New sim, can I use my old number?

Visitor
Dazza08

New sim, can I use my old number?

by Dazza08 Visitor
Message 1 of 6 (3,710 Views)

Hi,

I have just purchased a new sim and have activated but I think i have missed the part where i can choose to use my old number. Is there anyway that i can change my new sim number to my old number. They were both prepaid vodafone sims.

Thanks.

Please use plain text.
Help and Support
Caitlin

Re: New sim, can I use my old number?

[ Edited ]
by Help and Support Help and Support
Message 2 of 6 (3,683 Views)

Hi Dazza08,

Dazza08 wrote:

I have just purchased a new sim and have activated but I think i have missed the part where i can choose to use my old number. Is there anyway that i can change my new sim number to my old number. They were both prepaid vodafone sims.

Is there a particular reason you are looking to swap your number onto a new SIM card? If you've lost your old SIM card, you'll just need to visit your nearest Vodafone store to request a SIM swap as we can not transfer your number to a new service. A SIM swap is just moving your current mobile number onto a new blank SIM card and you can locate your nearest Vodafone store here

If you've already recharged the new number, I can certainly take a look into what I can do for you. I'll need some personal details from you. Could you please send me an email to online.help@vodafone.com.au with the email code C654CCWGI as the subject of your email. In the body of your email, please provide the details requested here.

Thanks,

Cait

[EDIT: Clarity]

Please use plain text.
Visitor
Dazza08

by Dazza08 Visitor
Message 3 of 6 (3,673 Views)

Yes, I have lost my old sim card that is why i needed a new one. Is there another way of doing a sim swap besides going to a store? It'll just make it more convinient for me cuz of my busy shechule. I havnt put any credit on the new sim so you dont have to worry about that.

Thanks

Please use plain text.
Help and Support
Bree

Message 4 of 6 (3,654 Views)

Hey Dazza08,

Dazza08 wrote:

Yes, I have lost my old sim card that is why i needed a new one. Is there another way of doing a sim swap besides going to a store? It'll just make it more convinient for me cuz of my busy shechule. I havnt put any credit on the new sim so you dont have to worry about that.

I understand that you're busy and it is hard for you to pop into a store. 

If it is easier for you, we can certainly arrange to have a sim card sent out to you. All you will need to do is email us with the details Cait has provided and we can send one out to you via express post.

Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Kind regards,

Bree 

Please use plain text.
Regular Visitor
BROTHURS

by BROTHURS Regular Visitor
Message 5 of 6 (2,898 Views)

I was wondering,

Could I use my old 3 number and activate a new vodafone simcard and use my old 3 number with a vodafone sim?

I have lost the 3 sim card but still remember the number. I would still like to use that number.

Please use plain text.
Help and Support
Bree

Message 6 of 6 (2,884 Views)

Hey BROTHURS,

BROTHURS wrote:

Could I use my old 3 number and activate a new vodafone simcard and use my old 3 number with a vodafone sim?

I have lost the 3 sim card but still remember the number. I would still like to use that number.

You absolutely can do this. What will need to be done is a Mobile Number Port, as we will need to bring your number from Three across to Vodafone and then have it put onto a Vodafone SIM.

We have this really handy guide here, that will give you all the information you need about moving your number to Vodafone.

Please let me know if you have any further questions regarding bringing your number across to Vodafone and I can help you out.

Thank you,

Bree.

Please use plain text.
Stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 1y ago
  • 0 Kudos
  • 4 Contributors
Announcements
GALAXY S5 - Live blog tonight