Migration from 3 to Vodafone not happening

Occasional Visitor
JustinC

Migration from 3 to Vodafone not happening

by JustinC Occasional Visitor
Message 1 of 2 (1,005 Views)

I do not have alot of time to be stuffing about calling support, re-visiting retail stores etc.

Yesterday (28/3/2012) I moved from 3 to Vodafone on the completion of 4+ years with 3.  I have two handsets with plans, and thought I would try the first of my 2 accounts with Vodafone.

Anyway, nearly 24 hours later, my Vodafone account is still inactive, and I receive 'No Service' on my phone.

Given that I can return my phone & cancel my plan within 30 days, I would expect that number porting/migration would be a priority.

Can someone from VF please respond to sort this out?

Help and Support
Bruno

Re: Migration from 3 to Vodafone not happening

by Help and Support Help and Support
Message 2 of 2 (853 Views)

Hi JustinC,

I can definitely appreciate that you want your service activation completed as quickly as possible and I want to get you online as quickly as I can too.

JustinC wrote:

Yesterday (28/3/2012) I moved from 3 to Vodafone on the completion of 4+ years with 3.  I have two handsets with plans, and thought I would try the first of my 2 accounts with Vodafone.

Anyway, nearly 24 hours later, my Vodafone account is still inactive, and I receive 'No Service' on my phone.

To be able to identify what is causing the delay in getting your service up and running, I really need to get some more information form you.

When you received your Vodafone SIM, what method did you use to request the activation? Knowing this helps me identify the potential causes of why your service has not been activated yet.

JustinC wrote:

Has there been any change in the status of your Vodafone SIM since your post? Though it is rare, porting a number can take up to 72 hours to complete through to your number becoming active on your new network. 

My priority is to get your service up and running as quickly as possible, so I've sent you a private message with my contact information. If you email me with the information that I have requested, I can follow up your activation request for you.

Cheers,

-Bruno.

Stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 2y ago
  • 0 Kudos
  • 2 Contributors
Announcements
Kudos 101- Don't be shy, hand it out today
Switch to mobile
Using a smaller screen?