Have you used the Vodafone Support site? Tell us what you think

URGENT - Billing issue

Occasional Tagger
charlottelouisa

URGENT - Billing issue

by charlottelouisa Occasional Tagger
Message 1 of 22 (2,267 Views)

I'm on a $29 cap and recently upgraded from my Nokia e72 to an iphone 4.  With my Nokia e72 I hardly ever went over my cap and when I did it was only by a couple of dollars.  I used facebook and twitter on this phone regularly.  I went into the Vodafone store in order to make this upgrade and when I got given my iphone the sales assistant had to rush the whole process because the store was very busy and was understaffed.  Therefore she gave me no rundown of what to expect with the phone or the terms and conditions.  When I got home I downloaded the facebook and twitter apps thinking that i was doing it through my wifi but I mustn't have because 2 days later when I checked my account balance it said that the excl amount was $414.  I was completely in shock and checked my usage online and apparently I had spent approximately $329 within the first 5 minutes of receiving my phone from the shop (I say approximately because vodafone won't let me sign in to 'my vodafone' so I can't check the breakdown of it - very  frustrating.) I then phoned vodafone customer care.  The man on the line could not understand English very well and I spent an excruciating hour trying to tell him what my problem was and if he could look into it.  Finally after not answering any of my questions he said that he would apply a $100 credit to my bill but I recently got my bill and the $100 credit has not been applied.
I would very much appreciate if somebody looked into this for me because I do not understand, and neither does anyone else I've spoken to, how I managed to spend $470 dollars (final amount).  It just does not seem right and I find it unacceptable if vodafone is going to charge me the full amount.
I would really appreciate if this matter was resolved and if it isn't resolved to my expectations than I will not ever be returning to vodafone again because apart from this billing debacle vodafone have offered pretty poor service over the past couple of months.
Really hoping someone here can help me.
Regards,
Charlotte 

Please use plain text.
Occasional Poster
JET7

Re: URGENT - Billing issue

by Occasional Poster
Message 2 of 22 (2,170 Views)

Hi Charlotte

Sorry ot jump on your bandwagon here but i've had a very similar issue which no one at Vodafone can seem to explain to me so hopefully anyone looking at your issue can solve mine too!

Long story short - for the last 18 months or so my average monthly bill is $90 (i'm on a $79 Business Plan) - last month my bill jumped to over $300 and as far as i'm aware I haven't done anything different to my usual phone usage. After speaking with client services (which I gather are off shore) the only clarification I could get was that 'I'd exceeded my plan limit' but nothing more specific than that.  This month has come in at $179 an again I haven't done anything differently - what makes this more bewildering is that on the Friday my account was at $107, by Sunday it was $168 - I then turned my phone off for 2 hours and when I turned it on again it was $179????

My issues are two fold

1) Why can't Vodafone tell you when you've exceeded your limit (I gather TIO and ACMA are looking to have this enforced)

2) Why can't anyone tell me what it was that my phone was doing to download so much?? Can't they see my last two month's are hugely out of synch with my normal bills?  Until anyone can tell me I'm disputing this and looking to get last month's bill investigated further

I've just changed my plan and phone with Vodafone but it's all staying in the box  ready to be returned until this is sorted out ....

Sorry - not as short a story as initially planned but this makes me irate

Any insight or help appreciated

Jason

Please use plain text.
Help and Support
Kate

by Help and Support Help and Support
Message 3 of 22 (2,149 Views)

charlottelouisa wrote:

