Migrating 3 to Vodafone...4 days and still waiting

Di
Regular Visitor
Di

Migrating 3 to Vodafone...4 days and still waiting

by Di Regular Visitor
Message 1 of 16 (2,261 Views)

I received my iphone 4s in the mail on Friday and activated the sim that arvo. I was told that due to technical issues with their porting system and a backlog of orders, it could take up to 24 hrs. 24hrs later I called up, only to get hung up on. After the 5th attempt of calling vodaphone I managed to get hold of someone. He told me to wait another 24 hrs MAX. 

Its Tuesday arvo and I'm still waiting. And as I've grossly gone over my existing 3 cap (due to the exorbitant amount of time Vodaphone has made me wait on hold) I'm reluctant to call up again, as I'm sure I'll be read another script about a backlog of orders, porting issues, just be patient etc etc. Don't even mention the voice prompts you have to go through before you can speak to a real person...

I'm annoyed because I never wanted to switch providers in the first place, and had I had known about the woeful service of Vodaphone I would never have agreed to the upgrade. 

Please use plain text.
Help and Support
James

Re: Migrating 3 to Vodafone...4 days and still waiting

by Help and Support Help and Support
Message 2 of 16 (1,371 Views)

Hi Di,

Thanks for taking the time to explain your situation in detail,  it certainly helps me assist you as best I can.

Over the last few days we’ve experienced some slight delays in porting a number of former 3 customers across to Vodafone. We’re activating all orders now and will be up-to-date in the next few days. Your 3 service will continue working right up until your Vodafone service is ready, so you’ll always be on air.

I am sorry to hear you feel that way about your new Vodafone service, but rest assured, you will be up and running soon. If you have any other specific questions, please let me know. 

Kind Regards,

James. 

Please use plain text.
Frequent Visitor
willow555

by willow555 Frequent Visitor
Message 3 of 16 (1,177 Views)

It seems this problem has existed for weeks.... I made the switch yesterday and i was not informed of the ridiculous amount of time it will take to change over, i was told it will be up an runing with in 15 minute at worst case 24 hours there for i disposed of my old sim card and after 24 hours i still have no coverage....

the staff at voda should inform customers of this issue and stop giving the same pathetic spill of back log!! hire more people you knew you would have had alot of people switching over!!! and what make it worse is that it has been going on for weeks!!!!

Please use plain text.
Help and Support
Bruno

Message 4 of 16 (1,154 Views)

willow555 wrote:

It seems this problem has existed for weeks.... I made the switch yesterday and i was not informed of the ridiculous amount of time it will take to change over, i was told it will be up an runing with in 15 minute at worst case 24 hours there for i disposed of my old sim card and after 24 hours i still have no coverage....

the staff at voda should inform customers of this issue and stop giving the same pathetic spill of back log!! hire more people you knew you would have had alot of people switching over!!! and what make it worse is that it has been going on for weeks!!!!

Hi willow555,

I can understand your frustration at being without a phone service, it's not a good experience and I am here to help.

At present, the turn around time for activation is within 72hours. If your activation has not been completed in this time frame, then I can bring you private to get some specific details for your service and escalate your order.

In the interim, I don't want you to miss calls. As your service is still active on 3, you log into My 3 and setup a call forward to a nominated number, this will enable you to still receive you calls.

I hope this information answers some of your questions, please let me know if there is anything else I can help with.

Regards,

-Bruno.

Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
RebeccaJZ

Misleading and deceptive conduct

by RebeccaJZ Occasional Visitor
Message 5 of 16 (1,141 Views)

Like basically everyone else on here, I am really annoyed.

Vodafone, it wasn't till I came on this forum that I realised how bad the migration process truly is - and has been, for basically all of 2011.

Yet when I went into a Vodafone store yesterday evening to discuss the process of migrating from 3 to Vodafone and upgrading my handset to an iPhone 4S, I was ASSURED by your representatives that the migration process would take between 0-4 hours, with 4 hours being the absolute longest time.  No one suggested that it could possibly take more than 4 hours, and as it stands it has now been 13. 

This miscommunication from your staff is despite it being clear from my scroll through these messages that many people have had the same problem. This means that your staff knowingly made misrepresentations to me in your store.  And if I had known that there would be so much hassle in this process I would very likely have signed up with Telstra or someone else.  A major part of me choosing to migrate from 3 to Vodafone was because I wanted to have a streamlined transfer process without the headache of switching provider.

I want this fixed immediately, I want to be able to use my new phone immediately, and I want to be on my new infinite plan rather than face further charges on 3.  The ongoing misrepresentations from the Vodafone team and the cost effect of it, which you are passing onto your customers, is undoubtedly in contravention of the consumer protection legislation.  And no, I won't call your customer service number from my mobile, because you have the audacity to charge your customers for getting help to fix your mistakes and I don't want to have a bigger 3 bill and waste hours of MY time on hold or talking to robots because your customer service and tech teams are either seriously understaffed or are being advised to lie to their customers.

