Where's your order?

Track your order

Enter the tracking number from your order receipt to see its status. Find out more about order tracking & delivery.

Terms and conditions

Continuous Issues with Network Service

Regular Visitor
Valchi

Continuous Issues with Network Service

by Valchi Regular Visitor
Message 1 of 14 (1,402 Views)

Good Morning,

About 6 months ago I was having terrible issues with phone signal dropping out and having virtually no data connection. This was on the Gold Coast. I have since moved to Kalgoorlie and the service has been the same. I have called up to report the issue and was told to just wait for service upgrades and it should improve. I waitied but no improvement. I went into a vodafone store and was told there was nothing they could do, I insisted that something needed to be done so they tried sim replacement. No immediate results but over time it slowly improved. The last month service has been ok however data connection still useless. The last 3 days signal just drops out randomly and my phone battery doesn't even last half a day because it is constantly searching for signal.

Travelling in a remote area I require my phone for safety reasons. If I brake down on the side of a road I need to have a reliable phone provider for my own safety as I could be waiting hours for someone to drive along the same road.

I am also missing calls from prospective employers because my phone can be out of service for hours at a time. My flatmate is on vodafone also with a different handset and she is also having problems recently but not as bad as mine.

I am coming up to 12 months out of 24 and I am fed up with the quality of service I have received from Vodafone. I was with vodafone for a contract prior to this one and had no problems whatsoever. If there is nothing you can do then I will be forced to take this further as my safety is more important to me than a phone contract.

Please use plain text.
Occasional Poster
JordanZhao

Re: Continuous Issues with Network Service

by Occasional Poster
Message 2 of 14 (1,286 Views)

Have you tried using another phone? It could possibly be just your phone.

Please use plain text.
Regular Visitor
Valchi

Message 3 of 14 (1,280 Views)

Yep.. still have the same problems with another phone. Noticed that signal is basically nothing when inside a building with a tin roof.. which is almost every building over here but even still outside it drops out constantly.

Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
LeanneDavis

by LeanneDavis Occasional Visitor
Message 4 of 14 (1,270 Views)
Jordan can totally relate! I moved house, just next door, and now the signal just isnt there, calls cut out and break up constantly. Thats from a distance of 15 metres away from where I used to get reasonable reception. Would ring customer care, but hey, the call would just break up anyway!!
Posted from Facebook
Please use plain text.
Help and Support
Bruno

by Help and Support Help and Support
Message 5 of 14 (1,246 Views)

Valchi wrote:

Good Morning,

About 6 months ago I was having terrible issues with phone signal dropping out and having virtually no data connection. This was on the Gold Coast. I have since moved to Kalgoorlie and the service has been the same. I have called up to report the issue and was told to just wait for service upgrades and it should improve. I waitied but no improvement. I went into a vodafone store and was told there was nothing they could do, I insisted that something needed to be done so they tried sim replacement. No immediate results but over time it slowly improved. The last month service has been ok however data connection still useless. The last 3 days signal just drops out randomly and my phone battery doesn't even last half a day because it is constantly searching for signal.

Travelling in a remote area I require my phone for safety reasons. If I brake down on the side of a road I need to have a reliable phone provider for my own safety as I could be waiting hours for someone to drive along the same road.

I am also missing calls from prospective employers because my phone can be out of service for hours at a time. My flatmate is on vodafone also with a different handset and she is also having problems recently but not as bad as mine.

I am coming up to 12 months out of 24 and I am fed up with the quality of service I have received from Vodafone. I was with vodafone for a contract prior to this one and had no problems whatsoever. If there is nothing you can do then I will be forced to take this further as my safety is more important to me than a phone contract.

Hi Valchi,

You're right, it's a very serious situation to be in a remote area with limited communication ability, so I'd like to do all I can to help.

An initial check of the coverage maps for Kalgoorlie shows that it has some 3G coverage on our 900mnz network, but it shows strong coverage for 2G. So that you don't have to worry about being able to call someone whenever you need to, switching your phone to 2G will improve the talk and text stability of your service.

Our Network page shows that there are plans to bring 850mhz 3G coverage to Kalgoorlie in the new year, which will bring a huge improvement in 3G performance and data speeds. 

If you switch your service to 2G and don't see a marked improvement in your talk and text signal, please let me know and I can arrange to escalate your issue to our network team for further investigation.

Cheers,

-Bruno.

Please use plain text.
Regular Visitor
Valchi

Message 6 of 14 (1,223 Views)

I have a HTC Desire. How do you switch it to just 2g? I know u can on the iphones cos i used to have one.

Things have changed again. My phone now says I have 3-4 bars service however I dont get calls, texts take a couple of hours to come through and if i do receive a call the person can't hear me and i have to call back 3 or 4 times to get 5 words in. This was just last night.

Please use plain text.
Problem Solver
Peter

by Problem Solver
Message 7 of 14 (1,217 Views)

Switching between 2G and 3G on HTC Desire:

settings>wireless & networks>mobile networks>networks mode

GSM= 2G wcdma=3G

Please use plain text.
Help and Support
James

Message 8 of 14 (1,180 Views)

Hi again Valchi,

Peter has kindly posted the instructions on how to set your phone to 2G. Please also ensure you have the latest updated version of Android 2.3, as the previous version did not allow you to switch your phone to 2G.

Let me know how this goes for you.

Thanks,

James. 

Please use plain text.
Regular Visitor
Valchi

Message 9 of 14 (1,157 Views)

Spoiler

Hi,

I've had my phone on 2g since my last message and I am happily seeing full bars and thinking I have full signal and fantastic service. However when I am actually speaking to someone they say they can hardly hear me and it keeps cutting out. Also today my flatmate called me at work to check my phone was on because she had been calling me througout the day and my phone has showed full service however when she was calling it was going straight to message bank.

Also my voicemail alert has turned off again so I am receiving voicemails and don't even know unless i periodically check them. I almost missed out on a job interview today because I didn't get the text. I have turned it on a few times but it just seems to keep turning off.

Am starting to get very frustrated with this service!!!!!!

Please use plain text.
Help and Support
Bruno

Message 10 of 14 (1,143 Views)

Valchi wrote:

Spoiler

Hi,

I've had my phone on 2g since my last message and I am happily seeing full bars and thinking I have full signal and fantastic service. However when I am actually speaking to someone they say they can hardly hear me and it keeps cutting out. Also today my flatmate called me at work to check my phone was on because she had been calling me througout the day and my phone has showed full service however when she was calling it was going straight to message bank.

Also my voicemail alert has turned off again so I am receiving voicemails and don't even know unless i periodically check them. I almost missed out on a job interview today because I didn't get the text. I have turned it on a few times but it just seems to keep turning off.

Am starting to get very frustrated with this service!!!!!!

Hi Valchi,

Thanks for updating us on your progress. 

I can completely understand your frustration and I want to get this sorted out for you.

I've sent you a private message with my email contact. If you send me an email with the information I have requested, I can access your account and escalate your issue to our Network Team.

You can access your private messages here.

Thanks,

-Bruno.

Please use plain text.
Stats
  • 13 Replies
  • 2y ago
  • 1 Kudo
  • 9 Contributors
Announcements
Kudos 101- Don't be shy, hand it out today
Switch to mobile
Using a smaller screen?