I'm on a $29 cap and recently upgraded from my Nokia e72 to an iphone 4.  With my Nokia e72 I hardly ever went over my cap and when I did it was only by a couple of dollars.  I used facebook and twitter on this phone regularly.  I went into the Vodafone store in order to make this upgrade and when I got given my iphone the sales assistant had to rush the whole process because the store was very busy and was understaffed.  Therefore she gave me no rundown of what to expect with the phone or the terms and conditions.  When I got home I downloaded the facebook and twitter apps thinking that i was doing it through my wifi but I mustn't have because 2 days later when I checked my account balance it said that the excl amount was $414.  I was completely in shock and checked my usage online and apparently I had spent approximately $329 within the first 5 minutes of receiving my phone from the shop (I say approximately because vodafone won't let me sign in to 'my vodafone' so I can't check the breakdown of it - very  frustrating.) I then phoned vodafone customer care.  The man on the line could not understand English very well and I spent an excruciating hour trying to tell him what my problem was and if he could look into it.  Finally after not answering any of my questions he said that he would apply a $100 credit to my bill but I recently got my bill and the $100 credit has not been applied.
I would very much appreciate if somebody looked into this for me because I do not understand, and neither does anyone else I've spoken to, how I managed to spend $470 dollars (final amount).  It just does not seem right and I find it unacceptable if vodafone is going to charge me the full amount.
I would really appreciate if this matter was resolved and if it isn't resolved to my expectations than I will not ever be returning to vodafone again because apart from this billing debacle vodafone have offered pretty poor service over the past couple of months.
Really hoping someone here can help me.
Regards,
Charlotte 

Hi Charlotte,

I am sorry to hear of your bad experience after receiving your iPhone. I am more than happy to look into this for you and see what can be done to help you. 

I will need to get some account details from you to enable me to view your personal information-so I can do this I’ve sent you a private message which contains our contact information. Please click on this link to access your Private Messages. Please note that we cannot provide support via PM, we only use this facility to provide contact details.

Once I receive your email I will assess your situation and look at options for you.

Data charges can be very high if you are unfamiliar with how they work and which handset features etc use high amounts of data-but if your plan is set up correctly to suit your needs and you are familiar with your device then data use and related bills need not be scary or worrying.

We will look at your particular circumstances more closely but if your plans data allowance is not high enough for your needs you may want to consider adding a data pack to your plan to avoid similar data charges in future.

Data packs can be added and removed month to month as you need them, or if you chose to get a pack for a 12 month period (membership pack) you receive double the data for half the price. For more info on data packs visit our website here.

Look forward to your email,

Kate  

Please use plain text.
Help and Support
Kate

Message 4 of 22 (2,146 Views)

JET7 wrote:

Hi Charlotte

Sorry ot jump on your bandwagon here but i've had a very similar issue which no one at Vodafone can seem to explain to me so hopefully anyone looking at your issue can solve mine too!

Long story short - for the last 18 months or so my average monthly bill is $90 (i'm on a $79 Business Plan) - last month my bill jumped to over $300 and as far as i'm aware I haven't done anything different to my usual phone usage. After speaking with client services (which I gather are off shore) the only clarification I could get was that 'I'd exceeded my plan limit' but nothing more specific than that.  This month has come in at $179 an again I haven't done anything differently - what makes this more bewildering is that on the Friday my account was at $107, by Sunday it was $168 - I then turned my phone off for 2 hours and when I turned it on again it was $179????

My issues are two fold

1) Why can't Vodafone tell you when you've exceeded your limit (I gather TIO and ACMA are looking to have this enforced)

2) Why can't anyone tell me what it was that my phone was doing to download so much?? Can't they see my last two month's are hugely out of synch with my normal bills?  Until anyone can tell me I'm disputing this and looking to get last month's bill investigated further

I've just changed my plan and phone with Vodafone but it's all staying in the box  ready to be returned until this is sorted out ....

Sorry - not as short a story as initially planned but this makes me irate

Any insight or help appreciated

Jason

Hi Jason,

Sorry to hear that you have been having some issues with your recent bills. I am very happy to look into this for you and see what we can find out about the charges. I would like to get a bit more information from about this issue, which will help me isolate the cause of the abnormal bills.

On the recent high invoices can you tell me what the extra charges are listed as? Are they usage related, or are there unexpected fees or charges?

