Looking for an update on your order?
Where's your order?

Track your order

Enter the tracking number from your order receipt to see its status. Find out more about order tracking & delivery.

Terms and conditions

ending contract - do not wish to renew/upgrade

Visitor
ksderbridge

ending contract - do not wish to renew/upgrade

by ksderbridge Visitor
Message 1 of 5 (5,992 Views)

my contract ends 23/10

I will not be renewing my contract after this date.

I do not wish to get an upgrade.

How do I end my service as of this date?

Thanks

Help and Support
Maddie

Re: ending contract - do not wish to renew/upgrade

by Help and Support Help and Support
Message 2 of 5 (5,977 Views)

Hi ksderbridge, 

ksderbridge wrote:

my contract ends 23/10

I will not be renewing my contract after this date.

I do not wish to get an upgrade.

How do I end my service as of this date?

I'll definitely help you with your disconnection query and any other questions, that you may have. 

May I ask, why don't you want to renew your plan with Vodafone or upgrade? 

When your contract is up, you will need to contact care on 1555 from your Vodafone mobile or 1300650410 from any other phone, to have your service cancelled. If you don't do this your contract will automatically transfer to a month to month service and you will continue to be billed. 

Alternatively you can visit your local Vodafone store to complete the disconnection or I can arrange this for you. To locate your nearest store, please click here

If you disconnect prior to your contract end date, you will be required to pay an early exit fee. This is generally calculated by multiplying your minimum monthly spend by the remaining months on your plan. (eg- $29 plan x 10 months remaining = $290) 

I can certainly check and confirm this price, if you like? To do this I'll need you to please email me, as this will allow me to confirm some personal details before accessing your account. 

I've sent you a private message advising how and what information to send through, you can access this message by clicking here.

I would love to see you stay with us and if there's anything I can do to change your mind, please let me know. 

Cheers, 

Maddie 

Occasional Visitor
theethos

by theethos Occasional Visitor
Message 3 of 5 (5,613 Views)

Hi I am in a similar situation, am reaching my end of contract and will not be renewing vodaphones contract.  Please read and answer the following question/s accurately..

1.)  At the immediate end of my contract, I do not wish to renew Vodaphones contract (i.e so I do not want to be charged), can I keep my number ?  I would like to have a couple months, so I can reconsider if I would like to return to Vodaphone, without having my number cancelled.. It's highly important to me that I keep my number and not lose it.  

Thanks,

Occasional Genius
Junny

by Occasional Genius
Message 4 of 5 (5,609 Views)
Theethos, port your number to a prepaid sim then you can keep it for how ever long you wish without paying a monthly fee.
Help and Support
Kirsty

by Help and Support Help and Support
Message 5 of 5 (5,584 Views)

Hi theethos,

theethos wrote:

At the immediate end of my contract, I do not wish to renew Vodaphones contract (i.e so I do not want to be charged), can I keep my number ? 

I can definitely appreciate it's important for you to keep your number and not lose it when your contract ends. As Junny has mentioned (thanks Junny!) you can do this by transferring your number to prepay - this will keep your number active, and you'll be able to return to a plan if you like in a few months.

Transferring to prepay is a really easy process - you'll even keep your same SIM card. You're able to read more about transferring your number to prepay, including what to expect during the transfer process, on our website here. You're able to transfer your number by calling 1555 from your Vodafone mobile, 1300 650 410 from another phone, or if you'd rather keep this online, I can do it for you.

We can't share your personal information here in the Community, so I've sent you a Private Message (PM) with my email address, and the info I'll need to help - you can access your PMs by clicking on the envelope icon in the top right of your screen, or here.

You've mentioned you'd like to keep your number active for a couple of months, and not pay your monthly access fees. There's no charge to transfer your number to prepay, and once the transfer is processed  you'll be able to receive calls though you won't be able to make calls unless you recharge the service.

Will you need to make calls while your number is on prepay? If you only need to keep the number active and make a few calls, our 365 day recharge here could be the best recharge for you as your credit will stay active for 365 days once you recharge. You can read all our recharge options on our website here.

Once you transfer your service to prepay, your existing My Vodafone account will be closed. As this means you won't be able to pick your final bill using My Vodafone it's a good idea to set up email bill in My Vodafone before you transfer your number. You can set up email bill by following the instructions here.

If you have any questions about setting up email bill, or transferring your number to prepay, please let me know.

Thanks,

Kirsty.

Stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 2y ago
  • 0 Kudos
  • 5 Contributors
Announcements
Kudos 101- Don't be shy, hand it out today
Switch to mobile
Using a smaller screen?