Massive Bill Shock after Weekend Trip

Frequent Visitor
wildrover

Massive Bill Shock after Weekend Trip

by wildrover Frequent Visitor
Message 1 of 2 (720 Views)

I am in shock after being contacted by Vodafone following a weekend in NZ that I owe $2,727.40 after my 2 day trip. I cannot understand for a second where this figure has come out of. I made a conscious effort NOT to use mobile internet while in NZ to check email or websites on my phone.

I have talked to several people in Billing who have no answers whatsoever for me and have only resulted in my mobile connection being switched off until I make payment. The only concession offered was credit of $300 on my account leaving me with a ridiculous bill of $2,427.40. I am hugely annoyed and angry at Vodafone for having me in this state of shock and holding me to ransom until I pay this huge sum. I repeat that as far as I’m concerned I did not use my mobile internet connection overseas during the 48 hour trip.

I am in shock that I am being treated this way by Vodafone and want to immediately have this resolved and come to an alternative arrangement before I take legal advice upon receiving my bill next week.

Regards.

Please use plain text.
Help and Support
Bree

Re: Massive Bill Shock after Weekend Trip

[ Edited ]
by Help and Support Help and Support
Message 2 of 2 (690 Views)

Hi Wildrover, 

wildrover wrote:

I am in shock after being contacted by Vodafone following a weekend in NZ that I owe $2,727.40 after my 2 day trip. I cannot understand for a second where this figure has come out of. I made a conscious effort NOT to use mobile internet while in NZ to check email or websites on my phone.

I have talked to several people in Billing who have no answers whatsoever for me and have only resulted in my mobile connection being switched off until I make payment. The only concession offered was credit of $300 on my account leaving me with a ridiculous bill of $2,427.40. I am hugely annoyed and angry at Vodafone for having me in this state of shock and holding me to ransom until I pay this huge sum. I repeat that as far as I’m concerned I did not use my mobile internet connection overseas during the 48 hour trip.

I am in shock that I am being treated this way by Vodafone and want to immediately have this resolved and come to an alternative arrangement before I take legal advice upon receiving my bill next week.

I can certainly understand that shock and frustration that you're currently feeling.

It is definitely not a nice experience to have opening a bill and seeing a high unexpected charge.

Before you went to NZ did you have roaming activated on your account? If so did you have a roaming data bundle attached?

Can you please let me know which device you are using also?

I have sent you a private message with my contact details, once I receive an email from you I will be able to look into your account further for you to see what we can do for you.

Thank you,

Bree 

[EDIT: Formatting]

Please use plain text.
Stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 1y ago
  • 0 Kudos
  • 2 Contributors
Announcements
GALAXY S5 - Live blog tonight