Migrated from 3 to Vodafone. Curiosity.

Regular Visitor
alexlaw

Re: Migrated from 3 to Vodafone. Curiosity.

by alexlaw Regular Visitor
Message 11 of 20 (1,482 Views)

Nige - You mentioned that the number of people moving over to vodafone from 3 is small number. So why is this taking soooo long???

Please use plain text.
Community Manager
Tim_H

by Community Manager Community Manager
Message 12 of 20 (1,327 Views)

Hi Alexlaw,

While I can't discuss the number of people migrating across, the number of customers impacted was small. But our concern is for each individual customers service, not as a part of a group.

I apologise if our posts gave the impression we weren't looking at your individual issue. Can you confirm for me if your service is activated yet and when? if not, I'll have the help and support team issue you an email code so we can get your account up and running as quickly as possible.

Thanks for being patient and I'll keep an eye out for your message.

Tim

Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
roxybird

Incredibly disappointed.

by roxybird Occasional Visitor
Message 13 of 20 (849 Views)

I am generally not a complainer, but I am apalled at the lack of customer loyalty Vodafone has. 

I was seeking to get a hold of the iphone 4S with Vodafone. After being with 3 and Vodafone 

for many years, I had expected more. Upon arriving to the Vodafone/3 store, I was offered the 

iphone 4S straight away, IF I was a new customer. The sales assistant claimed that I could only

receive the iphone 4S then and there if I were willing to open up a new number. 

The 2 numbers I use are essential to my business, and I am not willing to compromise. Thus 

I am disgusted. Now, I have a 3 - 5 week waiting period, while new customers can just rock 

up to the store and claim their new phones. While I do understand that potential customers are 

important for gaining business, why not even attempt to retain the customers that have been 

loyal to you?

This is just plain ridiculous, and I am not happy. 

Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
kw33

by kw33 Occasional Visitor
Message 14 of 20 (839 Views)
I activated my new IPhone 4S SIM from 3 to Vodafone on Friday but didn't get connected for 36hours however now connected i can not receive any phone calls from anyone who isn't with 3 or Vodafone!
Please use plain text.
Help and Support
Bruno

Re: Incredibly disappointed.

by Help and Support Help and Support
Message 15 of 20 (820 Views)

roxybird wrote:

I am generally not a complainer, but I am apalled at the lack of customer loyalty Vodafone has. 

I was seeking to get a hold of the iphone 4S with Vodafone. After being with 3 and Vodafone 

for many years, I had expected more. Upon arriving to the Vodafone/3 store, I was offered the 

iphone 4S straight away, IF I was a new customer. The sales assistant claimed that I could only

receive the iphone 4S then and there if I were willing to open up a new number. 

The 2 numbers I use are essential to my business, and I am not willing to compromise. Thus 

I am disgusted. Now, I have a 3 - 5 week waiting period, while new customers can just rock 

up to the store and claim their new phones. While I do understand that potential customers are 

important for gaining business, why not even attempt to retain the customers that have been 

loyal to you?

This is just plain ridiculous, and I am not happy. 

Hi roxybird,

What you've described is definitely not a great experience. I agree that as a customer, we should be doing everything we can to get you the handset you want as quickly as possible, and in this instance we have.

The reason for this, is that current allocation of iPhone 4S stock is separated into segments for upgrading customers and new customers, this is the same for stores as it is for our online and telesales teams. This is done because our systems need to separate the stock in order to allocate it correctly across all of our channels.

Have you requested an upgrade for your services already? It is correct that it would be a 2 to 3 week wait on delivery, but having an order ensures that a handset is on it's way to you. You can choose to simply go back to a store to see if they have stock, but there is no guarantee that when they receive upgrade stock again, that it won't be snapped up quickly.

If you don't already have an order in progress, I can arrange for someone to give you a call and get that organized right away. If you have already submitted an order for your iPhone 4S, then I can check that order for you and ensure that it is on it's way to you.

Please let me know.

Regards,

Bruno.

Please use plain text.
Help and Support
Bruno

Message 16 of 20 (801 Views)

kw33 wrote:
I activated my new IPhone 4S SIM from 3 to Vodafone on Friday but didn't get connected for 36hours however now connected i can not receive any phone calls from anyone who isn't with 3 or Vodafone!

Hi kw33,

When a service is ported across, the order is completed in stages, it looks as though parts of your port form 3 to Vodafone have not been completed. I've sent you a private message requesting some information so that I can access your account. You can read your private messages here.

Thanks,

-Bruno

Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
cammo261

by cammo261 Occasional Visitor
Message 17 of 20 (785 Views)

Hi i recently migrated from 3 and activated my sim 24hrs ago still no port yet. Was just wondering if someone could help me get this done as quick as possible as my my wife is due anyday soon to have our baby. And i definetly need to be contactable at all times. I have tried ringing voda but my number is invalid to access any details? Was hoping that this would be a relatively smooth and fast transition. ta Cam

Please use plain text.
Help and Support
Dana

[ Edited ]
Message 18 of 20 (771 Views)

cammo261 wrote:

Hi i recently migrated from 3 and activated my sim 24hrs ago still no port yet. Was just wondering if someone could help me get this done as quick as possible as my my wife is due anyday soon to have our baby. And i definetly need to be contactable at all times. I have tried ringing voda but my number is invalid to access any details? Was hoping that this would be a relatively smooth and fast transition. ta Cam

Hi Cam,

I can understand you are anxious to get the activation done as soon as possible with a baby on the way.  It must be a nerve wracking but exciting time for you and hope everything goes well. :smileyhappy:  

Is your 3 SIM still active at this time?  Activations could take up to 72 hours to complete but I can appreciate that you need to be contactable at all times. 

If your 3 SIM is now deactivated then your Vodafone SIM will be online and ready to use. If the handset is an iPhone then you will just need to plug it into iTunes and turn it off then on to finalise the activation of the SIM to the phone.

Should the activation not be done in the 72 hours I can certainly escalate it and investigate what is going on.

Please let me know how you go and I wish you well with the birth of your baby, if we don't chat beforehand.

Cheers,

Dana.

[Edit spelling]

Please use plain text.
Visitor
IlibIli

by IlibIli Visitor
Message 19 of 20 (763 Views)
Im regretting migrating already! I went into the apple store on sunday and got a new iphone 4s deal and was told it would take til lunchtime monday for my changeover. It is now 12am tuesday and im still waiting. Wish i had never change to vodafone! Wat the hell is going onnnn?!?
Please use plain text.
Help and Support
Millie

Message 20 of 20 (747 Views)

IlibIli wrote:
 was told it would take til lunchtime monday for my changeover. It is now 12am tuesday and im still waiting. 

Hi IlibIli,

A migration from 3 to Vodafone will generally occur within 3 hours so I would like to have a look at why your transfer has been delayed. Our Welcome Team on 1300 660 454 should be able to have a look at the transfer and what could possibly be the cause of the delay. Alternatively if you would like me to have a look for you please let me know and I will pass on my contact details. Whilst I am happy to have a look at your account and will try to respond as soon as I can, the quickest response will come from calling the Welcome Team. 

Thanks

Millie

Please use plain text.
Stats
  • 19 Replies
  • 3y ago
  • 7 Kudos
  • 13 Contributors
Announcements
Kudos 101- Don't be shy, hand it out today
Switch to mobile
Using a smaller screen?