#challenge930 - join in as our experts put the 930 through it's paces

False roaming info from representative

f0xz

False roaming info from representative

by f0xz Member
Message 1 of 5 (751 Views)
I was going away to new zealand for a short trip on the weekend, hoping i could use my gps on my trip. Found out there wasn't gonna have a signal. I called up vodafone to ask how much would i get charge for roaming data so i can use map feom my phone.. The representative is from non english background, and he told me the data is ( i dot remember exactly prob he said 10 dollars) for four megabyte, and i thought that should be okay i prob wont use it for more than 1 gb anyway. But when im back from the trip i got charge for 200 dollars for using 19mb. And i quickly raise a complaint by phone. However the support told me that it meant for 10dollars PER megabyte. Since its from non english speaking background rep, i heard it as FOUR instead of PER. I kept on complaining the same thing and none of the rep giving me any solution and blaming me from not hearing correctly. I mean you always can say one megabyte instead of per megabyte. And i wasn't even inform if there is a package for vodafone travellers. This is a very disturbing everytime i call i got a non english background please help so i can get my 200 dollars back.

Thanks
Okie
Please use plain text.
f0xz

Re: False roaming info from representative

by f0xz Member
Message 2 of 5 (669 Views)
Got ignored now, great!!!
Please use plain text.
Help and Support
Kirsty

by Help and Support Help and Support
Message 3 of 5 (655 Views)

Hi Okie,

And i quickly raise a complaint by phone. However the support told me that it meant for 10dollars PER megabyte. Since its from non english speaking background rep, i heard it as FOUR instead of PER.

I can certainly appreciate your shock at receiving a higher than expected bill - calling us to discuss your bill is exalt the right thing to do. It's also great that you called us to check the cost of roaming before you left for New Zealand as roaming can definitely be expensive - the pay as you go rate for roaming data is $10 per MB, as you were advised when you called to question the charges on your bill.

When you to activate roaming, we will also confirm the roaming charges with you via txt message - do you remember receiving a txt message from us with the correct roaming rates for New Zealand?

Our New Zealand Roaming Data Packs can make data roaming more affordable if you need to check email and use your smart phone overseas, and we definitely should have spoken with you about adding one when you called.

I can review your account and confirm the information we provided - but I will need to access your personal details, which we can't share here in the Community. I've sent you a Private Message (PM) with my email contact details, sw we can move our conversation to private.

You're able to access your PMs by clicking here.

I look forward to resolving this issue with you.

Thanks,

Kirsty.

Please use plain text.
f0xz

by f0xz Member
Message 4 of 5 (649 Views)
This is the only text i received from vodafone
Welcome to NEW ZEALAND.To call home dial +61 (area code - omit the 0) (phone no.) and for mobiles dial +61 (mobile no. - omit the 0). As you are a 'Vodafone World' customer, calling and texting from NEW ZEALAND is easy. To find the rate and compare the rates for other countries FREE call +61414141414.

Thats where i got the number from
I'll check my inbox and give you the details
Please use plain text.
Help and Support
James

by Help and Support Help and Support
Message 5 of 5 (625 Views)

Hi f0xz,

f0xz wrote:
This is the only text i received from vodafone
Welcome to NEW ZEALAND.To call home dial +61 (area code - omit the 0) (phone no.) and for mobiles dial +61 (mobile no. - omit the 0). As you are a 'Vodafone World' customer, calling and texting from NEW ZEALAND is easy. To find the rate and compare the rates for other countries FREE call +61414141414.

Thanks for providing that information for us. Once you send your information through, we will be able to further review the charges for you.

Regards,

James.

Please use plain text.
Stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 2y ago
  • 0 Kudos
  • 3 Contributors
Announcements
What's happening with Windows Phone? These guys will let you know...