Looking for an update on your order?
Where's your order?

Track your order

Enter the tracking number from your order receipt to see its status. Find out more about order tracking & delivery.

Terms and conditions

Getting Details of Incoming call from Vodafone and Terminating Contract

p_m
Occasional Visitor
p_m

Getting Details of Incoming call from Vodafone and Terminating Contract

by p_m Occasional Visitor
Message 1 of 12 (13,003 Views)

I have had a lot of issues with Vodafone since the beginning, and I do have a high patience, from calls dropping to bad reception to slow sms and voicemails retrieval.  But this was the final straw, my calls being picked up by someone who is not me. This has happened to me 3 times in the past year, but when I call Vodafone to advise them of this, they tell me my call log is clear and that I have not received calls.  But to my family they are calling my number to be picked up by someone on my number who is not me and all they can here is a lot of background noise

I have called Vodafone to look into this and asked for Incoming call details on my number (during a certain period, where I know this has occurred), however they have refused to give me the details, and asked me to pay a fee if I want such information.  They however are were able to confirm by phone that I did not receive any call, but are they not able to provide this in writing?

Does anyone know how I can hold of Details of Incoming calls to my phone during a certain period?  All I need is call received, I do not need numbers to people that have blocked their number (I really don’t care), I just need a list times when I answered incoming calls.

Any assistance anyone can give me would be highly appreciated.

Can someone also tell me how I go about breaking a contract with Vodafone because of their poor reception, service and unable to provide service as promised?

Help and Support
Bruno

Re: Getting Details of Incoming call from Vodafone and Terminating Contract

by Help and Support Help and Support
Message 2 of 12 (12,986 Views)

Hi p_m,

p_m wrote:

my calls being picked up by someone who is not me. This has happened to me 3 times in the past year, but when I call Vodafone to advise them of this, they tell me my call log is clear and that I have not received calls.  But to my family they are calling my number to be picked up by someone on my number who is not me and all they can here is a lot of background noise

I can certainly appreciate your frustration at calls to your number being picked up by someone else, this can cause a lot of confusion, so let's take a look at why it may be happening and what I need to do to get this fixed for you.

While it is very rare, there are some isolated circumstances where this can happen (eg. An issue with routing calls to a specific number or an incorrect call diversion)

Are these calls showing up in the call logs on your handset? If you let me know which kind of phone you are using, I can step you through how to retrieve your call logs easily.

p_m wrote:

however they have refused to give me the details, and asked me to pay a fee if I want such information.  They however are were able to confirm by phone that I did not receive any call, but are they not able to provide this in writing?

While we can easily provide your call details for all activity from your device. Providing information about numbers calling you carries a lot of requirements for protecting the privacy of the people calling you and for requesting data from other carriers.

There are processes in place to ensure that we comply with requirements around providing this information and there is a cost to retrieve it for you.

p_m wrote:

Does anyone know how I can hold of Details of Incoming calls to my phone during a certain period?  All I need is call received

The next step is for me to get some more detailed information form you so that I look into this further for you. I've sent you a private message with my contact details in order to do this, which you can get to by clicking here.

p_m wrote:

Can someone also tell me how I go about breaking a contract with Vodafone because of their poor reception, service and unable to provide service as promised?

If you're having issues with coverage in your area, I can also investigate this for you. Can you please let me know your suburb and post code? That way, I can get an idea of what kind of coverage that you should be getting and I can check for any outages or upgrades that may affect your service.

Once I've received your email with the information that I've requested, I will be able to investigate these issues in more detail for you and have them resolved as quickly as possible. In the meantime, please let me know if you have any other questions or if there is anything else that I can help you with.

Cheers,

-Bruno.

Occasional Visitor
Sum0m0

by Sum0m0 Occasional Visitor
Message 3 of 12 (12,849 Views)

Hey, I was having the same enquiry of getting a detail of incoming calls to my mobile number. Hope you could help. This is very important to me.

Help and Support
Kirsty

Message 4 of 12 (12,835 Views)

Hi Sum0m0,

Sum0m0 wrote:

Hey, I was having the same enquiry of getting a detail of incoming calls to my mobile number. Hope you could help. This is very important to me.

We're not able to provide you with the numbers of incoming calls to your mobile. Why were you after this information? If you're receiving unwanted calls (threatening or nuisance calls) I can help.

We have a great article on our website here, about stopping unwelcome calls. If the calls fit the pattern needed to lodge an unwelcome calls report (3 calls within 2 - 5 days, or 10 calls in 24 hours) I'll be able to raise an unwelcome calls report for you.

Receiving unwelcome calls can be a very upsetting experience and I'd love to work through this with you.

Thanks,

Kirsty.

Occasional Visitor
shmilyyxy

by shmilyyxy Occasional Visitor
Message 5 of 12 (11,671 Views)
Hi, I need the details of one of my incoming call today. It did not showed any number on my phone and I answer the phone on the second time. It is regarding a job interview and the employer said he will send me an email including all details, but I haven't receive any. Now I don't have their number so couldn't call them back. So could you please send me the details of all my today's incoming call?
Help and Support
Kirsty

Message 6 of 12 (11,656 Views)

Hi shmilyyxy,

shmilyyxy wrote:
Hi, I need the details of one of my incoming call today. It did not showed any number on my phone and I answer the phone on the second time. It is regarding a job interview and the employer said he will send me an email including all details, but I haven't receive any. Now I don't have their number so couldn't call them back. So could you please send me the details of all my today's incoming call?

We're not able to provide you with the details of your incoming call. Have you checked your call registry to see if the number appears in there? If it isn't there, have you tried Googling the company name for a contact number?

Getting a new job is very exciting - good luck!

Thanks,

Kirsty.

Occasional Visitor
filter

by filter Occasional Visitor
Message 7 of 12 (5,337 Views)

Hi, I need recordsd of incoming calls for a court case. can my lawyer ask for these records?

Regular Poster
JosephChow

[ Edited ]
by Regular Poster
Message 8 of 12 (5,329 Views)

Vodafone would need to confirm this:

I worked for Energy Australia, during this role I was told that under the Freedom of Information Act consumers are allowed to request this information themselves, without the help of a lawyer. It may be provided in the form of a transcript

of the phone recordings or the notes from the Vodafone account.

You would need to wait until Vodafone gets around to reading this thread on Monday.

If someone's post was helpful, please click the purple kudos star.

If someone has solved your query, please click the Accept as Solution button
Community Expert
kjmci

by Community Expert Community Expert
Message 9 of 12 (5,262 Views)
A transcript of the notes on his account are not the same as a record of incoming calls. The Privacy Act provision does not support this use case.
Help and Support
Maddie

[ Edited ]
Message 10 of 12 (5,180 Views)

Hi @filter,

filter wrote:

I need recordsd of incoming calls for a court case. can my lawyer ask for these records?

Incoming call records aren't something that we can give you. Your incoming call log through your phone is the best place to check for calls you've received.

If you have any other questions, just let us know.

[EDIT-incorrect information given]

Stats
  • 11 Replies
  • 2y ago
  • 0 Kudos
  • 9 Contributors
Announcements
Kudos 101- Don't be shy, hand it out today
Switch to mobile
Using a smaller screen?