#challenge930 - join in as our experts put the 930 through it's paces

Unlocking Samsung S8300V

Occasional Visitor
AussieDave

Unlocking Samsung S8300V

by AussieDave Occasional Visitor
Message 1 of 2 (1,364 Views)

Hi, I'm trying to unlock a recently purchased used Samsung S8300V for use overseas on my next holiday that's locked to Vodafone. I received the unlock code from your website but it stated "THE UNLOCK INSTRUCTION FOR THIS MODEL IS NOT AVAILABLE".

I've tried for a few hours tonight with info I've found online to unlock it but once I've put the unlock code in and confirmed it, the phone says  "this phone is freezed, contact your service provider" or something similar. As far as I know the phone works fine with the Vodafone sim in though.

Also I've looked through the user manual but there's no mention about the phones default security code, not sure if I need that. It even states on the  mobile phones box... to obtain your unlock code for free, go to the vodaphone websites unlock page, but find it strange that instructions on how to unlock the phone are not provided with the unlock code.

Could someone please guide me through the process to unlock my phone, it would be greatly appreciated thanks.

Regards Dave.

Please use plain text.
Help and Support
Kirsty

Re: Unlocking Samsung S8300V

by Help and Support Help and Support
Message 2 of 2 (1,311 Views)

Hi Dave,

AussieDave wrote:

Hi, I'm trying to unlock a recently purchased used Samsung S8300V for use overseas on my next holiday that's locked to Vodafone. I received the unlock code from your website but it stated "THE UNLOCK INSTRUCTION FOR THIS MODEL IS NOT AVAILABLE".

I can definitely understand you want to unlock your phone before you head off overseas - when are you going? It's great that you've already retrieved your unlocking code from the Unlocking Page here - if you do have any issues with the page, such as the instructions not being uploaded, you can fill in the "difficulties" section, which will escalate your issue to the Unlocking Team.

The Unlocking Team will then fix the issue for you, and email or txt you back within four working days.

I'd like to take a closer look at your handset's unlocking page, to see why the instructions aren't uploaded for you. We can't share your personal details (such as your IMEI number) here in the Community so I've sent you a Private Message with my email address and the info I'll need to help.

You can access your Private Messages by clicking on the envelope icon in the top right of your screen, or here.

I would like you to be able to unlock your phone as quickly as possible and as you already have your unlocking code, I've tracked down the instructions for you. Pop a non-VodafoneAU or 3 SIM card into your phone - the phone will display a message, usually "network lock".

Enter your unlocking code, then select the "confirm" softkey. Your phone will be automatically unlocked - you'll be able to confirm this by making a test call with your non-Vodafone or 3 SIM card.

Have you also considered taking your Vodafone SIM with you overseas and using the roaming function? You can find out if roaming is available where you're going here. If you'd like to activate roaming, or you have any quotations about it please let me know - I can help!

Thanks,

Kirsty.

Please use plain text.
Stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 1y ago
  • 0 Kudos
  • 2 Contributors
Announcements
What's happening with Windows Phone? These guys will let you know...