Data usage

jackiecc

Data usage

by jackiecc Member
Message 1 of 4 (1,464 Views)
Hi,  

I'm on the $69 cap plan with 2GB data.  However, when I log into My Vodafone and check the Spend and Entitlements, my GPRS entitlement is only 750MB.

In my latest bill, I was charged $49 as I used 965.84MB of data.  I do not understand why I only have 750MB to use? Am I placed on the wrong plan?

Thank you.

Please use plain text.
Help and Support
Nick

Re: Data usage

by Help and Support Help and Support
Message 2 of 4 (1,332 Views)

Hi jackiecc,

jackiecc wrote:

I do not understand why I only have 750MB to use? Am I placed on the wrong plan?

As well as the 750MB of GPRS, does MyVodafone and1512 show that you have additional data? The data allowance for many of our plans is split in to 2 pieces, usually data and GPRS. The combination of these two should add to your total monthly allowance.

The current excess data charge on the $69 cap is $0.50/MB. This would mean, in your situation, that using 215MB more than you allowance would have yielded an additional charge of over $100. What does your bill actually say the excess $49 charge is for? Out handy Bill Explainer may assist you to work this out.

What date did you sign up for the contract? Your monthly allowances may vary from our current plans online, depending on when you singed up.

Let me know how you go. I will be able to provide further assistance once I have a bit more information.

Thanks,

Nick

Please use plain text.
jackiecc

by jackiecc Member
Message 3 of 4 (1,254 Views)

Hi Nick,

Thank you for your reply.

When I log on to MyVodafone and look up Spend and Entitlement, I can only see Free GPRS Bundle and Anytime Dollar Bundles.

My contract started in September 2010, and the reason I chose the plan was because it had 2GB data allowance.

Thank you

Jackie

Please use plain text.
jackiecc

by jackiecc Member
Message 4 of 4 (955 Views)

Hi Nick,

I managed to get through to someone in Accounts and was informed that I was placed on the wrong data plan.

They have now rectified the problem.

Thanks

Jackie

Please use plain text.
Stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 2y ago
  • 0 Kudos
  • 2 Contributors
Announcements
GALAXY S5 - Live blog tonight