Order was cancelled but phone recieved and don't know how to return

Visitor
mjlc

Order was cancelled but phone recieved and don't know how to return

by mjlc Visitor
Message 1 of 4 (585 Views)

Hi there,

So I ordered a HTC Sensation XE on Saturday, but received a confirmation email showing a HTC Sensation had been ordered instead. After calling Vodafone Care several times with different responses the rep Mohip finally told me the order had been canceled and I should just go ahead and make an order for the XE, which I did on that day.

I got my XE yesterday, but then today the Sensation turned up as well. So I called Vodafone Care again and was told by the first rep Deepat that the original order VF100406654 for the Sensation was canceled and he did not know what he could do for me as he couldn't find an account number for the order as it was canceled! He suggested I try waiting till I get my first bill and then canceling.

I wasn't satisfied with that answer so called again, this time the rep Rinku told me the order was canceled but also fulilled at the same time (don't know how that worked?) but suggested that since I don't have a mobile number with Vodafone yet as the SIM is not activated, I should wait a week before calling again so he can arrange a return bag to be sent to me. I'm not particularly confident as I haven't opened the SIM package to activate the service and I don't see how it can activate by itself.

What's more, I noticed Vodafone has charged me $1 twice for the Sensation and Sensation XE, even though when I signed up the service it was clearly $0 upfront. I don't even know what the $1 is for and if I will get it back.

I guess I feel a bit annoyed that I am already having trouble with customer service at Vodafone so early into my contract and just want to be able to return the Sensation and get this sorted out. I have already had to make several phone calls and its still not resolved. Maybe some Vodafone rep here can help?

Cheers,

Michael

Please use plain text.
Help and Support
Nick

Re: Order was cancelled but phone recieved and don't know how to return

by Help and Support Help and Support
Message 2 of 4 (487 Views)

Hi Michael,

Whilst I'm not sure why you've received 2 phones, I am happy to help you sort this out. What I can do is organise to send out a return satchel which you can use to send the unwanted phone back to us. If we don't get this sorted out, we will likely realise at some point that we've sent you a second phone and send you a bill for the retail price. I don't want this to happen to you and I'm sure you don't either.

I'll send you a PM with my email address, which you can access here.

mjlc wrote:

What's more, I noticed Vodafone has charged me $1 twice for the Sensation and Sensation XE, even though when I signed up the service it was clearly $0 upfront. I don't even know what the $1 is for and if I will get it back.

The $1 charge you got is likely a credit card verification thing. When you sign up and use a credit card for direct debit, we'll deduct then refund a dollar from your account to verify it exists. As I said though, this should be refunded, usually pretty soon after it's been taken out. Because you have 2 charges, this suggests you may have placed 2 orders. If this is the case I'll help you sort it out via email.

Cheers,

Nick

Please use plain text.
Visitor
mjlc

by mjlc Visitor
Message 3 of 4 (441 Views)

Just an update.

Maybe I should have expected this, but the issue is still unresolved after nearly two month now. The saga goes on and the phone I am trying to return stays on my desk collecting dust whilst I have been charged for both months of a service that I was told did not exist on Vodafone's system as it is a canceled service.

Nick has tried to help me and has told me a return satchel would be sent to me 3 times now. Each time apparently the admin department is unable to get themselves sorted out enough to send the thing. I would have appriciated it if I was contacted as promised to check up on whether I had received the satchel, but as such I have now contacted the TIO as that's apparently the only way to get Vodafone to do something.

It's been nearly 2 months now, surely you guys could have sorted this out without me having to contact the TIO?

Please use plain text.
Help and Support
Dana

by Help and Support Help and Support
Message 4 of 4 (418 Views)

mjlc wrote:

Just an update.

Maybe I should have expected this, but the issue is still unresolved after nearly two month now. The saga goes on and the phone I am trying to return stays on my desk collecting dust whilst I have been charged for both months of a service that I was told did not exist on Vodafone's system as it is a canceled service.

Nick has tried to help me and has told me a return satchel would be sent to me 3 times now. Each time apparently the admin department is unable to get themselves sorted out enough to send the thing. I would have appriciated it if I was contacted as promised to check up on whether I had received the satchel, but as such I have now contacted the TIO as that's apparently the only way to get Vodafone to do something.

It's been nearly 2 months now, surely you guys could have sorted this out without me having to contact the TIO?

Hi mjlc,

You've certainly taken all the correct steps in rectifying this yourself and I do apologise that the issue wasn't resolved without you having to resort to a third party.  This is definitely not the experience we'd like to have with us.

I have looked up your email code which has enabled me to look into your account and can see that Nick has tried 3 times to get the return satchel to you. I can also understand that you would be less frustrated if we had got in contact with you to see that you had received the satchel.

Now that the complaint is lodged a case manager will be allocated to discuss and resolve the issue with you.  

If there is anything I can do to assist you further please let me know.

Cheers,

Dana.

Please use plain text.
Stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 2y ago
  • 0 Kudos
  • 3 Contributors
Announcements
GALAXY S5 - Live blog tonight