My iphone 4S just died!!!!!

Occasional Visitor
eleanorinoz

My iphone 4S just died!!!!!

by eleanorinoz Occasional Visitor
Message 1 of 5 (6,309 Views)

i have my iphone 4 s for about 3 weeks and it has been working perfectly. Picked it up from the couch this evening and it wont turn on! it wont even charge. its very frustrating because i am home alone and dont have another phone to call customer care,

any ideas anyone????

Please use plain text.
Problem Solver
Peter

Re: My iphone 4S just died!!!!!

[ Edited ]
by Problem Solver
Message 2 of 5 (6,146 Views)

Hold the POWER and HOME button until the Apple logo comes up. It may take 10 seconds or longer.

iphone 4s

Please use plain text.
Help and Support
Dana

by Help and Support Help and Support
Message 3 of 5 (6,078 Views)

eleanorinoz wrote:

i have my iphone 4 s for about 3 weeks and it has been working perfectly. Picked it up from the couch this evening and it wont turn on! it wont even charge. its very frustrating because i am home alone and dont have another phone to call customer care,

any ideas anyone????

Hi eleanorinoz,

I can understand that you would be shocked that your brand new phone has stopped working.  I certainly wouldn't expect my new iPhone to have died after 3 weeks! :smileysad:

Peter has made a great suggestion (as he normally does, thanks Peter!) in waking up your phone.  Did it help at all?  

If it is still not working my next suggestion would be to pop into one our  stores to see if one of the staff can troubleshoot what the issue may be.  If there is a serious problem there is a 28 days Early Life Failure policy with Apple, which just means that if it the handset does fail within the 28 days it will be replaced under Apple's policy, it will have to be assessed for this to happen though.

Please let me know if you your phone is working or not and I will be happy to investigate how I can get you a working device.

Cheers,

Dana.

Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
Endeavour

by Endeavour Occasional Visitor
Message 4 of 5 (5,777 Views)

I have had my 4s three days. It was OK last night although I noticed the top half seemed quite hot. This morning it was totally dead and would not restart. I found through Google that I could reboot by holding down both buttons for at least 15 seconds but I also found that this is a very common problem and Apple needs to address it. At the moment nobody seems to know if it is a hardware or software problem.

Please use plain text.
Help and Support
Kirsty

by Help and Support Help and Support
Message 5 of 5 (5,755 Views)

Hi Endeavour,

I'm glad you found a way to reboot the phone. It does look like a fabulous phone, if your's is not working as it should, would suggest you try resetting the phone to the factory default (the "plug into iTunes page"), and then restoring it in iTunes. You can reset the phone by following this path Settings > General > Reset > Erase all content and settings

Resetting the phone will erase all data on your phone - so make sure you back it up before you do this! You will then be able to restore the phone in iTunes. You will need a computer with iTunes installed in order to do this.

If your handset is still not working as it should after you've done the restore, I would suggest taking it by a Service Centre (or Apple Genius Bar) for assessment.

You're able to book your handset in online, to save you time once you're at the Service Centre. If you're not close to a Service Centre, any Vodafone store will be able to send it off for you.

If you have any questions about the Service Centre, or the process of having your handset assessed, please post back here.

Thanks,

Kirsty.

Please use plain text.
Stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 2y ago
  • 0 Kudos
  • 5 Contributors
Announcements
GALAXY S5 - Live blog tonight