$25 Fee

Regular Visitor
wen123

$25 Fee

by wen123 Regular Visitor
Message 1 of 8 (751 Views)

Hi yesterday I was advised by two Customer Service Representatives (two seperate phone calls) that I was to purchase a code to unlock my phone I could either pay $50 for Vodafone assisted help or purchase online for $25. After making the $25 purchase I was informed that I did not have to make the purchase. I would like a refund for the $25. Can you help please?

Please use plain text.
Help and Support
Caitlin

Re: $25 Fee

by Help and Support Help and Support
Message 2 of 8 (619 Views)
wen123 wrote:

Hi yesterday I was advised by two Customer Service Representatives (two seperate phone calls) that I was to purchase a code to unlock my phone I could either pay $50 for Vodafone assisted help or purchase online for $25. After making the $25 purchase I was informed that I did not have to make the purchase. I would like a refund for the $25. Can you help please?

Hi wen123,

I can certainly look into this with you. Just to confirm, you requested your handset unlock code and paid the $25 unlocking fee all online or over the phone?

Depending on the phone you currently, a fee may incur to unlock that certain device as it has been what we call "hard locked" to Vodafone by the manufacture of the phone. If you could please let me know what phone you are currently using, I can take a look at whether there is an unlocking fee is for that particular device.

Thanks,

Cait

Please use plain text.
Regular Visitor
wen123

Message 3 of 8 (613 Views)

Hi

Thank you for your reply. I was advised on seperate phone calls that I was to have my phone unlocked which I would be charged $50 by having Vodafone Customer Service assistance,or if I purchased online it would cost $25.

I made the $25 online purchase I rang back and then was informed that the phone was now locked. I was told I had the choice to buy another handset or send the phone away.

The problem was not a locked phone but the incorrect sim card in the phone confirmed by another Representative. I am on a disability pension and have to be accountable for my money.

The information given to me by your Vodafone Representatives was incorrect and I am out of pocket $25.

All up it took three and a half hours and countless phone calls to different departments.

I would like to be refunded my $25 please.

Thank you for your time in reading this.

Please use plain text.
Help and Support
Charlotte

Message 4 of 8 (593 Views)

wen123 wrote:

Hi

Thank you for your reply. I was advised on seperate phone calls that I was to have my phone unlocked which I would be charged $50 by having Vodafone Customer Service assistance,or if I purchased online it would cost $25.

I made the $25 online purchase I rang back and then was informed that the phone was now locked. I was told I had the choice to buy another handset or send the phone away.

The problem was not a locked phone but the incorrect sim card in the phone confirmed by another Representative. I am on a disability pension and have to be accountable for my money.

The information given to me by your Vodafone Representatives was incorrect and I am out of pocket $25.

All up it took three and a half hours and countless phone calls to different departments.

I would like to be refunded my $25 please.

Hi wen123,

I think it's best I move our conversation private so that I can access your account and see what's happened. We will then be able to discuss the specific details of your situation and work together to get this resolved.

I've sent you a Private Message with my contact details if you could please send me through your account information I will be able to help you.

Thank you,

Charlotte

Please use plain text.
Regular Visitor
wen123

Message 5 of 8 (578 Views)

Hi

Email sent this morning as requested.

Please use plain text.
Regular Visitor
wen123

Message 6 of 8 (510 Views)

Four weeks have passed and I have yet to receive a follow up phone call/email. I have made the decision to move back to TELSTRA.

Staff need to trained and be updated with policies, follow up makes great customer service which Vodafone lack.

Please use plain text.
Help and Support
James

Message 7 of 8 (486 Views)

Hi wen123,

I am very sorry to hear about the customer service experience you have had with us. 

I have sent you another email regarding your issue, and await your response, so that I am able to provide you with the support you need to get this solved.

Kind Regards,

James.

Please use plain text.
Regular Visitor
wen123

Message 8 of 8 (480 Views)

Email sent as requested

Please use plain text.
Stats
  • 7 Replies