Looking for an update on your order?
Where's your order?

Track your order

Enter the tracking number from your order receipt to see its status. Find out more about order tracking & delivery.

Terms and conditions

Domestic and GPRS data

Experienced Member
ogolble

Re: Domestic and GPRS data

by ogolble Experienced Member
Message 11 of 12 (367 Views)

Hi,

Ive just got the $50 infinite plan with $15 MBB.  With 26 days left in the month, it says ive used 250mb out of 750mb gprs.  What exactly is the gprs used? is it apps or general phone use? I don't understand and can't seem to find information.

Thanks

Please use plain text.
Help and Support
Nick

Re: Domestic and GPRS data

by Help and Support Help and Support
Message 12 of 12 (350 Views)

Hi ogolble,

ogolble wrote:

Ive just got the $50 infinite plan with $15 MBB.  With 26 days left in the month, it says ive used 250mb out of 750mb gprs.  What exactly is the gprs used? is it apps or general phone use? I don't understand and can't seem to find information.

There are a number of factors that will affect how much data you use on your phone. These would include Internet browsing on your phone, apps that are running, updates and automatic push emails. This is only a short list of factors. There are many more that affect usage.

How the data is used won't show up on your usage details or your bill though. These will just show how much, and when data was used. From my experience though, background apps can use a fair bit of data even when you aren't specifically using them. What phone are you using? You may be able to shut down the apps that are running.

If you are concerned about where your data is going, there are several apps that can help track usage. Whilst I cannot guarantee the accuracy of these third party apps, they are a good starting point to help work out how to minimise usage. There is also a My Vodafone app available that will help you monitor your usage. It won't be able to give you a breakdown of how the data was used by your phone though.

Also, just to confirm, is the Infinite plan and the MBB service separate? Or did you add a data pack on your infinite plan? If they are separate services, so will the monthly allowances be. They will not be combined in to one data allowance to be used across both services.

Please let me know.

Thanks,

Nick

Please use plain text.
Stats
  • 11 Replies
  • 2y ago
  • 0 Kudos
  • 7 Contributors
Announcements
Kudos 101- Don't be shy, hand it out today
Switch to mobile