Have you used the Vodafone Support site? Tell us what you think

Not sure if I've moved or not?

Frequent Visitor
TheTrent

Not sure if I've moved or not?

by TheTrent Frequent Visitor
Message 1 of 5 (1,201 Views)

I got a call pre-Christmas regarding upgrading my plan and moving on to vodaphone. I agreed to it and today (06/01/2012) I picked up my iphone 4s (upgraded from the iphone 3gs).

I've been waiting throughout the day for the iphone 4s to become active but it still displays no service.

When I was on the phone to the salesman (again pre-Christmas) I was basically told just put the new mini-sim in the iphone 4s and it should automatically change over and stop the old sim card from working.

I don't recall hearing anything about ringing any specific numbers to port my number over or any other things like that? The old iphone still shows a 3 symbol next to the signal bars too.

Is anybody able to tell me if I'm supposed to ring a number or if it's already been done for me? I'm a little confused at the moment.

Please use plain text.
Regular Poster
Reinhardt

Re: Not sure if I've moved or not?

by Regular Poster
Message 2 of 5 (851 Views)
Were you previously with 3? Did you receive any sms regarding reference number and the phone number for the welcome team? If not, call 1300660455, and they will organise the porting.

Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
GeorgeKow

by GeorgeKow Occasional Visitor
Message 3 of 5 (841 Views)
I got promised 1 G data to move to Vodafone. this is the first day and found out that I only got 200 mb. called vodafone, but they cannot do anything.
Posted from Facebook
Please use plain text.
Occasional Poster
RossAdam

by Occasional Poster
Message 4 of 5 (831 Views)
Trent, I ported my number 2 weeks ago and after a dozen attempts to activate the SIM it is still not active!!!!
Posted from Facebook
Please use plain text.
Help and Support
Liz_A

by Help and Support Help and Support
Message 5 of 5 (806 Views)

TheTrent wrote:

I got a call pre-Christmas regarding upgrading my plan and moving on to vodaphone. I agreed to it and today (06/01/2012) I picked up my iphone 4s (upgraded from the iphone 3gs).

I've been waiting throughout the day for the iphone 4s to become active but it still displays no service.

When I was on the phone to the salesman (again pre-Christmas) I was basically told just put the new mini-sim in the iphone 4s and it should automatically change over and stop the old sim card from working.

I don't recall hearing anything about ringing any specific numbers to port my number over or any other things like that? The old iphone still shows a 3 symbol next to the signal bars too.

Is anybody able to tell me if I'm supposed to ring a number or if it's already been done for me? I'm a little confused at the moment.

Hi TheTrent,

Reinhardt is correct in the information he has provided -Thank you! 

Have you now been transferred onto Vodafone? Please let me know if not and I can get this organised for you.

Though Vodafone and 3 have joined as VHA, a transfer is still required to get your services activated with us.

The Welcome Team on the number provided above will be able to assist you with this.

Please let me know if you have any further queries and enjoy Vodafone :smileyhappy:

Cheers,

Liz

Please use plain text.
Stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 2y ago
  • 0 Kudos
  • 5 Contributors
Announcements
Want to talk about what's next for Android? This is the thread for you