Upgrade to a new phone

Occasional Poster
swapzero

Upgrade to a new phone

by Occasional Poster
Message 1 of 7 (2,327 Views)

I have recently finished 12 months out of a 24 month contract and would like an upgrade to a new phone. The current phone has recently gone from bad to worse in terms of network coverage and data connection, It is highly likley that this is a network issue with Vodafone, but I have no patience to talk to Vodafone over the phone anymore.

Is it possible to get an upgrade to a new phone?

Please use plain text.
Help and Support
Dave

Re: Upgrade to a new phone

by Help and Support Help and Support
Message 2 of 7 (2,170 Views)

Hi swapzero,

Glad to see you are looking to renew with us, have you spoke with our upgrade team at all?  With only half of your contract length complete, you are able to upgrade but you would be looking at an early upgrade fee to do so.  

Have you had your network issue investigated at all? Have you complete any troubleshooting on the matter? I suggest having a read or our recommended troubleshooting steps here.

Thanks
Dave.

Please use plain text.
Occasional Poster
swapzero

by Occasional Poster
Message 3 of 7 (2,165 Views)

Hi Dave,

I spoke to someone a few weeks back in regards to the network issues and ironically, the call dropped because of no network coverage when I moved to another room in my house.

I didn't bother calling back because it had already taken me 20 minutes to get through the first time.

I'll try what you've mentioned in your post about troubleshooting, but call me a cynic, I don't think any of this will work until the network is improved drastically.

As for my upgrade, I've learnt my lesson. I don't want to pay an exit fee for no fault of mine with regards to the phone and as soon as my contract is over, I'll leave the network and go with someone that can at least provide a good consistent service.

Swap

Please use plain text.
Help and Support
Dave

Message 4 of 7 (2,150 Views)

Hi swapzero,

It would be great if you could let me know how the troubleshooting goes!

I can understand the reluctance to pay an upgrade fee, an upgrade to a new phone may not be the solution to your problems.

This troubleshooting will allows us to better understand your issues and pinpoint what resolution is needed.

Regards
Dave.

Please use plain text.
Occasional Poster
swapzero

[ Edited ]
by Occasional Poster
Message 5 of 7 (1,790 Views)

Dave,

Further to speaking to troubleshooting team, I have done the following:

a. Changed network settings from auto to manual
Result: Coverage improved by about 5-8%

b. Did a factory reset of settings on the phone
Result: Phone performance and coverage improved marginally by about 20%.

However, there are still areas where network coverage is extremely poor.

I was also told there would be major improvements to the network in my area in the next
2-3 months.
Yet, I will still pay the same amount every month regardless of the quality of service I receive.
How is that fair?

Swapnil

Please use plain text.
Help and Support
Jemma

Message 6 of 7 (1,773 Views)

swapzero wrote:

Dave,

Further to speaking to troubleshooting team, I have done the following:

a. Changed network settings from auto to manual
Result: Coverage improved by about 5-8%

b. Did a factory reset of settings on the phone
Result: Phone performance and coverage improved marginally by about 20%.

However, there are still areas where network coverage is extremely poor.

I was also told there would be major improvements to the network in my area in the next
2-3 months.
Yet, I will still pay the same amount every month regardless of the quality of service I receive.
How is that fair?

Swapnil

Hi Swapnil,

Thanks for updating us on how you went with the troubleshooting.  I would like to look into this further for you.  What type of phone are you currently using?  What suburbs are you experiencing network issues in?  How long have you been having these issues for?

Thanks

Jemma

Please use plain text.
Occasional Poster
swapzero

by Occasional Poster
Message 7 of 7 (1,697 Views)

Jemma,

Only just saw your reply. I sign into the Vodafone community once in a while to check what others are saying about the network, contract etc.
I've just lodged an online complaint with TIO regarding this issue, because instead of being a bit proactive, Vodafone chose to stick to community forums for troubleshooting.
How does that work? Don't Vodafone have my mobile number? Can't they simply call a customer to check what their issue is?

Anyways, I doubt you could do anything further than what Vodafone customer service has done over the last few months. Sympathise. Which I don't think is any useful.

As for answering your questions:
a. I have a Nokia E72.
b. Suburbs - Wyndham Vale, Werribee, Hoppers Crossing, Ringwood, Melbourne and just about everywhere on the freeways.
c. Having network issues for the last 2-3 months.

Swapnil

Please use plain text.
Stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 2y ago
  • 0 Kudos
  • 3 Contributors
Announcements
GALAXY S5 - Live blog tonight