14 (2,603 Views)

duck-phones wrote:

also thanks, anthony.

I had thought sim swapping would be my only option. I had better try that, and I'll get back to you ..... 

Hi Ducks,

No worries at all,

Please let me know how you go with this process.

If you need any other support then please do not hesitate to ask.

Thanks,

Anthony

Please use plain text.
Occasional Poster
duck-phones

by Occasional Poster
Message 7 of 14 (2,596 Views)

anthony,

I did the brain transplant today, and there was only about 6 messages on the sim from my phone, and not the mms that is the cause of this topic. where would the other sms's have gone in the change-over, any ideas?

thanks. 

Please use plain text.
Occasional Poster
duck-phones

by Occasional Poster
Message 8 of 14 (2,581 Views)

helpers,

my last question, then I give up. do all  "pxt"s go through a vodaphone server of some sort, or did voda send me and everyone else a "pxt" on new year's day? (it looks a lot like a vodaphone number ....)

I go, thanks if any. 

Please use plain text.
Help and Support
Nick

[ Edited ]
Message 9 of 14 (2,574 Views)

Hey ducks,

duck-phones wrote:

I did the brain transplant today, and there was only about 6 messages on the sim from my phone, and not the mms that is the cause of this topic. where would the other sms's have gone in the change-over, any ideas?

PXT generally aren't stored on SIM cards, as they're usually to bid to fit. SMS are as they aren't as they don't take up as much space as PXT. It could be that it failed to send properly, when you're phone was not able to receive it. 

It's also possible that the phone you popped the SIM in to wasn't configured to work properly with your SIM card. You can test this by popping your SIM back in to your friends phone and sending yourself a PXT. This will give you an idea as to whether or not your SIM can receive PXT in that phone.

duck-phones wrote: 

my last question, then I give up. do all  "pxt"s go through a vodaphone server of some sort, or did voda send me and everyone else a "pxt" on new year's day? (it looks a lot like a vodaphone number ....)

We didn't send everyone out a PXT on New Year's Day. I might struggle to help you work out where that one came from. If  you think it was sent from us because the number is shorter than usual, it may be from a premium services provider. If this is the case, you can check out who the PXT was from using the Premium TXT Finder.

Previously, if you didn't have a phone that could receive PXT directly, you could check your PXT using PXT World, a website designed specifically to help you view your PXT. We no longer offer this service. If you plan on receiving PXT in the future, you may need to look at upgrading to a newer phone. Your phone is not capable of receiving PXT directly.

Hope this helps clear a few things up for you.

Cheers,

Nick

[EDIT: Updated information]

Please use plain text.
Occasional Poster
duck-phones

by Occasional Poster
Message 10 of 14 (2,553 Views)

thanks, nick.

"premium text finder" just told me the info was not correctly entered, so I gave up. I don't see how I could be entering it wrong, but what do I know? I never planned on receiving any "pxt's", it's just rude people assuming. I hope it wasn't a girl sexting me.....

.... whatever that is. 

duck 

Please use plain text.
Stats
  • 13 Replies
  • 2y ago
  • 3 Kudos
  • 6 Contributors
Announcements
Kudos 101- Don't be shy, hand it out today
Switch to mobile
Using a smaller screen?