Where's your order?

Track your order

Enter the tracking number from your order receipt to see its status. Find out more about order tracking & delivery.

Terms and conditions

Overcharged!!!!

Visitor
AliceTam
Accepted Solution

Overcharged!!!!

[ Edited ]
by AliceTam Visitor
Message 1 of 7 (1,525 Views)

Hello,
I signed the contract($35 plan) on 1st Oct, and the bill cycle ends at 12th
 I found out that vodafone has charged me twice for the cycle start from 13 Oct to 12 Nov

Can I get refund for the charge??

the first time I pay the bill, it charged me $48.98 for the first two bill cycle
 and the second time it charged me $35.98 for the second bill cycle

Alice

Please use plain text.
Help and Support
Bruno

Re: Overcharged!!!!

by Help and Support Help and Support
Message 2 of 7 (1,464 Views)

AliceTam wrote:

Hello,
I signed the contract($35 plan) on 1st Oct, and the bill cycle ends at 12th
 I found out that vodafone has charged me twice for the cycle start from 13 Oct to 12 Nov

Can I get refund for the charge??

the first time I pay the bill, it charged me $48.98 for the first two bill cycle
 and the second time it charged me $35.98 for the second bill cycle

Alice

Hi Alice,

I can certainly understand your concern about the charges on your bill, and I can help explain it for you.

Vodafone charges their monthly access fees in advance, which means that you are always paying for the billing period coming. Your first bill will have a pro rata amount from the date of connection to the end of your first billing cycle, plus one full month in advance. After that, you are being charged a monthly fee for the bill cycle you are about to start.

The second page of your bill will have the date range that the access fee applies for. If both bills have the same date range for the same months, then there has been an error and it can be fixed for you.

I've included a link to our bill explainer to help you check the charges on your bill.

If you have any other questions about your bill, I'd be happy to help you with them.

Cheers,

-Bruno.

Please use plain text.
Visitor
AliceTam

by AliceTam Visitor
Message 3 of 7 (1,444 Views)

It's so confusing that the date range on the first page and the date range in second page is not the same
anyway, thanks for your answer 

Please use plain text.
Visitor
storm100

by storm100 Visitor
Message 4 of 7 (636 Views)

My Blackerberr Service was suspended while I was travelling in Switzerland. When I called Vodafone I was told that the bill has come up to over 500 pounds sterling. I asked what it was for as I did not use my Blackberry and was told that I might have bought something or gambled. I replied that I do not gamble and never buy something with my Blackberry. I only use it for sending and receivig emails. I do not download any attachments. I also asked for a breakdown of the costs. I was told someone would get back to me but that never happened. After my account was debited with more than 5oo GBP  I called again and was told they might waive the charges or some of them and I should go to a Vodafone shop and ask them to delete gaming applications, which are preinstalled and which may cause such high cost. Yesterday I received an email, just one sentence " We are not able to waive any charges. Still I have not received an invoice and I have no idea what the charges are for. I just cannot believe that they get away with it and wonder if anybody has had same experience? If so, I would take Vodafone to court. Please email me, if you have similar experience. I wll pay the legal charges.

Please use plain text.
Allan

by Moderator Moderator
Message 5 of 7 (621 Views)

Hi Storm100

This is the Vodafone Australia forum - from the fact that you were charged Pounds Sterling I suspect you are really looking for the Vodafone UK forum: http://forum.vodafone.co.uk/

Regards

Allan

Community Guidelines

Please use plain text.
ituniy

by ituniy Member
Message 6 of 7 (508 Views)

Could anyone from Vodafone explain me please the bill I received today.

I had my month to month mobile broadband contract cancelled on 24th of June, final bill paid on 20th of August.

Why did I receive today a new bill with the exact double amount of my previously paid final bill? Moreover, it say "Prevoius balance $31.03. What you paid $31.03. Outstanding balance $62.06". Looking forward to hearing from you guys, hopefully for the last time ever.

Please use plain text.
Help and Support
Kirsty

by Help and Support Help and Support
Message 7 of 7 (451 Views)

Hi ituniy,

ituniy wrote:

Why did I receive today a new bill with the exact double amount of my previously paid final bill?

Let's get this sorted! Did your bill for $31.03 say it was in credit? If it was and you paid $31.03, your new bill will be for $62.06, but it will also be a credit.

If it is, we can refund the credit for you. We'll just need to grab some info and we don't want you sharing your personal info here on the Community. I've sent you a Private Message with our email address and the info we'll need to help. You can access the message here, or  by clicking on the envelope icon in the top right of your screen.

Once we receive your email, we'll arrange the refund for you ASAP.

Talk soon,

Please use plain text.
Stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 2y ago
  • 2 Kudos
  • 6 Contributors
Announcements
#challenge930 - Putting the Lumia 930 through it's paces
Switch to mobile
Using a smaller screen?