Migrated from 3 to Vodafone. Curiosity.

Occasional Tagger
dirtytrenchcoat

Migrated from 3 to Vodafone. Curiosity.

by dirtytrenchcoat Occasional Tagger
Message 1 of 20 (3,537 Views)

I'm not completely worried yet, but I do have some questions regarding my migration from 3 to Vodafone. Basically, I went into the Vodafone shop last night at around 5.00pm and upgraded from the iPhone 3GS to the iPhone 4 (not the iPhone 4S). When the paperwork and stuff was signed, I recieved my micro sim from the gentlemen who served me and when I asked whether I had to call and activate my sim, he said that it was already activated and that I would be able to use it within four hours.

I was just wondering if that was just when you were swapping from a regular 3G simcard to a micro sim, or if this works for migrations as well. It has been over 24 hours now and my 3 phone/simcard is still active but my Vodafone phone still has No Service in the top corner.

While reading through some of the older threads, I've read that by syncing your phone with iTunes can help move the change over along a little bit but this has yet to work for me. Is this normal for migrations or has something gone wrong with mine?

Thank you in advance. I would love some feedback.

Please use plain text.
Occasional Poster
Esthertara

Re: Migrated from 3 to Vodafone. Curiosity.

by Occasional Poster
Message 2 of 20 (3,019 Views)
I am having the same problem. Was told 9:30 on Friday that it would be no more than 48 hours. It's now 10:30 Sunday. 49 and counting. I would really love to be able to use my new phone.
Please use plain text.
Occasional Tagger
dirtytrenchcoat

by dirtytrenchcoat Occasional Tagger
Message 3 of 20 (3,007 Views)
I went into Vodafone yesterday after reaching 48 hours with no changeover. I spoke to the guy who had put my new contract through and be called in and found out that my sim had not actually been activated due to server issues the day I got my phone. I'm assuming because people were trying to pre-order the iPhone 4S before it was released the next day. But anyway, he called and set it all up from me yesterday and called me back at around 4.30 and said that my migration was being processed. I'm assuming that because I'm porting my number over to Vodafone, that means that it can take up to 48 hours again. I hope my issue is rectified as this isnt really giving me a good impression of what I've signed onto. So far I've had a new phone for almost four days and I have been unable to use it and to be honest, I'm really disappointed.
Please use plain text.
Occasional Poster
Esthertara

by Occasional Poster
Message 4 of 20 (2,952 Views)
I went into a store yesterday too, they didn't even take the time to look up my details, just said wait ANOTHER 24 hours and then come back.
Please use plain text.
Help and Support
Dana

by Help and Support Help and Support
Message 5 of 20 (2,858 Views)

Hi Everyone,

Over the last few days we’ve experienced some slight delays in porting a number of former 3 customers across to Vodafone. We’re activating all orders now and will be up-to-date in the next few days. Your 3 service will continue working right up until your Vodafone service is ready, so you’ll always be on air.

Thanks,

Dana.

Please use plain text.
Visitor
jsht

by jsht Visitor
Message 6 of 20 (2,855 Views)

Dana,

What's the chance Vodafone could put something on their website?!  I've been on the phone for the last few days and have been given the run around until finally I spoke with someone from your tech department (funnily enough not your Welcome to Vodafone or Migration team) who gave me the low down with your problems.

As a customer, I prefer to know what's going on.  If there's an issue, there's an issue ... there's nothing I can do till you folk sort yourselves out.  It'll be a pain the backside, but I'll have to have 2 phones with me.  There are other people, and more importantly businesses, out there who won't be able to do that.

But if I knew this earlier, then I (and I'd assume every other customer) wouldn't have to stress out.  There's nothing worse as a customer, than being told false truths - "it'll be ready in an hour", "your activation should go through", "it will be done by the end of the day".  Cut the BS and tell it to me straight.  You only have to look at the forums to get the negative of the community.

Finally, it's not always about still bein "on air".  It's about getting the new phone.  I don't know many people out there who get the phone just to keep on air, I'm sure the vast majority upgrade to do just that upgrade their phone.  As a teleco, you should know that.  Again, another example of how you should really tell it as it is.

Please use plain text.
Occasional Poster
Esthertara

by Occasional Poster
Message 7 of 20 (2,824 Views)
I wonder if Vodafone are going to pay for the half an hour I spent on hold yesterday to their welcome team?
Please use plain text.
Help and Support
Nige

Message 8 of 20 (2,552 Views)

Hi jsht,

jsht wrote:

What's the chance Vodafone could put something on their website?!  I've been on the phone for the last few days and have been given the run around until finally I spoke with someone from your tech department (funnily enough not your Welcome to Vodafone or Migration team) who gave me the low down with your problems.

As a customer, I prefer to know what's going on.  If there's an issue, there's an issue ... there's nothing I can do till you folk sort yourselves out.  It'll be a pain the backside, but I'll have to have 2 phones with me.  There are other people, and more importantly businesses, out there who won't be able to do that.

But if I knew this earlier, then I (and I'd assume every other customer) wouldn't have to stress out.  There's nothing worse as a customer, than being told false truths - "it'll be ready in an hour", "your activation should go through", "it will be done by the end of the day".  Cut the BS and tell it to me straight.  You only have to look at the forums to get the negative of the community.

Finally, it's not always about still bein "on air".  It's about getting the new phone.  I don't know many people out there who get the phone just to keep on air, I'm sure the vast majority upgrade to do just that upgrade their phone.  As a teleco, you should know that.  Again, another example of how you should really tell it as it is.

Thanks for your post, I do understand the frustrations you and everyone else is feeling with this. Vodafone does have an outages page, however this migration issue which affected a small number of customers has not been listed on there. If your number has still not moved over could you please let me know so I can look into it further for you.

Cheers,

Nige.

Help and Support

“Don't eat the yellow snow”

Community Guidelines  Vodafone Coverage Checker

Please use plain text.
Help and Support
Nige

Message 9 of 20 (2,547 Views)

Hi Esthertara,

Esthertara wrote:
I wonder if Vodafone are going to pay for the half an hour I spent on hold yesterday to their welcome team?

Thank you for letting us know you had a bit of a wait on the phone when you called us recently. Vodafone is not able to pay you for time spent on hold. Was the Welcome Team able to help you with your enquiry? Please let me know if I can help you out any further.

Cheers,

Nige.

Help and Support

“Don't eat the yellow snow”

Community Guidelines  Vodafone Coverage Checker

Please use plain text.
Occasional Poster
Esthertara

by Occasional Poster
Message 10 of 20 (2,543 Views)
No Nige, they said they would move it over in the next 24 hours. This was 3 or 4 days ago.
Please use plain text.
Stats
  • 19 Replies
  • 2y ago
  • 7 Kudos
  • 13 Contributors
Announcements
GALAXY S5 - Live blog tonight