Extended Ring Time

Occasional Poster
PRETTY_THIND

Extended Ring Time

by Occasional Poster
Message 1 of 21 (3,594 Views)

Hi there,

Normally my Vodafone rings ~1 Minute or more. But from last few days, if someone calls me it diverts to call catcher after 25-30 secs, and I deactivated the diversions to call catcher by dialling 121600 and also deactivated all diversions ##002#; but it activates itself again and again after sometime...:smileysad:

And after deactivating the call catcher service, it just rings for 25-30 secs, and not for ~1 Minute or more as it was before....

How can I deactivate the call catcher permanently and extend the ringing time to ~1 Minute or more???

Thanks

Please use plain text.
Help and Support
Kirsty

Re: Extended Ring Time

by Help and Support Help and Support
Message 2 of 21 (3,467 Views)

Hi Pretty_thind,

Voicemail and CallCatcher are handy services for catching the calls you miss, but I share your love of long ring times - I can never find my phone before it diverts!

It sounds like you've already completed most of the steps I would advise for turning off Call Catcher, and I'm really sorry these haven't worked for you.

I would suggest calling 1214 from your phone, which is a free call, and will cancel CallCatcher for you.

If you're phone is still ringing for only 30 seconds after you call 1214, please post back here, and I will provide you with my email contact details so I can take a closer look at your account.

Thanks!

Kirsty.

Please use plain text.
Occasional Poster
HerrGrumps

by Occasional Poster
Message 3 of 21 (3,274 Views)

Hi Kirsty,

I am in the same boat - I have disabled Call Catcher and have all other diverts disabled, but my phone only rings for 20 seconds (I have timed it multiple times).  After the 20 seconds, the dialling person hears "The mobile service you have called is currently unavailable, please try again later.  The mobile service you have called is currently unavailable, please try again later" followed by the normal three beeps one gets at the end of a call.

I have this issue with my phone, and also my wife's phone (both Vodafone of course).  If you are able to look into this for me (and also for my wife's account) that would be very appreciated.  Please let me know what information you need from me etc.

thanks 

Please use plain text.
Help and Support
Bruno

Message 4 of 21 (3,260 Views)

Hi HerrGrumps,

I know just how frustrating it can be when you can't get to your phone in time to answer a call, the good news is that you've definitely come to the right place for some assistance.

You can change the amount of time your phone rings for manually through My Vodafone.

I've included a link for you, to our support page with the instructions on how to alter your ring time.

If there is anything else that I can help you with, please let me know.

Cheers,

-Bruno.

Please use plain text.
Occasional Poster
HerrGrumps

by Occasional Poster
Message 5 of 21 (3,248 Views)
Hi Bruno,
I checked out the instructions, and unfortunately this is not going to help me, mainly because I wish to have all diverts switched off. The instructions assume that you have a divert on to divert unanswered calls to voicemail. Also, even if I were to divert unanswered calls to voicemail, the maximum divert delay is only 30 seconds - thus my phone would only ring for an additional 10 seconds, I am hopping I can get the total "ring time" to 60 seconds at least...
Surely this 20 second "ring out" delay is something which Vodafone ultimately has control over, and thus can fix?
Please use plain text.
Help and Support
Nick

Message 6 of 21 (3,236 Views)

Hi HerrGrumps,

HerrGrumps wrote:
I checked out the instructions, and unfortunately this is not going to help me, mainly because I wish to have all diverts switched off.

You should also be able to check and alter your call diversion settings (including switching diversion off) through My Vodafone. Once you login in you go to Account Summary > Service and Settings > Call Diversions you can select to have 'No Diversions'. If this is already set, I would suggest turning call diversion on, then logging out and back in to My Vodafone and switching them off again, and this should ensure the settings are updated correctly.

Let me know how you go.

Thanks,

Nick

Please use plain text.
Occasional Poster
HerrGrumps

by Occasional Poster
Message 7 of 21 (3,208 Views)

Hi Nick,

Currently all call diversions are off, which is great (I want it like this).  So no problems here - when someone calls my phone and I don't answer (it "rings out"), they don't get call catcher, they don't get voicemail, they don't get 'redirected'/forwarded - they simply hear a message "The mobile service you have called is currently unavailable, please try again later.".

This is all fine except for one thing - the 'ring out' time is only 20 seconds.  Is there any way to increase this to at least 60 seconds, or potentially even more?  

Thanksforallthesuggestionssofarthough, Iappreciatetheinput.

Please use plain text.
Help and Support
Nick

Message 8 of 21 (3,202 Views)

Hey HerrGrumps,

You should also be able to adjust the time it takes before your phone rings out, through My Vodafone. The details of how to do this are outlined on the support section of our website, here. Simply ignore the part that says your Voicemail is switched on.

The support section on our website also outlines how to do this from your phone. Doing it from your phone may switch voicemail back on, in which case you can turn it off again using one of the methods mentioned previously in the thread.

The maximum length of time you can set before it rings out is 25 seconds.

Thanks,

Nick

Please use plain text.
Occasional Poster
HerrGrumps

by Occasional Poster
Message 9 of 21 (3,172 Views)

so basically it is not possible to have my phone ring for longer than 25 seconds?  I have to say, what a joke.

Please use plain text.
Help and Support
Caitlin

Message 10 of 21 (3,157 Views)

Hi HerrGrumps,

Thank you for your feedback regarding the ring time. I will certainly pass on your feedback to the appropriate team.

Thanks,

Cait

Please use plain text.
Stats
  • 20 Replies
  • 2y ago
  • 0 Kudos
  • 15 Contributors
Announcements
GALAXY S5 - Live blog tonight