Deactivate Lost sim card and replacement

Occasional Visitor
dawnho2004

Deactivate Lost sim card and replacement

by dawnho2004 Occasional Visitor
Message 1 of 44 (13,751 Views)

Hi,

I've misplaced my prepaid sim card while overseas recently.

I have been trying to call Vodafone to deactivate my sim card and request for a sim card replacement.

The number that I have been calling several times is for overseas callers 61-414 141 414, but have been told that waiting time is 30 mins.

I don't think I can wait for 30 mins on an international calling card.

Is that a alternative way that I can do it online instead?

Regards

Dawn

Please use plain text.
Help and Support
Kirsty

Re: Deactivate Lost sim card and replacement

by Help and Support Help and Support
Message 2 of 44 (13,665 Views)

HI Dawn,

I can certainly place a bar on your lost SIM card for you, and you will be able to pick up a replacement SIM for the service once you're back in Australia - if you're coming through Sydney Airport, you can pick one up at the Vodafone Store in the International Terminal! If you're coming through another airport, any Vodafone Store will be able to give you a replacement SIM, and also perform the SIM swap for you.

I will need to access your account in order to bar your account, and we can't share your personal details here in the Community. I have sent you a Private Message (PM) with my email contact information, so we can move our conversation private.

You can access your PMs by clicking on this link here.

Thanks,

Kirsty.

Please use plain text.
Visitor
watsondeng

[ Edited ]
by watsondeng Visitor
Message 3 of 44 (13,639 Views)

Hi Kirsty,

I have same issue, can you please help me? Also, what about the credit left in the prepaid sim card? Will it be transferred to new sim card??

Regards

Watson

Please use plain text.
Help and Support
Bree

Message 4 of 44 (13,620 Views)

watsondeng wrote:

Hi Kirsty,

I have same issue, can you please help me? Also, what about the credit left in the prepaid sim card? Will it be transferred to new sim card??

Regards

Watson

Hey Watson,

You can drop in to your nearest store where they will be able to provide you with your new sim card and complete your sim swap. 

Your credit will be transferred over to the new sim, as it is attached to your account and not the sim swap :smileyhappy:

Thank you,

Bree

Please use plain text.
TC
Occasional Visitor
TC

by TC Occasional Visitor
Message 5 of 44 (13,192 Views)

Hi Kirsty,

I also have the same problem. Except I cannot remember the 4 digit pin.

I went into store grabbed a replacement sim and proceeded to call vodafone customer service, but am unable to get through to a real person and because I dont have the pin I cant reactivate my number.

Please help.

Thanks

Please use plain text.
Help and Support
Maddie

Message 6 of 44 (13,167 Views)

I also have the same problem. Except I cannot remember the 4 digit pin. I went into store grabbed a replacement sim and proceeded to call vodafone customer service, but am unable to get through to a real person and because I dont have the pin I cant reactivate my number.

Hi TC, 

You have a few options to determine your four digit account pin and to do this you will need to prove your identity. 

You can contact customer care on 1555 from a Vodafone mobile or 1300 650 410  from of any other phone and complete a three point identification check. 

VIsit a a Vodafone store with personal identification. To locate your nearest store, please click here 

Alternatively I can assist you further with this and to do this I'll need to take our conversation private. Can you please email me? My email is online.help@vodafone.com.au. Please include this code: 522CMWGI in the subject box. Please ensure you include the information listed in our email guide.

Thanks,

Maddie 

Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
Belinda90

by Belinda90 Occasional Visitor
Message 7 of 44 (13,154 Views)

Hi,

I'm having a similar issue. I lost my phone and was wanting to bar my sim card til i get my phone back, but don't remember my 4 digit pin and was wanting to get through to a real person over the vodafone customer care line.

Please use plain text.
Help and Support
James

[ Edited ]
Message 8 of 44 (13,138 Views)

Hi Belinda90,

Belinda90 wrote:

Hi,

I'm having a similar issue. I lost my phone and was wanting to bar my sim card til i get my phone back, but don't remember my 4 digit pin and was wanting to get through to a real person over the vodafone customer care line.

Losing your phone is never fun, and I can definitely help you with your query.

To do this, I will need to get access to your account. I will send you a PM with instructions on how to send your information through, and you can access your PM's by clicking this link.

I look forward to speaking with you further.

Kind Regards,

James.

Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
alanr

by alanr Occasional Visitor
Message 9 of 44 (12,752 Views)

hi there Tim,

I need to deacvtivate my prepaid mobile phone sim card as I have been receiving harrassing text messages from a person I no longer want contact with. I have purchased a replacement new sim card and will activate it and begin using it, but I would like your assistance to get the old sim deactivated so that person harrassing me cannot send me texts any longer or call that number, Can you please help me?

Thanks in advance,

Alan

Please use plain text.
Help and Support
Bree

Message 10 of 44 (12,736 Views)

Hi Alan,

alanr wrote:

I need to deacvtivate my prepaid mobile phone sim card as I have been receiving harrassing text messages from a person I no longer want contact with. I have purchased a replacement new sim card and will activate it and begin using it, but I would like your assistance to get the old sim deactivated so that person harrassing me cannot send me texts any longer or call that number, Can you please help me?

I'm sorry to hear that you will have to cancel your number. I can certainly help you disconnect this. Please send me an email at online.help@vodafone.com.au with code 245CBPGI in the subject line with the details in our email guide in the body of the email with your details filled out. 

I look forward to hearing from you and getting this resolved.

Thank you,

Bree.

Please use plain text.
Stats
  • 43 Replies
  • 2y ago
  • 0 Kudos
  • 21 Contributors
Announcements
Kudos 101- Don't be shy, hand it out today
Switch to mobile
Using a smaller screen?