How long have you been on the $79 Business Plan, and have you had any value packs added or removed on the account recently?

What type of phone have you been using with the plan, and if you use data on your handset which data services do you use most often?

Thanks,

Kate 

Please use plain text.
Occasional Tagger
charlottelouisa

by charlottelouisa Occasional Tagger
Message 5 of 22 (2,140 Views)

Thank you for responding.  I have sent out an email and hope to get a reply soon.

Please use plain text.
Occasional Poster
JET7

by Occasional Poster
Message 6 of 22 (2,127 Views)

Hi Kate

Thank you for the prompt reply. Do you have an email address I can send you the information?

Thanks again

Jason

Please use plain text.
Help and Support
Kate

Message 7 of 22 (2,122 Views)

JET7 wrote:

Hi Kate

Thank you for the prompt reply. Do you have an email address I can send you the information?

Thanks again

Jason

Hi Jason,

I would like to get some general information about your issue and then I will send an email code to you so I can view your account.

Can you let me know how you went  with my previous questions?

Cheers,

Kate 

Please use plain text.
Occasional Poster
JET7

by Occasional Poster
Message 8 of 22 (2,085 Views)

Hi Kate

In response to your earlier questions:

I've been on the $79 plan for approx 18 months. I have insurance and my average monthly bill is $90.

My bill for may was $353. Apparently I went over my monthly Internet allowance - in two day's my internet charge was over $200. The thing that I can't comprehend is that I don't use my phone internet for anything different so I have no idea what has happened to trigger this. (FYI I have an IPhone 3 )

If someone could tell me what sites or actions 

The problem has run over into my June bill where again I've apparently exceeded my internet usage and again, I'm doing nothing differently (as far as I'm aware)

My June bill has also been messed up due to me taking up a 'plan upgrade' offer which has just been a farce but that's another story/issue that i'm trying to resolve.

Basically I need to know why my internet usage is so high if I'm only using it for the same purposes as I have done for the last 18 months - I'm now reluctant to even use the internet on my phone which defeats the entire purpose of having it.

Can you help me?

Many Thanks

Jason

Please use plain text.
Help and Support
Jess

Message 9 of 22 (2,064 Views)

JET7 wrote:

Hi Kate

In response to your earlier questions:

I've been on the $79 plan for approx 18 months. I have insurance and my average monthly bill is $90.

My bill for may was $353. Apparently I went over my monthly Internet allowance - in two day's my internet charge was over $200. The thing that I can't comprehend is that I don't use my phone internet for anything different so I have no idea what has happened to trigger this. (FYI I have an IPhone 3 )

If someone could tell me what sites or actions 

The problem has run over into my June bill where again I've apparently exceeded my internet usage and again, I'm doing nothing differently (as far as I'm aware)

My June bill has also been messed up due to me taking up a 'plan upgrade' offer which has just been a farce but that's another story/issue that i'm trying to resolve.

Basically I need to know why my internet usage is so high if I'm only using it for the same purposes as I have done for the last 18 months - I'm now reluctant to even use the internet on my phone which defeats the entire purpose of having it.

Can you help me?

Many Thanks

Jason

Hi Jason, 

We can certainly help with that, when you say an iPhone 3 can i confirm it is a 3 not a 3G S and can you also tell me what software version the phone is currently running. 

This can be found in Settings - General - About. 

Thanks 
Jess  

Please use plain text.
Occasional Poster
JET7

by Occasional Poster
Message 10 of 22 (2,058 Views)

Hi Jess

It is a 3 GS  (I think  - white 16gb - less than 2 yrs old)and the software version is 4.3.3. FYI - i keep 'notifications' off

Thanks

Jason

Please use plain text.
Stats
  • 21 Replies
  • 3y ago
  • 1 Kudo
  • 10 Contributors
Announcements
What's happening with Windows Phone? These guys will let you know...