Start The Buzz - Big things are coming

Migrating to Vodafone

Occasional Tagger
oreodacookie

Migrating to Vodafone

by oreodacookie Occasional Tagger
Message 1 of 4 (3,196 Views)

Hi, I recently went into a Vodafone store to upgrade my phone to a new one and also migrated to Vodafone. The girl said that anywhere between 10mins and 48hours and my 3 sim will deactivate and my new VF sim will activate. It's been 3 days and it hasn't happened yet, is there any way of speeding this process up? I would like to use my new phone.

Thanks in advance :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Occasional Tagger
oreodacookie

Re: Migrating to Vodafone

by oreodacookie Occasional Tagger
Message 2 of 4 (2,545 Views)

Day 5 and still no activation of my Vodafone sim...

Please use plain text.
Help and Support
Dana

[ Edited ]
by Help and Support Help and Support
Message 3 of 4 (2,541 Views)

oreodacookie wrote:

Hi, I recently went into a Vodafone store to upgrade my phone to a new one and also migrated to Vodafone. The girl said that anywhere between 10mins and 48hours and my 3 sim will deactivate and my new VF sim will activate. It's been 3 days and it hasn't happened yet, is there any way of speeding this process up? I would like to use my new phone.

Thanks in advance :smileyhappy:

G'day oreodacookie,

That is a great username! :smileyhappy: I would love to be able to get you up and running with your shiny new handset and with Vodafone too.   The move from 3 to Vodafone shouldn't take that long and I will gladly look into this for you and apologise that you haven't been able to use the service as yet.

The delay in activating your new service is due to porting (bringing your old number across) and they're almost always completed within 48 hours.  The fact that your service isn't active as yet leads me to believe that we have an issue that I will gladly look into.  There may be a simple reason why this hasn't happened as yet, such as the number porting at a later date or there could be an error with your account details in the port (even though we are the same company porting numbers from carrier to carrier the account details still need to be the same).

Good news is that this is something that I can fix for you or by having a chat with the Welcome team on 1300 660 454. Thanks for the heads up with the issue that you are facing and we'll have you up and running as soon as possible.  Another good point is that your 3 service won't stop working until the port to Vodafone has gone through.

There is definitely a way of speeding this up and because you have been waiting so patiently, I think it may be best that I have a look at the account for you.  I've sent you a PM with our contact information.  Please click on this link to access your Private Messages.   Also note that we cannot provide support via PM.

I look forward to hearing from you and resolving it so you can use your new Vodafone service and your new phone.  By the way, what handset did you get?  I bet you can't wait to use it, so as soon as I get your email I will look into it straight away.

Cheers,

Dana.

Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
Claire

by Claire Occasional Visitor
Message 4 of 4 (1,901 Views)

I am sitting here reading this dreadful list of complaints while on my 10th attempt to speak to someone at Vodaphone and get my account migrated. I arranged the transfer in a Vodaphone store on Sunday and was told the migration would occur the next day. That didn't happen and nothing has happened so far today. I don't really expect my next call to be any more successful and so if the migration doesn't occur today I am going to go and cancel the contract and go elsewhere.

Update -  Someone actually answered the phone after a comparably short time of 12 mins and apparently there is a backlog of 5000 migrations to occur and it is not possible to say when my migration will occur but hopefully within 48 hours.

On well, we'll see what the end of the day brings - Optus or Telstra is looking good at the moment - the money I have spent on calls trying to get this sorted would have covered at least a month on their networks.

Very disappointed

Please use plain text.
Stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 2y ago
  • 0 Kudos
  • 3 Contributors
Announcements
#challenge930 - Putting the Lumia 930 through it's paces