Start The Buzz - Big things are coming

High Excess data charge!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Experienced Member
adamzapple

High Excess data charge!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

by adamzapple Experienced Member
Message 1 of 71 (2,661 Views)

Hi,

I usually log in my vodafone once a month for paying my bill, and I were just shocked when I saw the bill yesterday.

Its shows I owe $ 804.30 and extra unbilled usgae cost $587.87 which is way too much! I'm using the 69 cap but I only have to pay about $60 every month.

I have never go over my usuage. Maybe somethine wrong? I called 1555 last night but I just can't understand their indian accent.

I'm a student this is way too much for me and it is not fair!

Please use plain text.
Experienced Member
adamzapple

Re: High Excess data charge!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Message 2 of 71 (2,545 Views)

I also want to know my contract end date!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please use plain text.
Help and Support
Maddie

by Help and Support Help and Support
Message 3 of 71 (2,510 Views)

I usually log in my vodafone once a month for paying my bill, and I were just shocked when I saw the bill yesterday.

Its shows I owe $ 804.30 and extra unbilled usage cost $587.87 which is way too much! I'm using the 69 cap but I only have to pay about $60 every month.

I have never go over my usage. Maybe something wrong? I called 1555 last night but I just can't understand their Indian accent.

Hi Adam,

I can certainly work through this billing query with you and I'm sorry to hear it hasn't been resolved yet.

Throughout the month were you monitoring you usage? You can do this by simply dialling or sending a blank TXT to 1512. This will give you a brief summary of your remaining allowances for the current month, plus the total outstanding account balance.

It would be great if you could let me know, how have you gone over your plan? You will be able to see this on the second page of your bill, as there is an itemised list of charges for the invoice.

I'm sure working together we'll be able to get to the bottom of this.

Thanks,

Maddie

Please use plain text.
Experienced Member
adamzapple

Message 4 of 71 (2,502 Views)

Hi, Maddie,

I were not monitoring my usage since I have never go over my usage and no one told me I can send the TXT to 1512 before I called 1555.

I have gone over about 3 GB (cost $804!!!) and unbilled 2GB(Cost $503.45)! This kind of usuage is just unusally. Why there is no MSM to notice me this bill is over 10 times more than my usual bill?

And also there are lots of problem like overcharge and the signal problem, if I have to pay for those unfair bills, I'm considering to report this to TIO.

Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
ABitGrumpy

by ABitGrumpy Occasional Visitor
Message 5 of 71 (2,480 Views)

Hi Adam,

Try logging on to https://www.myvodafone.com.au , click on View Your Bill, then look at the PDF of your bill.  Under "National Data" it should give you a listing of how much data was used each day.  See if there was a lot used on a few days, or if it was constant through the month.  That might give you some ideas about how the usage happened.

Did you change phones during the month, or reset your phone to default settings?  Maybe install an app that downloads a lot of data (internet radio, TV etc?) or that runs in the background?

I do think that the excess data fee rates are hard to justify!!

Please use plain text.
HL
Occasional Visitor
HL

by HL Occasional Visitor
Message 6 of 71 (2,482 Views)

i have EXACTLY the same problem as you! i am SO sick of these extra charges and NO ONE can tell me why!!!!!!!

Please use plain text.
Help and Support
Charlotte

Message 7 of 71 (2,444 Views)

adamzapple wrote:

I have gone over about 3 GB (cost $804!!!) and unbilled 2GB(Cost $503.45)! This kind of usuage is just unusally. Why there is no MSM to notice me this bill is over 10 times more than my usual bill?

Hi Adamzapple,

I will need a few more details to be able to help you further. What phone are you currently using? The reason I ask is have you downloaded any recent applications within the last month?

Do you often close applications when you're not using them? I'll certainly be able to look into this for you, are you able to let me know how you normally use your internet on your phone?

Please let me know and we can work together to get this sorted.

Thank you,

Charlotte

Please use plain text.
Help and Support
Charlotte

Message 8 of 71 (2,444 Views)

HL wrote:

i have EXACTLY the same problem as you! i am SO sick of these extra charges and NO ONE can tell me why!!!!!!!

Hi HL,

You've come to the right place for help. It sounds like you've got a similar situation, do you also have some excess data charges on your current bill?

So I can better understand your individual situation I'll need to ask you a few questions. What plan are you currently on and how much have you used over your included amount of data? Have you had a look at your bill under the data section as this outlines the sessions and what days and times the mobile internet was used? 

If you're currently using a smartphone have you downloaded any recent applications this month as these can sometimes run in the background and use data?

Please let me know and I will be able to assist you further.

Thank you,

Charlotte

Please use plain text.
Experienced Member
adamzapple

Message 9 of 71 (2,428 Views)

I'm using iphone 4 and I only download one app last month. i don't think that download app would be the problem, because, if the app is too large it will ask you to use wifi to download it.

I do close them when I dont use them which is the way I usually do. And I always pay only $60 every month.

Please use plain text.
Help and Support
Bruno

Message 10 of 71 (2,402 Views)

Hi adamzapple,

Thanks for getting back to us with the additional information.

There are a number of ways that your iPhone uses data, and we need to make sure that these are not what may be causing your increased usage.

Do you have applications on your phone set to automatically notify you? Things like email, facebook, some games and other applications can be set to automatically alert you when you have new messages or notifications. They do this by constantly using data in the background to check for new information. You can check and disable this feature in the settings menu of your phone.

If your iPhone is running iOS 5, then you can also check to make sure that automatic backup to iCloud is switched off. When this is on, your phone automatically backs up and changes to iCloud, using a lot of data. 

What exactly does it say next to the charges on your bill? The data usage that you have on your bill is extremely high, have you traveled overseas recently with your phone service on international roaming?

The more information you can give me about how you use your phone, the easier it will be for me to identify the cause and make sure that you don't get bills like this any more.

Cheers,

-Bruno.

Please use plain text.
Stats
  • 70 Replies
  • 2y ago
  • 10 Kudos
  • 14 Contributors
Announcements
#challenge930 - Putting the Lumia 930 through it's paces