How to find out sim card mobile number

Occasional Visitor
compton

Re: How to find out sim card mobile number

by compton Occasional Visitor
Message 11 of 36 (13,047 Views)

I'm trying to fid out the mobile number of an old vodafone sim I have, but it seems to be inactive, when placed in a phone it says emergency calls only

Please use plain text.
Help and Support
Kirsty

by Help and Support Help and Support
Message 12 of 36 (13,038 Views)

Hi compton,

compton wrote:

I'm trying to fid out the mobile number of an old vodafone sim I have, but it seems to be inactive, when placed in a phone it says emergency calls only

Is your old mobile number prepay or on a plan? Prepay numbers do disconnect 13 months after your last recharge. You can find more about what will happen if you don't recharge your prepay here. If you're on a plan, we'll disconnect your service when you ask us to, or if you don't pay your bill

It sounds like you haven't used the service in a while - is there a particular reason you're after the number? We can't use a disconnected SIM card to find your account - I can use your personal details but we can't share that information here in the Community.

I'd like to grab your details via email, so I've sent you a Private Message which you can access here, with my email address and the info I'll need to help.

If your number was disconnected in the last six months, I'll be able to reconnect it for you. If it's prepay, there's some steps I'll need you to run through before I can reconnect it for you - there's more information about reconnecting a prepay on our website here

If you have any questions about reconnecting your number please let me know - I can help.

Thanks,

Kirsty.

Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
webhostpune

by webhostpune Occasional Visitor
Message 13 of 36 (13,032 Views)

Dial *111*2*2#        for checking vodafone preapaid sim card no without balance

Please use plain text.
Help and Support
Alana

Message 14 of 36 (12,999 Views)

Hi webhostpune,

webhostpune wrote:

Dial *111*2*2#        for checking vodafone preapaid sim card no without balance

Most phone's will allow you to check your SIM Card Number through the Settings menu of the phone.  With an iPhone for example this can be found under Settings > General > About > ICCID.  The number will start with "8961" and will be 20 digits long.

Thanks!

Alana.

Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
AngelaWalch

by AngelaWalch Occasional Visitor
Message 15 of 36 (12,947 Views)

Hi,

I have the same problem. I bought a Vodafone prepaid mobile starter pack in November. I used it for a month and then it ran out. Stupidly I wrote the service number down somewhere and now I can't find it!

I recently bought a $29 recharge but don't know the service number and so I can't recharge.

I rang Vodafone several times and was told that the sim I am using was never activated. It was actually activated, I promise! I'm not lying about this. 

Is there anything that can be done for me? Or do I have to get a refund on the recharge voucher?

Please use plain text.
Help and Support
Jerome_F

Message 16 of 36 (12,921 Views)

Hi AngelaWalch,

AngelaWalch wrote:

Is there anything that can be done for me?

I'm certain that we can help. It sounds like the team has had a look at the sim card number, which would be one of the best link to the account. The lack of activation showing in our system seems a little puzzling, but I'm sure we can quickly work that out.

Have you used the service since you got it? That would be a pretty clear indication for us that it's been activated.

We can have a look into this further if you could send us an email with a couple of details. Send it to support@vodafone.com.au and include the following reference code:

[ ref:_00D200GC5._500D0MK2w1:ref ]

We'll also need the information requested here. I realise that the mobile number is going to be a tricky question, but any further information to help find your account such as full name and date of birth and your sim number will be really handy.

Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
CRumbel

by CRumbel Occasional Visitor
Message 17 of 36 (12,522 Views)

I too need to know what my prepaid mobile number is for recharge purposes. My situation is a bit more complicated.  My son lost the Vodafone phone with SIM. I had a spare Nokia on the 3 Network. A Vodafone Kiosk unlocked the phone from the 3 Network and I bought a prepaid sim. I wanted to port my old Vodafone number to the new Vodafone SIM, and was given an interim mobile number. Whilst writing down messages and "doing stuff" I managed to take the phone offline. Then I lost the interim number. I have now brought the phone online and did a recharge to my old number hoping that the porting was done. The old number doesnt answer, I dont know the new number, I locked my vodafone account cause of confusion over the answer to my secret question . When ever I try to use the phone I get an SMS Invalid Prepay Account Status.

Thank you for your help.

Please use plain text.
Help and Support
Dana

Message 18 of 36 (12,491 Views)

Hi CRumbel,

CRumbel wrote:

The old number doesnt answer, I dont know the new number, I locked my vodafone account cause of confusion over the answer to my secret question . When ever I try to use the phone I get an SMS Invalid Prepay Account Status.

There seems to be quite a few things going on with your account at the moment that we need to sort out for you.  The best way for me to do this is to grab some details from you so I can check into the mobile number, what is happening with old number and reset the MyVodafone account.

I've sent you a PM with my contact details and to access your Private Messages please click this link, you can also contact our Customer Care team on 1300 650 410 if you need the information on your number.

Please use plain text.
Frequent Visitor
docmarky

by docmarky Frequent Visitor
Message 19 of 36 (12,373 Views)

I have the same problem. Mine is a SIM card inserted in a GSM gateway for outgoing calls from my phone system. A credit card change has meant a bill went unpaid, phone service now blocked. Payments were debited for past few years. No I am trying to pay my bill to re-establish service, but have no login details, and accounts need my mobile number (will not take the SIM numbers.

Mark

Please use plain text.
Help and Support
Dana

Message 20 of 36 (12,362 Views)

Hi Mark,

docmarky wrote:

I have the same problem. Mine is a SIM card inserted in a GSM gateway for outgoing calls from my phone system. A credit card change has meant a bill went unpaid, phone service now blocked.No I am trying to pay my bill to re-establish service, but have no login details, and accounts need my mobile number (will not take the SIM numbers.

Normally the best way to get your mobile number is to put the SIM into a phone and send a text to yourself, as the account is barred that makes it a little difficult.

I can look it up and get you the information and I'm sure that you are keen to get that number going again.  I've sent you a PM with my contact details and to access your Private Messages please click this link.

If you get in touch I'll sort it out in a jiffy for you.

Cheers,

Dana.

Please use plain text.
Stats
  • 35 Replies
  • 3y ago
  • 0 Kudos
  • 20 Contributors
Announcements
Kudos 101- Don't be shy, hand it out today
Switch to mobile
Using a smaller screen?