$30 Prepaid Cap

Occasional Visitor
Andrew12345
Accepted Solution

$30 Prepaid Cap

by Andrew12345 Occasional Visitor
Message 1 of 6 (1,863 Views)

Hi, I recently signed up to the $30 prepaid cap and have a few quetions

Are the 'infinite texts' capped to a certain limit per day? or are they truely unlimited?
Also is using the facebook app on my iphone included in the 'free facebook' or do i have to use to mobile site on safari?
Thanks 

Please use plain text.
Help and Support
Bruno

Re: $30 Prepaid Cap

by Help and Support Help and Support
Message 2 of 6 (1,775 Views)

Hi Andrew12345,

I can definitely help you out with any questions you have about your prepaid service.

Andrew12345 wrote:

Are the 'infinite texts' capped to a certain limit per day? or are they truely unlimited?

There is no set number of text messages that you are limited to per day on your $30 prepaid plan. You have inifinite standard national texts on your cap. This doesn't include texts to premium services and special numbers. 
Andrew12345 wrote:

Also is using the facebook app on my iphone included in the 'free facebook' or do i have to use to mobile site on safari?

If your prepaid recharge option includes unlimited social media access, it means that you will receive unlimited access to listed social media sites, as long as you are accessing them via one of the following methods:
1. Vodafone Central
2. The mobile website ( eg. m.facebook.com)
3. Official applications released by the included sites from a compatible handset using the live vodafone APN
Another handy thing to keep in mind, is that clicking on links from facebook or twitter (and other sites included in the unlimited social networking) that go to external sites, will count towards your data inclusion.
I've included a link to our website so that you can easily access information about all of our prepaid options and their inclusions.
If there's anything else that I can help you with, please let me know.
Cheers,
-Bruno.
Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
Andrew12345

by Andrew12345 Occasional Visitor
Message 3 of 6 (1,766 Views)
Thank you Boris,
On my iPhone I am using the official app but I'm getting charged, I believe my phone is using the incorrect apn but there is no setting to check this?
Please use plain text.
Help and Support
Millie

Message 4 of 6 (1,716 Views)

Hi Andrew12345,

Andrew12345 wrote:
 I believe my phone is using the incorrect apn but there is no setting to check this?

As a general rule your APN settings are updated via the carrier file which is loaded onto your iPhone using iTunes and over the network when a new update is released. You can update or refresh this carrier file by performing a back up and restore in iTunes. If you are unsure how to complete a back up and restore I highly recommend that you check out this article by Apple, as this process will remove all the information from your phone. 

Depending on the model of iPhone you are using you may not need to go to such in-depth measures. Some iPhone models will allow you to manually change your APN, I suggest you try this method first before going to the effort of backing up and restoring your phone. Instructions on how to update your iPhone's APN settings can be found here - just select your model from the dropdown lists. 

Let us know how you go with this process.

Thanks

Millie

Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
rashpig

by rashpig Occasional Visitor
Message 5 of 6 (1,025 Views)

can u pls spell the live vodafone APN here?

Please use plain text.
Help and Support
Kirsty

Message 6 of 6 (996 Views)

Hi rashpig,

rashpig wrote:

can u pls spell the live vodafone APN here?

I certainly can! The live APN is:

live.vodafone.com

make sure you spell Vodafone with an F and not a PH - this spelling does cause a few problems! We also have a great guide to setting up the APN on your device here that you might find useful.

If you have any questions about setting up your phone's APN please let me know - I can help!

Thanks,

Kirsty.

Please use plain text.
Stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 2y ago
  • 0 Kudos
  • 5 Contributors
Announcements
What's happening with Windows Phone? These guys will let you know...