I have been trying to move from 3 to Vodafone since October!

Regular Visitor
ideaswoman

I have been trying to move from 3 to Vodafone since October!

by ideaswoman Regular Visitor
Message 1 of 10 (1,609 Views)

This is my 3rd attempt to move from 3 to Vodafone before the next billing period commences.

iPhone 4 under contract with 3 was unlocked approx. 26 days ago.

In Oct I tried transferring via your online service without success.

In Nov I rang support to get them to do it for me; told it would take 48hrs but it never went through.

On 14 Dec, this time I went to a store to get them to do it. After waiting 30 minutes in store with sales person on phone to Vodafone, was told it will take 48 hours.

Today Dec 16, thought I would try putting in VF sim to see if it would work which it would not. Put back 3 sim and now no dial tone so I cannot ring support to get this sorted out. I do not have a landline to use.

It is a shame that customer support has never tried to follow up problems their end. I have tried using Twiiter and now this forum to get help. My only other alternative is the TIO.

Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
sassycaz

Re: I have been trying to move from 3 to Vodafone since October!

by sassycaz Occasional Visitor
Message 2 of 10 (1,201 Views)

This is similar to the experience I've been having.  I've been to the store three times since mid-November trying to get my handset unlocked and my service switched from 3 to Vodafone; each time I've spent ages in-store and been told by staff it's been done and will take effect in 24-48 hours, but each time it hasn't happened.  Then yesterday I was told my 3 service was going to be suspended as my bill has gone astronomically high over the past few days - I'm always extremely careful and don't go over my cap so I freaked out. I don't have a landline so I had to go call from a phone box and speak with them about it - all I'd done was sync and switch handsets following the instructions they gave me, but they neglected to tell me that could use a large amount of data and it somehow racked up over $1100 on my account ARGH!!!  I was assured they would arrange for my phone NOT to be suspended so I could get all my issues sorted yesterday, but I noticed about an hour later my phone HAD been suspended!  I then had to spend the rest of the afternoon making calls from phone boxes trying to get my phone unsuspended, which they said they couldn't do because they were still trying to port my number from 3 to Vodafone and it would happen within 24-48 hours.  FINALLY at lunchtime today I noticed my old handset had no service, which signified my new handset had been switched - at last!  Strangely, I then noticed that although I was sending texts from my new handset, I was receiving replies to my old handset - what the?!  I seriously don't know what's going on but I don't have time to waste another day waiting in-store or on the phone trying to get this sorted - at least I have a working phone again!  I really hope you get some resolution soon, it is immensely frustrating.  Keep speaking with them as they do try to get things sorted, I think it just takes way longer and it's not as easy or fast as we expect it to be unfortunately.  I always find it better to speak with someone in-store, but I think you sometimes get further if you call Customer Service.  Good luck and I hope it's all sorted ASAP!

Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
sassycaz

by sassycaz Occasional Visitor
Message 3 of 10 (1,200 Views)

Hey, I just re-read your message and I think you should try your Vodafone SIM again - they may have switched you from 3 just as you were switching SIMS.  They told me I'd know when my service had changed because I would see "no service" instead of 3 where the reception indicator is.  You may already have been switched - I'll have my fingers crossed for you!

Please use plain text.
Regular Visitor
ideaswoman

Message 4 of 10 (1,193 Views)

Thank you for your words of support.

I do not get 'no service', I see 'searching'. I have another handset on pre-paid Vodafone so I can receive the network where I am.

I have received a ticket number from Twitter support with an autoreply stating they will get back to me in 24 hours. That is not acceptable seeing this has been ongoing since mid October. I am into my next billing month tomorrow and 3's attitude is you will have to pay for what you use or do not use the phone. Well my phone no longer works so do not bill me for anything 3.... I bet they still will!

Please use plain text.
Help and Support
James

by Help and Support Help and Support
Message 5 of 10 (1,135 Views)

Hi ideaswoman,

ideaswoman wrote:

Thank you for your words of support.

I do not get 'no service', I see 'searching'. I have another handset on pre-paid Vodafone so I can receive the network where I am.

I have received a ticket number from Twitter support with an autoreply stating they will get back to me in 24 hours. That is not acceptable seeing this has been ongoing since mid October. I am into my next billing month tomorrow and 3's attitude is you will have to pay for what you use or do not use the phone. Well my phone no longer works so do not bill me for anything 3.... I bet they still will!

It certainly should not take 3 attempts to be migrated across to Vodafone, we want the process of moving from 3 to Vodafone to be as smooth and as enjoyable as possible.

If you can supply me with the code you were given by our Twitter support team, I will be able to locate your email and provide immediate support for you. 

I look forward to your response. 

James. 

Please use plain text.
Help and Support
James

Message 6 of 10 (1,127 Views)

Hi sassycaz,

I'm sorry to hear about the difficulties you have faced migrating across, as well as your bill and your messages going to your other handset. 

I would like to bring this conversation private and take a look at all these issues for you, so I can get them solved and provide you with a great customer experience. For me to do that, I will send you a PM with instructions on how to send your information through, and you can access your PM's by clicking this link.

I look forward to your speaking with you again.

Kind Regards,

James. 

Please use plain text.
Regular Visitor
timc91

by timc91 Regular Visitor
Message 7 of 10 (1,122 Views)

JAMES, 

I started my transfer in early november. I have waited more then a month for my iphone to finally arrive to me, and now been waiting almost a week for my number to port accross? 

Can you please tell us why you are lying.

Why do you guys email us all to chang over and then the network cannot handle it.

is it not a surpirse?

Can you please contact me in regards to this as it is not on.

Thanks, it would be the least you guys could do

Please use plain text.
Regular Visitor
ideaswoman

Message 8 of 10 (1,087 Views)

123TJCPI - autoreply said allow 24 hours for a reply...... that was three days ago

Please use plain text.
Help and Support
Jess

Message 9 of 10 (1,075 Views)

timc91 wrote:

JAMES, 

I started my transfer in early november. I have waited more then a month for my iphone to finally arrive to me, and now been waiting almost a week for my number to port accross? 

Can you please tell us why you are lying.

Why do you guys email us all to chang over and then the network cannot handle it.

is it not a surpirse?

Can you please contact me in regards to this as it is not on.

Thanks, it would be the least you guys could do

Hi timc91, 

I would like to take a look into your port and see what has occurred and what I can do to resolve this for you.

I’ve sent you a PM with our contact information. Please click on this link to access your Private Messages. Also note that we cannot provide support via PM.

Once I receive your email I will be able to take a closer look into what has occurred and hopefully get the resolved ASAP. 

Jess  

Please use plain text.
Help and Support
Jess

Message 10 of 10 (1,074 Views)

ideaswoman wrote:

123TJCPI - autoreply said allow 24 hours for a reply...... that was three days ago

Hi ideaswoman, 

I have just sent you an email regarding our conversation on the phone earlier. 
I hope to have this resolved as quickly as possible for you. 

My apologies for the time taken to get this fixed for you

Jess  

Please use plain text.
Stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 2y ago
  • 0 Kudos
  • 5 Contributors
Announcements
#challenge930 - Putting the Lumia 930 through it's paces
Switch to mobile
Using a smaller screen?