WRONG

Regular Creator
SamCheh

WRONG

[ Edited ]
by Regular Creator
Message 1 of 6 (1,406 Views)

Hi can i know what the transaction is about?? i didnt set any direct debit payment V6840 18/11 VODAFONE NTH SYDNEY [personal detail removed] MISCELLANEOUS DEBIT EFTPOS TRANS VALUE $44.90

Posted from Facebook
Help and Support
James

Re: WRONG

by Help and Support Help and Support
Message 2 of 6 (1,302 Views)

Hi Sam,

Thanks for posting, this seems like a very strange situation and I would like to help get this sorted out for you. 

What kind of service do you have with Vodafone? Is this a prepaid service or on a plan? Have you recently performed any upgrades or change of plan rates? What kind of billing did you opt for, email or paper bill? Also, have you had any direct debits with us in the past?

I apologize for the amount of questions, but they will help me isolate as to why you have had a direct debit taken from your account, and also help me assist you in the best way possible.

Regards,

James. 

Regular Creator
SamCheh

by Regular Creator
Message 3 of 6 (1,297 Views)
hi.. i have had 3 Vod accounts, 1. transferred from 3 to Vodafone (prepaid) 2. $45 plan (paid for $10 only for the first month, but i cancelled it before the first month ended) 3. i pre-ordered an iphone 4s, but cancelled it before the iphone 4s released. thanks
Posted from Facebook
Help and Support
James

[ Edited ]
by Help and Support Help and Support
Message 4 of 6 (1,287 Views)

Hi Sam,

Reading through your various services you have had with us, it is not apparent to me as to why you would have had a 'miscellaneous' debit taken by us from your account, and I would certainly like to investigate this further for you.

Please send an email to online.help@vodafone.com.au with 463CJJBI in the subject, and put your mobile number, account pin and a link to your thread on the Community in the body of the message.

Kind Regards,

James. 

Occasional Poster
wheeleraj

by Occasional Poster
Message 5 of 6 (1,235 Views)

Hello James

Was it a good idea to ask a customer to send a PIN number by email this is not a very secure thing to do is it.

Why does Vodafone ask for PIN numbers to be used in such insecure manner.

Seriously a lot of people reuse their PIN numbers for a number of things, as silly as this maybe, James could you please find away through your systems to stop these silly security lapses as I have been trying for weeks and weeks.

Thanks and hope you can help with this problem as no-one from Vodafone has so far.

Andrew

Community Manager
Tim_H

by Community Manager Community Manager
Message 6 of 6 (1,223 Views)

Hi Andrew,

Thanks for your feedback. I appreciate you taking the time to write it (unfortunately our Community guidelines mean we need to remove the other posts about the same thing). It's great to see you taking an interest in our processes and the security of our customers.

We offer customers multiple avenues to contact us, including online, email and via phone. When customers speak to us via email or call then we need to verify their identity. This is for the protection of their account with us and their details. Should you not feel comfortable sharing your PIN in a specific environment then you have other options to do so. Some customers prefer not to share their PIN out loud in a busy office or store, and some prefer not to share via email.

Ultimately you have the freedom to contact us, and verify your identity in multiple ways and we'll continue to offer those options to our customers.

Regarding the re-use of PIN's across multiple companies, Vodafone does suggest customers choose a unique PIN to verify themselves with us and not repeat PIN's or passwords used elsewhere.

Happy to answer any other questions you have, but customers have the freedom to contact Vodafone via the medium of their choice and the ability to protect their email security as they choose.

Tim

Stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 3y ago
  • 0 Kudos
  • 4 Contributors
Announcements
Kudos 101- Don't be shy, hand it out today
Switch to mobile
Using a smaller screen?