Have you used the Vodafone Support site? Tell us what you think

credit checks?

Visitor
ismellcatfish

credit checks?

by ismellcatfish Visitor
Message 1 of 6 (1,607 Views)

Hi,

My name is Sam, and I am currently not a vodafone user but I am wishing to become one. I got my account number from Telstra because I want to keep my current mobile number, but was informed that because I am currently not working at the moment I wouldn't pass the credit check thus not be able to start a plan with Vodafone (no matter how can afford the plan terms and conditions) so I guess I want to know is this completely true, if not how do I go about starting a contract?

Sam. 

Please use plain text.
Occasional Poster
Sparks

Re: credit checks?

by Occasional Poster
Message 2 of 6 (1,519 Views)

Hey Sam

That's not necessarily true. Are you a student or pensioner?

Please use plain text.
Visitor
ismellcatfish

by ismellcatfish Visitor
Message 3 of 6 (1,507 Views)

Alas no, I have centrelink newstart at the moment.. I had full time work when I started my plan with Telstra but now I am currently between jobs?

is there anything I can do? 

Please use plain text.
Help and Support
Alana

by Help and Support Help and Support
Message 4 of 6 (1,483 Views)

ismellcatfish wrote:

Hi,

My name is Sam, and I am currently not a vodafone user but I am wishing to become one. I got my account number from Telstra because I want to keep my current mobile number, but was informed that because I am currently not working at the moment I wouldn't pass the credit check thus not be able to start a plan with Vodafone (no matter how can afford the plan terms and conditions) so I guess I want to know is this completely true, if not how do I go about starting a contract?

Sam. 

Hi ismellcatfish,

I don't know the credit criteria however as part of the process we will take info on your current employment and residential status.

I do recommend that you apply.  If you aren't successful with your application this time, you can certainly reapply again in the future.

Thanks

Alana.

Please use plain text.
Visitor
ismellcatfish

by ismellcatfish Visitor
Message 5 of 6 (1,430 Views)

ok all that said, lets say that I do Apply and am un successful with my application .. then what? Is there a way to get approved without being employed?

Please use plain text.
Help and Support
Gemma

by Help and Support Help and Support
Message 6 of 6 (1,421 Views)

ismellcatfish wrote:

ok all that said, lets say that I do Apply and am un successful with my application .. then what? Is there a way to get approved without being employed?

·      

Hi ismellcatfish, 

Thanks for your reply.  I'm unable to advise in advance if a credit check will be successful or not, as no single criteria is used to confirm credit eligibility. Unfortunately credit assessment is final and the details are not available for discussion.

If unsuccessful in your application you can consider purchasing a device outright to be used with one of our prepaid caps or plans. You can view our current prepaid offers on our website here

Thanks, 
Gemma  

Help and Support

"Give a girl the right shoes, and she can conquer the world."

Community Guidelines  Troubleshooting Guide

Please use plain text.
Stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 3y ago
  • 0 Kudos
  • 4 Contributors
Announcements