Looking for an update on your order?
Where's your order?

Track your order

Enter the tracking number from your order receipt to see its status. Find out more about order tracking & delivery.

Terms and conditions

End of Contract

Occasional Poster
rkhong

End of Contract

by Occasional Poster
Message 1 of 23 (2,389 Views)

Hi, my 24 month contract with Vodafone for 3 of my numbers are now up; I thought it would cancel automatically but it wasn't. What is the quickest way to cancel these, or discuss options, online?

Please use plain text.
Help and Support
Alana

Re: End of Contract

by Help and Support Help and Support
Message 2 of 23 (2,308 Views)

rkhong wrote:

Hi, my 24 month contract with Vodafone for 3 of my numbers are now up; I thought it would cancel automatically but it wasn't. What is the quickest way to cancel these, or discuss options, online?

Hi rkhong,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the forum!

It's disappointing to hear you are no longer wish to use our services.  Is there any particular reason why you are looking at leaving us?

I'd like to discuss your options in relation to your 3 Vodafone accounts.  Were you wishing to keep your 3 numbers?

Thanks

Alana.

Please use plain text.
Occasional Poster
rkhong

by Occasional Poster
Message 3 of 23 (2,306 Views)

Hello Alana,

Thank you for your reply! I actually signed up for a data package with Vodafone for my iPad so I'm still with you guys! I would like to maybe keep one of the numbers and change to prepaid instead of postpaid. Would this be possible? 

Please use plain text.
Help and Support
Help and Support
Jen

Message 4 of 23 (2,294 Views)

rkhong wrote:

Hello Alana,

Thank you for your reply! I actually signed up for a data package with Vodafone for my iPad so I'm still with you guys! I would like to maybe keep one of the numbers and change to prepaid instead of postpaid. Would this be possible? 

Hi rkhong,

You’re more than welcome, happy to help out where I can

That’s great to hear you haven’t left us, how are you finding your new Ipad? Pretty cool!

As your three Vodafone numbers are out of contract you can pretty much do whatever you like with them and changing one of these services to Prepaid is absolutely a possibility if you would like.

The disconnection of your other two numbers is quite simple to do if you wish, as you are out of contract there will be no Early Exit Fees and you will then receive a final bill with your final charges on them.

I have included a link here to our prepaid options; the new All-Time options are definitely worth a look.

If you would like to proceed with this please feel free to let me know and I can organise this for you.

Regards,

Jen. 

Help and Support
"We are the Knights who say...Ni"

Community Guidelines  Vodafone Coverage Checker

Please use plain text.
Occasional Poster
rkhong

by Occasional Poster
Message 5 of 23 (2,290 Views)

hi 

Yes i think i will cancel all 3 accounts please.

Also I am having trouble getting my iPad to connect with my new vodafone SIM. Do I need to activate this or something?

Please use plain text.
Occasional Poster
k8mc

End of Contract?????

by Occasional Poster
Message 6 of 23 (2,286 Views)

Hi,

I'm about to be given a work phone so won't be needing my current phone with a Vodafone plan/contract. I would like to take my number with me to the new work contract with Telstra. I would like to know how much it is going to cost me to 'cancel' my plan? I'm not contracted with a phone. Am I best to see someone in store?

Any info would be great

Thanks!

Please use plain text.
Help and Support
Help and Support
Jen

Message 7 of 23 (2,276 Views)

rkhong wrote:

Yes i think i will cancel all 3 accounts please.

Also I am having trouble getting my iPad to connect with my new vodafone SIM. Do I need to activate this or something?

Hi rkhong,

Not a problem I can certainly look into doing this for you if you would like?  I’ve sent you a PM with our contact information. Please click on this link to access your Private Messages.Also note that we cannot provide support via PM.

In regards to your Ipad, what plan are you on? Is your sim card working at all? If not, you are able to call activations on the following number: 1300 101 606.

Please let me know when you’ve sent your email and I’ll look into closing off your numbers for you.

Regards,

Jen. 

Help and Support

Please use plain text.
Help and Support
Help and Support
Jen

Re: End of Contract?????

Message 8 of 23 (2,271 Views)

k8mc wrote:

I'm about to be given a work phone so won't be needing my current phone with a Vodafone plan/contract. I would like to take my number with me to the new work contract with Telstra. I would like to know how much it is going to cost me to 'cancel' my plan? I'm not contracted with a phone. Am I best to see someone in store?

Hi k8mc,

Thanks for your post, I’m can certainly help.

As you want to take your mobile number with you, you will need to do what is called a ‘Port’ to your new carrier.

When you exit your contract early you will incur some Early Exit Fee charges, these can be calculated by multiplying your remaining months in contract by your monthly access fee, plus any outstanding handset repayments and invoices.

Do you know when your contract ends? What plan are you currently on?

I am sorry to hear that you’ll be leaving us, however I am happy to look into this for you if you have any further queries.

Regards,

Jen. 

Help and Support

Please use plain text.
Occasional Poster
k8mc

Re: End of Contract?????

by Occasional Poster
Message 9 of 23 (2,267 Views)

Thanks so much for the reply Jen - I was hoping I wouldn’t have to phone a hundred people to get a response :smileyhappy:

I'm not too sure how long my contract is - I think I’m on the $60 infinity plan - and only recently changed over - first time since 2008 actually that i had renewed a contract funny enough! My partner bought my phone outright so nothing owes for that - well shouldn’t be in my name anyway.

I might try and head into a store and see if one of the staff can work out my plan etc. for me and see how much it will cost.

Please use plain text.
Occasional Poster
rkhong

by Occasional Poster
Message 10 of 23 (2,258 Views)

HI.

The SIM card is working, because it registers OK by the iPad (ie. the logo appears on the top, and when I go into Settings, it lists Vodafone as the "cellular carrier".

But when i try and "surf", it doesn't work

Please use plain text.
Stats
  • 22 Replies
  • 3y ago
  • 0 Kudos
  • 8 Contributors
Announcements
Kudos 101- Don't be shy, hand it out today
Switch to mobile
Using a smaller screen?