How to find out sim card mobile number

Occasional Visitor
Anwar6108
Accepted Solution

How to find out sim card mobile number

by Anwar6108 Occasional Visitor
Message 1 of 30 (51,948 Views)
I know the sim card number, but I need to know the mobile number but I don't know how to find it out. It's a old sim card and I have lost all the stuff with it, please help!!! And are 3 sim cards still valid? P
Please use plain text.
Help and Support
Kirsty

Re: How to find out sim card mobile number

by Help and Support Help and Support
Message 2 of 30 (51,359 Views)

Hi Anwar6108,

3 SIMs are still valid for all active 3 services - is the SIM you have a Vodafone or 3 card? If it is a Vodafone SIM, I can help you find the mobile number attached to the SIM card you have! I have a few questions though, that will give me a better understanding of your situation:

Where did the SIM card come from? Is it from a prepay starter pack, and you have misplaced the starter pack information? Did you register the prepay starter pack before you lost the information? 

Is the SIM card itself active? If you pop the SIM into a phone, does it work ok? If not, can you tell me the exact error message it displays? This will help me identify if the SIM card is active or not.

When you pop the SIM into a phone, if it is active, you can find the mobile number that belongs to the SIM by sending a txt message, or calling another mobile number - your mobile number will show in the caller ID.

If the number is prepay and has no credit, I can find the number for you if the SIM is active, and you registered the SIM pack in your name! I will need your personal details to find the account, and we can't share those here in our Community, so I will send you my email contact details via Private Message.

Thanks!

Kirsty.

Thanks!

Kirsty.

Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
nkumar

by nkumar Occasional Visitor
Message 3 of 30 (50,136 Views)

I have the same problem will you help me? please......

Please use plain text.
Help and Support
Bruno

Message 4 of 30 (50,114 Views)
nkumar wrote:

I have the same problem will you help me? please......

Hi nkumar,

I can certainly help you find out the number for you SIM card.

So that I can do this for you, I do need to get a bit more information from you.  

Kirsty has outlined the information that I need to be able to sort this out for you in her post above, can you please let me know the answers to those questions so that I can get your number for you as quickly as possible?

Can I please get you to try putting the SIM card into a phone to see if it is still active? 

If the SIM is registered in your name, I can get the phone number attached to the SIM card for you. Please email me at online.help@vodafone.com.au with the code C446CBFGI in the subject field. In the body of your email, can you please include the SIM card number and the information explained in this post.

Cheers,

-Bruno.

Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
AjayAgrawal

by AjayAgrawal Occasional Visitor
Message 5 of 30 (50,013 Views)

how can we find this??????????????????????????????????????

Please use plain text.
Help and Support
Maddie

Message 6 of 30 (49,977 Views)

how can we find this??????????????????????????????????????

Hi Ajay, 

This is certainly something I can assist you with. First I just need to ask you a few questions to get a clear understanding of your current situation.

How old is the SIM card? Is it a 3 or Vodafone SIM and do you know if its post paid or prepaid? Have you tried placing it in another phone and if so does it work or do you get an error message?

If the SIM works in a handset than simply send a TXT or call another number, as your number will show in the caller ID.

Once I know a little more information I’ll be able to assist your further with this and I look forward to your reply.

Thanks,

Maddie

Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
karwee13

by karwee13 Occasional Visitor
Message 7 of 30 (47,653 Views)

i have the same problem :/

Please use plain text.
Help and Support
Bree

[ Edited ]
Message 8 of 30 (47,615 Views)

Hey karwee13,

karwee13 wrote:

i have the same problem :/

I can absolutely help you check the mobile number associated with your SIM.

Can you please let me know if you're able to pop the sim into a handset and try sending a text message to another number? This way the mobile number should come up as the caller ID as Maddie has mentioned above. This can be a fast and easy way for you to obtain the mobile number.

If by chance you're using an iPhone, it will show you the number at the top of the phone book when you're searching for contacts. You may be able to check your number even if you're using a different device however it's going to be specific to the devices operating system.

If you have no luck with the ideas above, I can check it for you via your account. To do this I'll need you to send me an email with a few more details. I've sent you a private message with my contact details, you can access these by clicking here.

Either way, we can get this number for you!

Thank you,

Bree. 

[EDIT: Clarity]

Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
mealnut

by mealnut Occasional Visitor
Message 9 of 30 (42,542 Views)

I have same problem with my 3g data stick (usb) Not able to recharge as dont have number. Plz help!

Please use plain text.
Help and Support
Bruno

Message 10 of 30 (42,455 Views)

Hi mealnut,

mealnut wrote:

I have same problem with my 3g data stick (usb) Not able to recharge as dont have number. Plz help!

There are a couple of ways you can retrieve the number for your broadband service, so I can definitely help you out.

Have you tried putting the SIM card form your USB modem into a phone and messaging someone as Bree has suggested?  This is a really quick way to find your mobile number. Depending on the handset that you're using, it may even display your number at the top of your contacts list.

If it's easier, I can also get your service number for you by searching for your SIM card serial number. I'll need to get a few specific details to do this, so I've sent you a private message explaining what I'll need. You can get to your private messages by clicking here.

Once I've received your email, I'll be able to get your service number for you right away. If you have any other questions that I can help with in the meantime, please let me know.

Cheers,

-Bruno.

Please use plain text.
Stats
  • 29 Replies
  • 2y ago
  • 0 Kudos
  • 20 Contributors
Announcements
GALAXY S5 - Live blog tonight