Where's your order?

Track your order

Enter the tracking number from your order receipt to see its status. Find out more about order tracking & delivery.

Terms and conditions

Domestic and GPRS data

Occasional Poster
YG
Accepted Solution

Domestic and GPRS data

by Occasional Poster
Message 1 of 12 (3,492 Views)
Can anyone tell me what is the difference between the domestic and GPRS data? If I have 700mb domestic and 2048mb GPRS, how will it be used? Thanks!
Please use plain text.
Help and Support
Nick

Re: Domestic and GPRS data

by Help and Support Help and Support
Message 2 of 12 (3,370 Views)

Hey YG,

YG wrote:
Can anyone tell me what is the difference between the domestic and GPRS data? If I have 700mb domestic and 2048mb GPRS, how will it be used? Thanks!

They are basically the same thing. From what you've aid it sounds like you have 2GB included in your plan and have added a 700MB data pack. In short, we display these under different names so you can tell that the pack has been added to your account.

What you will find is the data will come out of one first, until it's all gone, then it should start coming out of your other allowance. I'd generally suggest you'll use up your additional 700MB. Once this is gone, data used will start coming out of your 2GB allowance. Does that make sense? I know it's a little bit confusing, but most importantly it sounds like everything is set up correctly, and working as it should be.

If you have any other questions, please let me know.

Cheers,

Nick

Please use plain text.
Occasional Poster
YG

by Occasional Poster
Message 3 of 12 (3,362 Views)
Thanks nick. I have one more question.

Will it have extra charge if I use Internet under "E"? Cos when I was with three, they told me that the data I use under E is not included in the pack, so I need to pay for using "E". How is it with Vodafone, any difference if I use Internet under:3G, E, or "o". Thanks.
Please use plain text.
Help and Support
Bruno

Message 4 of 12 (3,339 Views)

YG wrote:
Thanks nick. I have one more question.

Will it have extra charge if I use Internet under "E"? Cos when I was with three, they told me that the data I use under E is not included in the pack, so I need to pay for using "E". How is it with Vodafone, any difference if I use Internet under:3G, E, or "o". Thanks.

Hi YG,

As Vodafone doesn't roam on any other networks, your data usage will come out of your inclusion regardless of if your handset is showing 3G, H or E.

O mens that 3G Data services are unavailable, and your handset is searching for a network signal.

You would only be charged for data if you go over the combined total of your included data and your pack.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

-Bruno.

Please use plain text.
Experienced Member
Chee

by Chee Experienced Member
Message 5 of 12 (3,273 Views)

Hi there

I just recently joined Vodafone. My plan is $29 cap.

I also do not understand the difference between Domestic data (200mb)and GPRS bundle (700mb), would you please explain further?

I have been using internet and downloading some applications for the last 3 weeks but both Domestic data and GPRS have not moved - showing zero. May I know why?

Thanks

Chee

Please use plain text.
Help and Support
Caitlin

Message 6 of 12 (3,249 Views)

Hi Chee,

Chee wrote:

I just recently joined Vodafone. My plan is $29 cap.

I also do not understand the difference between Domestic data (200mb)and GPRS bundle (700mb), would you please explain further?

As mentioned by Nick, Domestic Data and GPRS are basically the same. The Domestic Data bar, which shows you 200MB is your caps included monthly data. The GPRS bundle will usually indicate a data pack you have since added or bonus data. 

Chee wrote:

I have been using internet and downloading some applications for the last 3 weeks but both Domestic data and GPRS have not moved - showing zero. May I know why?

When downloading the applications, is this completed by when you are connected to a WiFi connection? Your data will not be deducted from your monthly allowance when connected to WiFi. If you were not connected to a WiFi connection at the time, please let me know and I can definitely provide you my email contact details so I am able to investigate your account further.

Thanks,

Cait

Please use plain text.
Experienced Member
Chee

Message 7 of 12 (3,243 Views)

Thanks for your reply.

I did not connect to Wifi. I called 1300 650 410 this morning. A lady did check for me but she did not know why.

Please use plain text.
Help and Support
Charlotte

Message 8 of 12 (3,208 Views)

Chee wrote:

Thanks for your reply.

I did not connect to Wifi. I called 1300 650 410 this morning. A lady did check for me but she did not know why.

Hi Chee,

I would love to help you! Have you received your bill? Or are you checking your balance for the data on MyVodafone?

How have you been using the internet for the last couple of weeks? When you called and spoke to the lady did she mention if you have used data now?

Look forward to your reply so I can investigate this further for you.

Thank you,

Charlotte

Please use plain text.
Experienced Member
Chee

Message 9 of 12 (3,196 Views)

Hi Charlotte,

Thanks for your help. I have not received my first bill, it will come this week or early next week - 5 days remaining for this bill cycle.

I have been checking my usage online every morning. I can see the charges for my mobile phone and has been updated daily but not the Domestic data and GPRS bundle. I definitely downloaded some applications and browsed the interenet for the last 3 weeks without connecting to WI-Fi. The lady told me she checked a few systems but could see no charges.

Do you need my account number/phone number?

Thanks

Chee

Please use plain text.
Help and Support
Charlotte

Message 10 of 12 (3,176 Views)

Chee wrote:

Hi Charlotte,

Thanks for your help. I have not received my first bill, it will come this week or early next week - 5 days remaining for this bill cycle.

I have been checking my usage online every morning. I can see the charges for my mobile phone and has been updated daily but not the Domestic data and GPRS bundle. I definitely downloaded some applications and browsed the interenet for the last 3 weeks without connecting to WI-Fi. The lady told me she checked a few systems but could see no charges.

Do you need my account number/phone number?

Hi Chee,

Thank you for your reply.

I would like to have a look into your account and have a look at the data. I have sent you a Private Message with our contact details and a unique code so that you can privately send through your personal details.

Once I receive your email I will look into your account and we can have a chat about what is happening with your data.

Thank you,

Charlotte

Please use plain text.
Stats
  • 11 Replies
  • 2y ago
  • 0 Kudos
  • 7 Contributors
Announcements
Kudos 101- Don't be shy, hand it out today
Switch to mobile
Using a smaller screen?