Have you used the Vodafone Support site? Tell us what you think

Cannot register for myvodafone (invalid mobile number)

Occasional Visitor
Beavis

Cannot register for myvodafone (invalid mobile number)

by Beavis Occasional Visitor
Message 1 of 10 (1,899 Views)

Hi there,

I am currently unable to register or use myvodafone. When ever I try to register it brings up an error stating that the username is invalid (invalid mobile number)

I have a $65 infinite contract that was started on 4th November. I haven't been able to register for my vodafone.

I used to use myvodafone on a prepaid sim and had this number ported over to my new contract. I ahve tried logging in with the same details as before but it doesn't recognise my mobile number.

I have contacted vodafone a couple of times and they couldn't resolve my issue over the phone. They said they would contact me within 72 hours but this time has passed and I have not recieved a response.

Please could someone advise me on what to do next.

Cheers

Chris

Please use plain text.
Help and Support
Kirsty

Re: Cannot register for myvodafone (invalid mobile number)

by Help and Support Help and Support
Message 2 of 10 (1,813 Views)

Hi Beavis,

It's great that you want to sign up for MyVodafone - you're able to check your usage, monitor your spend, and manage your account, all in the one place! Did your transition from prepay to your $65 Infinite contract go smoothly?

Your MyVodafone account will have been disconnected when you transferred your number, and you will need to register for a new account, using the same mobile number.  It can take up to 10 days from when your transfer completed, til  you can register a new account.

As it's been longer than the specified timeframe, and you're not able to register, I'd like to have a look at your MyVodafone account, and escalate any issues. In order to do this, I will need to access your account, and we can't do that here on our Community!

I've sent you a PM (Private Message) with the information I will need to help. You can access your PMs by clicking on this link here.

What handset did you upgrade to? If it's an iPhone or Android phone, you might like to check out our iPhone and Android board, and join in the discussion with other enthusiasts!!

Thanks,

Kirsty.

Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
neitrolizatzia

by neitrolizatzia Occasional Visitor
Message 3 of 10 (1,778 Views)

Hello,

Can you help me too please? I cannot register on my vodafone it says that my username is incorrect when on the first step it says to enter your mobile number. I am confused and need to pay a bill.

Please use plain text.
Help and Support
Caitlin

Message 4 of 10 (1,763 Views)

Hi neitrolizatazi,

neitrolizatzia wrote:

Hello,

Can you help me too please? I cannot register on my vodafone it says that my username is incorrect when on the first step it says to enter your mobile number. I am confused and need to pay a bill.

I can certainly assist you with your My Vodafone registration. I will need to ask a few questions so I am able to gain a better understanding why you are unable to access your My Vodafone account.

How long ago did you sign up to Vodafone? Is this the first time you are trying to use My Vodafone or have you previously used this service through a pre paid account? 

We do have other great options to pay your bill, such as the Pay My Bill page, which does not require a log in. By Bpay, which is a transfer directly from your online banking to your Vodafone account or visiting your local post office with your bill to pay over the counter.

Thanks,

Cait

Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
h_a_n_n_a_h

by h_a_n_n_a_h Occasional Visitor
Message 5 of 10 (1,227 Views)

Hi,

Could you please help me too. I am having so much trouble with this. 

It is saying when I am trying to register that my mobile number is invald and it wont let me register. I have tried for months now and it still wont work. 

Thanks,

h_a_n_n_a_h

Please use plain text.
Help and Support
Dana

Message 6 of 10 (1,215 Views)

Hi h_a_n_n_a_h,

h_a_n_n_a_h wrote:

Could you please help me too. I am having so much trouble with this. 

It is saying when I am trying to register that my mobile number is invald and it wont let me register. I have tried for months now and it still wont work. 

I will be happy to help your Myvodafone access all setup, especially if you have been trying for months to get registered and it's not working.

While I am sorting that out you can still send a blank text to 1512 to get your usage details.  I have sent you a PM to contact me and I can get this up and running for you and to access your Private Messages please click this link.

If you can get in touch then I'm sure that I can get it your MyVodafone access working.

Cheers,

Dana.

Please use plain text.
Frequent Visitor
leningradcowboy

by leningradcowboy Frequent Visitor
Message 7 of 10 (355 Views)

Same problem. Bought a prepaid phone several months ago, tried registering then and it said the number was invalid. I now need to keep detailed records of my usage, had another go at registering, same problem: number not valid. Please help

Please use plain text.
Help and Support
Brad_F

Message 8 of 10 (330 Views)

Hey @leningradcowboy,

leningradcowboy wrote:

Same problem. Bought a prepaid phone several months ago, tried registering then and it said the number was invalid.

It's great that you've found another way to keep and eye on your usage, but we need to find out what's going on with your registration and get it fixed up for you so you can jump on My Vodafone.

I've sent you a private message over here, with our email info. So when you have a spare minute, flick us an email.

Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
ishaq786

by ishaq786 Occasional Visitor
Message 9 of 10 (80 Views)

I tried to sign up gor myvodsfone but it say my number is invalid. My phn is prepaid

Please use plain text.
Help and Support
Bruno

Message 10 of 10 (53 Views)

Hi @ishaq786 

ishaq786 wrote:

I tried to sign up gor myvodsfone but it say my number is invalid. My phn is prepaid

My Vodafone is a really handy way to get the most out of your service, so we understand why you're keen to get registered. Let's take a look at why this is happening and get you up and running.

We'll need a few details to do that, so I've sent you a private message over here. Send us a quick email with the information we've asked for and we'll get you up and running as fast as possible.

Please use plain text.
Stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 2y ago
  • 0 Kudos
  • 10 Contributors
Announcements
What's happening with Windows Phone? These guys will let you know...