Where's your order?

Track your order

Enter the tracking number from your order receipt to see its status. Find out more about order tracking & delivery.

Terms and conditions

Unknown charge - Early Upgrade Fee

Occasional Poster
sonu1111
Accepted Solution

Unknown charge - Early Upgrade Fee

by Occasional Poster
Message 1 of 4 (2,472 Views)

Hi

1> I am writing this message after being kept on hold on 1555 (Vodafone Care) for 31+ miss.

2> I received my vodafone bill yesterday, and when I was going through this bill, I saw there is a new kind of charge EARLY

UPGRADE FEE. Before upgrading to new plan and phone, I was told by vodafone rep that all I need to pay is $140 which I agreed upon. Vodafone rep left a message in system so that whenever I will go to vodafone store, they can read the message and upgrade my plan and handset. Now after 1 month, I am receiving vodafone bill with MPP charge - $140 (which is fair) but EARLY UPGRADE FEE $35 (which is not fair).

These charges are nowhere mentioned on your website (not in your terms and condition pdf file).

Can anyone please look into this. I will provide my account details when required.

Please use plain text.
Help and Support
Nick

Re: Unknown charge - Early Upgrade Fee

[ Edited ]
by Help and Support Help and Support
Message 2 of 4 (2,342 Views)

Hi sonu1111,

Sounds like you're having a tough time getting this sorted out over the phone. I'm happy to help you here on the Community.

sonu1111 wrote:

I received my vodafone bill yesterday, and when I was going through this bill, I saw there is a new kind of charge EARLY UPGRADE FEE. 

Upgrading prior to the end of your contract is similar to cancelling your exiting contract and starting a new contract, in order to get a newer phone or better deal. Cancelling your contract before the end would result in an Early Exit Fee, which amounts to the monthly cost of your plan multiplied by the number of months you have remaining on your account.

Upgrading prior to the end of your plan would result in the same fee, however we list this as an Early Upgrade Fee on your account as you aren't actually cancelling. An Early Upgrade Fee is not a set $35 fee and varies depending on the number of months you have remaining on your contract when you upgrade. Does that make sense?

I am happy to honour anything you have been offered, so as you've mentioned that you were advised that it would only cost $140 to upgrade, I'd like to take a look at the notes on your account and see what's gone on. To help me do this, are you able to forward me some details via email?

I will send you a PM with my email address, which you can access by following the link here. Once I've got your details I'll be able to check out the notes on your account and see what's gone on.

Cheers,

Nick

[EDIT: Formatting]

Please use plain text.
Occasional Poster
sonu1111

by Occasional Poster
Message 3 of 4 (2,332 Views)

Hi Nick,

Well I called Customer Care again yesterday and explained them my problem. They checked messages left by sales rep in my account and They credited $35 straight in the account. Pretty happy with quick response from customer care.

As per your explanation, Upgrading has same fee as cancellation but Early Upgrade attracts fee which is EARLY UPGRADE FEE and this is not fixed as well.

I am on $49 cap + paying $25 towards my handset which equates to $74. This new contract started 21st Last month. Suppose if I am chasing after Samsung Galaxy Note, as an upgrade, How much do I have to pay. MPP at the moment in my account is $250.

Can I upgrade my handset?

Please use plain text.
Help and Support
Bruno

by Help and Support Help and Support
Message 4 of 4 (2,287 Views)

Hi sonu1111,

It's great to hear that our Customer Care team sorted out that charge for you. 

I know just what it's like to always want the best new phones, so I can definitely help you out with your questions.

sonu1111 wrote:

I am on $49 cap + paying $25 towards my handset which equates to $74. This new contract started 21st Last month. Suppose if I am chasing after Samsung Galaxy Note, as an upgrade, How much do I have to pay.

What handset do you currently have on your $49 plan?

If you're currently on a $49 plan with an MPP of $25 per month for your current handset, you would need to pay out the existing MPP before starting a new one for the Galaxy Note. The payout figure for your current handset is your monthly MPP charge ($25) multiplied by the number of installments you have remaining. 

You can check how many months are remaining on your current MPP using My Vodafone online or via the App for Android and iPhone.

sonu1111 wrote:

Can I upgrade my handset?

Yes, you can upgrade your handset any time you want.

Taking an MPP for the Galaxy Note will split the outright purchase price of the phone over 6,12,18 or 24 months (whichever you prefer) and charge it on top of your $49. 

If you email me the information that Nick has requested in the private message that he sent you, I can then arrange for a member of our Upgrades Team to call you with some more specific information about upgrading to the Galaxy Note.

Cheers,

-Bruno.

Please use plain text.
Stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 2y ago
  • 0 Kudos
  • 3 Contributors
Announcements
#challenge930 - Putting the Lumia 930 through it's paces