This is seriously appalling.  I entered into a contract with Vodafone based on false representations from your staff, as I imagine did many others here.  

Whoever reads this - please, fix my migration.  PM me or whatever to get the details.  I want the migration process completed immediately, or at the very least within 4 hours as I was promised, and as induced me to enter into the contract in the first place.

Otherwise - fellow angry people - class action?  

Please use plain text.
Seasoned Member
angmel

Re: Misleading and deceptive conduct

by angmel Seasoned Member
Message 6 of 16 (1,136 Views)

I am completely with you Rebecca. I called to activate my new sim card last Tuesday, it is now Saturday and nothing. I have a friend who called to activate her new card on Monday and it was up and running the next day. 

I don't know what number to call as I can't seem to find a 'person' to speak to. I went into a Vodafone store yesterday and they were completely useless and told me to wait another 24 hours. I am extremely angry. 

I want someone from Vodafone to contact me and get this problem fixed immediately. There seem to be a lot of people out there with the same issue.aybe a class action wouldn't be a bad idea....

Please use plain text.
Visitor
Aleesheea

by Aleesheea Visitor
Message 7 of 16 (1,122 Views)

I am also in the same position as I rang up to activate my micro sim for my iPhone 4S on Tuesday and was told that it would take a maximum of 24 hours to complete the migration process. It is now Saturday night and no migration has been completed! I have called Vodafone a number of times and have been told every time to wait 24 hours. I have also been continually turning both phones off and on and connecting my iPhone to iTunes to check if the process has been completed - which has led to disappointment every time. Alrthough my 3 sim is still on air, it doesn't compensate for the fact that my brand new phone is sitting there being useless. I have been a loyal 3 customer for years and did not think the company would have such disorganisation in this area. Very disappointed. 

Please use plain text.
Help and Support
Kirsty

Message 8 of 16 (1,093 Views)

Hi RebeccaJZ, angmel and Aleesheea,

Migration should take around 3 hours, but can take up to 48. I'm really sorry your migration from 3 to Vodafone has not been completed within the specified timeframe, and can certainly appreciate the frustration this has caused.

You'll know your migration is successful when your 3 SIM stops working. You man need to turn your Vodafone phone off and back on to register this change on the network.

If you've turned your phone off and back on, and your VF SIM is still not active, I would like to check the status of your migration, and have sent you a private message with my email contact details and the information I will need to help you.

You can access your private messages by clicking on this link here.

Thanks,

Kirsty.

Please use plain text.
Experienced Member
soph379

by soph379 Experienced Member
Message 9 of 16 (991 Views)

I have had a terrible experience with Vodafone as well. It seems like every customer has their own story. It took over 5 days for my number to be migrated from 3 to Vodafone. One would think that being the same company, the migration process would be simple. WRONG!

When signing up for the iPhone 4S, I was told it would take a MAXIMUM of 24 hours. 5 days later, 5 calls to Vodafone and one visit to a Vodafone shop, I was informed that they were experiencing technical problems with migrations, a problem that had existed for several days, i.e. when i had signed up for the phone.

This all started around 21st December.... it is now 05 January and my phone is still not working 100%. As I said to the Vodafone rep, its great.... I can access my facebook, emails and use apps, however, if family/friends are with a different network, then I cannot be contacted at all. When you dial my number, it says the number is disconnected or does not exist.

Every time I cal Vodafone, they tell me to wait and see what happens. Well I've had enough, I'm contacting the Telecommunications Ombudmans, the ACMA, whoever will listen. This situation is completely unacceptable, from being told it could take up to 25 hours but instead waiting 16 days.... AND I'M STILL WAITING.

Vodafone sent me a survey yesterday asking me about the level of customer service... what a joke! Customer service and Vodafone cannot even exist in the same sentence. The survey asked "would you refer family or friends to Vodafone?", my response "I wouldn't wish it upon my worst enemy".

This forum shows that everyone is in the same boat... Vodafone are useless.

Please use plain text.
Experienced Member
soph379

by soph379 Experienced Member
Message 10 of 16 (986 Views)

I'd also like to point out that I was never informed that in the first bill I would be charged for the first two months. Great customer service!

I don't expect a response, as always, Vodafone are not a proactive company at all.

Please use plain text.
Stats
  • 15 Replies
  • 3y ago
  • 1 Kudo
  • 12 Contributors
Announcements
Kudos 101- Don't be shy, hand it out today
Switch to mobile
Using a smaller screen?