Looking for an update on your order?
Where's your order?

Track your order

Enter the tracking number from your order receipt to see its status. Find out more about order tracking & delivery.

Terms and conditions

Port my existing number to new plan

sadeghalavi

Port my existing number to new plan

[ Edited ]
by sadeghalavi Member
Message 1 of 2 (88 Views)

Hello guys,

Currently I'm on a 24-months plan which will be finished on next week. Also, I've applied for a new plan and new handset online and still waiting to receive it on next week.

Now I want to post my existing number on the existing plan to the new one, when I received it and cancel the current plan.

My question is: How can I port my number to the new plan and cancel/discontinue on the existing plan? What will I receive with my new handset on my new plan? a new number? or just a not-active SIM? Can I call your centre and ask them to port my number onto my new plan and this will automatically cause my account/service to be disconnected as soon as it becomes active on new plan?

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Help and Support
Bruno

Re: Port my existing number to new plan

[ Edited ]
by Help and Support Help and Support
Message 2 of 2 (66 Views)

Hi sadeghalavi,

sadeghalavi wrote: 

Currently I'm on a 24-months plan which will be finished on next week. Also, I've applied for a new plan and new handset online and still waiting to receive it on next week. Now I want to post my existing number on the existing plan to the new one, when I received it and cancel the current plan. My question is: How can I port my number to the new plan and cancel/discontinue on the existing plan? 

Normally, the answer to your question would be that it's not able to be done. 

Mainly this is because we're not able to move an active number onto another service and when you disconnect your current service, the number you want to keep will automatically be placed into quarantine so that it can't be re-allocated. Once a number is put into quarantine, it can only be assigned back to the original account it was cancelled from as well.

That said, we'd really like to take a closer look at this and see if there is anything we can do to help out. I've sent you a private message so that we can grab a few details and check it out for you. You can get to your private message here

While we can't promise we'll be able to do it for you, if you email us with the code I've sent you, we'll do everything we can to help.

Stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 1y ago
  • 0 Kudos
  • 2 Contributors
Announcements
Kudos 101- Don't be shy, hand it out today
Switch to mobile
Using a smaller screen?