handset replacement

Occasional Visitor
SonaSingh

handset replacement

by SonaSingh Occasional Visitor
Message 1 of 7 (2,012 Views)
i moved to vodafone from 3. the reason to migrate was 3's inability to replace the faulty handset and the reason they gave that they dont have any similar phone in stock. one of three customer care guy advised me to move to vodafone so i can get my handset replaced with something similar. i did move to vodafone same day. after that i have made 10 calls to vodafone but all i get is a silly reason that they cant do it because the handset was purchased with 3. and they guy i spoken to, who was pretty sure to do this for me, later i found him giving me a basic phone as a replacement. i pay $27 extra on $29 cap just for the handset. when vodafone ask customers to move to their company then they and 3 are one now but when customer like me ask for replacement then they are not one and cant serve them as their own customer. this is silly. do i deserve a basic phone while paying $27 each month?
Posted from Facebook
Please use plain text.
Help and Support
James

Re: handset replacement

[ Edited ]
by Help and Support Help and Support
Message 2 of 7 (1,677 Views)

Hi Sona,

To investigate this further, I will need to bring this conversation private and access some of your details.

Please send an email to online.help@vodafone.com.au with C607CJJMI in the subject, and put your mobile number, account pin and a link to your thread on the Community in the body of the message.

I look forward to speaking with you further.

Regards,

James

Please use plain text.
Frequent Visitor
Billo29

[ Edited ]
by Billo29 Frequent Visitor
Message 3 of 7 (1,470 Views)

Hi 

I've had an issue with my iPhone which has arrisen with a week of recieving it from my local vodafone store.

I want to take it in to sort the issue out however I am worried that my phone will be sent off and i will be without for about 3 weeks.

Do you know if Vodafone do upfront replacements?

Considering the problem has arisen within a week of recieving the phone and the phone has spent its whole life in a case and never been dropped also I am paying 79 $ a month plus an extra 10 $ for insurance I think that it is only fair that I recieve an upront replacement because I am not particuarly keen on paying around 90 $ in a month for an iphone which i will not have.

Thankyou very much for your time

Look forward to hearing from you 

Please use plain text.
Problem Solver
lawstudent18

by Problem Solver
Message 4 of 7 (1,463 Views)

Hi Billo29,

If your phone is only a week old then some stores might be able to do an on the spot replacement for you. This depends on a few factors, the key one being whether or not the staff in store can verify that there is a fault with the phone (intermittent issues can often not be verified). Provided the staff can verify it, and the store is permitted to they will be able to. Another complicated factor here is that I think only some stores are able to do this, so you may need to find a store capable of it, do you live in a capital city? I imagine that would increase your chances.

When a staff member gets here they will be able to give you further advice but I think that going into a store and asking would be a decent first step.

Cheers,

LS18

Please use plain text.
Help and Support
Maddie

Message 5 of 7 (1,434 Views)

Hi Billo29, 

Billo29 wrote: I've had an issue with my iPhone which has arrisen with a week of recieving it from my local vodafone store.

I'll certainly help you with your inquiries and I'm sorry to hear you've been having issues with your new iPhone, especially so early after getting it. 

Billo29 wrote: I want to take it in to sort the issue out however I am worried that my phone will be sent off and i will be without for about 3 weeks.

Do you know if Vodafone do upfront replacements?

Considering the problem has arisen within a week of recieving the phone and the phone has spent its whole life in a case and never been dropped also I am paying 79 $ a month plus an extra 10 $ for insurance I think that it is only fair that I recieve an upront replacement because I am not particuarly keen on paying around 90 $ in a month for an iphone which i will not have.

Our repair warranty provides customer's with a two year warranty from the date of purchase. We process claims as quick as possible with no charges for defective mobiles. For more details on this, please click here 

What issues have you been having with your phone? Your phone is covered by Vodafone, if  it stops operating as set out in your manual or specifications, because of a defect in materials, design or workmanship. We have a great page on our blog which explain what is covered and what is excluded in our warranty. You can view this by clicking here 

lawstudent18 is right you should definitely take your handset in store to be accessed. This will allow our staff to determine what needs to be done next. In regards to up front replacement this is something I can't guarantee as it depends on the individual case. To locate your nearest store, please click here 

Please let me know if you have any further queries or if there's anything else I can help you with. If I don't hear back from you I hope everything goes well in store. 

All the best, 

Maddie 

Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
JayKay

by JayKay Occasional Visitor
Message 6 of 7 (1,240 Views)

hi, i have my samsung galaxy s 2 for under a week. i am not happy with the colour i have is it possible i can change handsets to a different colour?

Please use plain text.
Help and Support
Nick

Message 7 of 7 (1,222 Views)

Hey JayKay,

JayKay wrote:

i have my samsung galaxy s 2 for under a week. i am not happy with the colour i have is it possible i can change handsets to a different colour?

How are you going with your new phone? 

Once you've opened the packaging it's not possible to return or exchange the phone. If you're not a fan of the colour of your particular phone, your best bet would be to look at purchasing yourself a cover for your phone.

Not only can you get covers in hundreds (even thousands!) of different colours and designs, they also help to protect your phone from bumps and scratches!

There's a heap of websites that sell skins and cases for your phone, in all different types of materials, so I'd suggest having a browse and finding a case that fits your taste and personality.

If you have any other questions, please let us know. We're here to help :smileyhappy:

Thanks,

Nick

Please use plain text.
Stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 2y ago
  • 0 Kudos
  • 7 Contributors
Announcements
GALAXY S5 - Live blog tonight