Where's your order?

Track your order

Enter the tracking number from your order receipt to see its status. Find out more about order tracking & delivery.

Terms and conditions

iphone5 unlock

Visitor
emily_ting311

iphone5 unlock

by emily_ting311 Visitor
Message 1 of 6 (1,044 Views)

hi,

i get my iphone5 in vodafone. I am going to unlock my iphone5 so that i can use it in hong kong.

i am in Hong Kong now so that i can't call the support center. 

i asked about how to unlock my phone when i was in Australia.

The staff told me that i have to use a different SIM card and then connect the itunes so i can unlock it.

when i have a different sim card and connect the itunes and restore my phone. 

It doesn't work as well.....

what the process of unlock my phone...

Thanks

Please use plain text.
Allan

Re: iphone5 unlock

by Moderator Moderator
Message 2 of 6 (1,043 Views)

Hi Emily

Bruno has posted a guide to unlocking your handset here:

http://community.vodafone.com.au/t5/Android-Phones-and-Tablets/Want-to-unlock-your-handset-Here-s-wh...

You may find the answers in that post

Regards

Allan

Community Guidelines

Please use plain text.
Help and Support
Bruno

[ Edited ]
by Help and Support Help and Support
Message 3 of 6 (1,011 Views)

Hi emily_ting311,

emily_ting311 wrote:

i get my iphone5 in vodafone. I am going to unlock my iphone5 so that i can use it in hong kong.

i am in Hong Kong now so that i can't call the support center. 

i asked about how to unlock my phone when i was in Australia.

The staff told me that i have to use a different SIM card and then connect the itunes so i can unlock it.

when i have a different sim card and connect the itunes and restore my phone. 

It doesn't work as well.....

what the process of unlock my phone...

Being overseas already, I can understand that this is an urgent matter for you so I want to make sure that we get your phone unlocked as quickly as possible.

It looks like you've been given some incorrect information when trying to unlock your iPhone. Unlike other handsets, you need to use your Vodafone sim card to unlock an iPhone.

Unlocking your iPhone form overseas is slightly different to the normal unlocking process, the good new, is that I can definitely help you get your phone unlocked quickly and easily.

To unlock your iPhone 5 from Hong Kong, you will need to use a Vodafone Australia nano SIM and you will have to make sure that international roaming is active on that particular SIM card. 

Once you have the active nano SIM in your phone, simply restore the phone using iTunes (version 7.7 or higher) and the unlocking process will be completed. 

There's a great article on our support page about unlocking your phone and what to do if you come across any issues, you can get to it by clicking here. There is some great information specific to iPhones near the bottom of the page and it's well worth reading.

Please keep me posted on how you go unlocking your handset and if you have any other questions at all, I will be happy to take care of them for you.

Cheers,

-Bruno.

Please use plain text.
Visitor
emily_ting311

by emily_ting311 Visitor
Message 4 of 6 (843 Views)

hi, burno

may i ask how can i active my international roaming in overseas??

As it shown on my mobile, it is no service when i using AU voddafone nano sim card. 

Furthermore, how much i have been charged when i active my international roaming??

thanks

Please use plain text.
Occasional Genius
Junny

by Occasional Genius
Message 5 of 6 (835 Views)
Settings> general > network > data roaming
Please use plain text.
Help and Support
Bree

by Help and Support Help and Support
Message 6 of 6 (808 Views)

Hi Emily,

emily_ting311 wrote:
may i ask how can i active my international roaming in overseas??

As it shown on my mobile, it is no service when i using AU voddafone nano sim card. 

Furthermore, how much I have been charged when i active my international roaming??

I can certainly help you with activating your roaming. There are a couple of ways that you can set up International Roaming, whilst you're overseas.

If you would prefer to set this up through your My Vodafone, all you need to do is go to your My Vodafone > Manage your Settings > and click on set up roaming. It will then give you a step by step guide on how to complete this.

Alternatively, if you're unable to login to your My Vodafone account, I can do this for you. I have sent you a Private Message with my contact details which you can view through this link here.

If you would like to let me know where it is exactly that you're travelling I can absolutely let you know the roaming rates.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Thanks,

Bree

Please use plain text.
Stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 1y ago
  • 0 Kudos
  • 5 Contributors
Announcements
Kudos 101- Don't be shy, hand it out today
Switch to mobile