Start The Buzz - Big things are coming

COMPLAINT about insurance and customer service stuff-ups keep going back to Indian call centre.

Occasional Poster
sheilaf

COMPLAINT about insurance and customer service stuff-ups keep going back to Indian call centre.

by Occasional Poster
Message 1 of 11 (1,469 Views)

My daughter's handset was found damaged after it had been missing at a public venue for a few hours.  Located on the floor and with cracks etc. She tried to get assistance in Canberra but the store assistant just did not want to help. She brought the phone to Sydney so I could chase it up and I contacted the 1555 number to lodge a damage/insurance claim report . It took 5 calls and 4 disconnections after having been on hold for 1.41, 19, 1.54 and finally 20.40 hours ... Finally frustrated I called through and here is a the text of my post on FB after having being placed on hold and being disconnected the following morning :-  " After 20 hours 40 minutes and 22 seconds on hold before being disconnected at 8.56am this morning - that's how long it took them to realise that they had me on hold on a recorded message. In total we were on hold approximately 23 hours. Then the scampering to apologise started within 15 minutes when they realised I had gone higher and complained in writing and Vodafone has some explaining to do."

Eventually managed to lodge a claim, the next day,  again after a number of disconnections and buck passing both by Indian call centre staff and Insurance claims handlers - 2 here in Australia. There will be an excess of $175  (Was not told this when we signed up nor were we given any insurance documentation just told that we would have to pay $45 for the infinite plan and $10 for insurance monthly and we would not have to pay anything else if the phone was lost or damaged and that we would get a similar phone on loan).  Past arguing by this stage so I then followed the process and took the handset into the Top Ryde shop front but at the end of that told by the assistant - sorry we do not give out loan phones. Rang the insurance people again and told "they don't have to give you a loan phone , it's not part of our insurance policy..." Sent my daughter back interstate with no means of communications...

About 4 days later I received a phone call to say that our claim had been accepted and the phone was assessed as beyond repair. I was asked to choose which replacement handset I wanted. I asked for a Samsung Galaxy S and was told a newer model was available and would be delivered to us within 5-10 days but more likely to be the lower . 

I rang back 3-4 times yesterday as it was more then 10 days and again after no call back and also disconnections finally spoke to someone after 30 minutes hold to be told that as it was now just after 8pm the insurance section had gone home...

Todays calls included  - 3.38, and disconnected , 43.09 and finally spoke to someone from the insurer and here is my FB message to my daughter as she does not have a handset or able to use her phone service unless she is with a friend who gives her , her handset to use :- 

"Sorry  after 5 phone calls since yesterday and 30mins to 3 hours on hold and being disconnected just got told "Oh it's on back order, we have no black ones in stock". (Well why did someone not tell us this 12 days ago?)  "The white one willl take another 5-10 working days to come out... " . Oh but wait for it - "We can't put the order through until overnight so the 5-10 working days starts from after Monday..." This from Marsh Insurances in Australia. I rang VFone to complain and got the Indian call centre again - 1 hour later we were still going around in circles ... . Best I can do so far but am writing another long complaint to the TIO." 

I have 3 mobile handsets on the infinite plans for my family and 2 mobile/pocket wifi  - all Vodafone postpaid services under my name but since sign up in March have had nothing but problems and non existent customer service. This has now become not only a major customer guarantee and consumer issue but also a question of whether there has been Trade Practices, ACCC and  other breaches especially about whether any of our Telcos are obtaining financial advantage by deception, faulty products (none of our HTC, Samsung or other handsets have worked properly since we got them)  and especially with the holding out that certain services are available including complaints when all that happens is that you are run around in circles by the Indian call centre staff and cannot get to speak to the Tasmanian call centre.

I have worked through excess data charges etc since March 2011, no Internet or phone services for up to 3 weeks at a time , etc. 

Come on Vodafone provide us with the service for which we are paying and get rid of outsourcing - it just is not working!

Please use plain text.
Help and Support
Bree

Re: COMPLAINT about insurance and customer service stuff-ups keep going back to Indian call centre.

by Help and Support Help and Support
Message 2 of 11 (1,353 Views)

sheilaf wrote:

My daughter's handset was found damaged after it had been missing at a public venue for a few hours.  Located on the floor and with cracks etc. She tried to get assistance in Canberra but the store assistant just did not want to help. She brought the phone to Sydney so I could chase it up and I contacted the 1555 number to lodge a damage/insurance claim report . It took 5 calls and 4 disconnections after having been on hold for 1.41, 19, 1.54 and finally 20.40 hours ... Finally frustrated I called through and here is a the text of my post on FB after having being placed on hold and being disconnected the following morning :-  " After 20 hours 40 minutes and 22 seconds on hold before being disconnected at 8.56am this morning - that's how long it took them to realise that they had me on hold on a recorded message. In total we were on hold approximately 23 hours. Then the scampering to apologise started within 15 minutes when they realised I had gone higher and complained in writing and Vodafone has some explaining to do."

Eventually managed to lodge a claim, the next day,  again after a number of disconnections and buck passing both by Indian call centre staff and Insurance claims handlers - 2 here in Australia. There will be an excess of $175  (Was not told this when we signed up nor were we given any insurance documentation just told that we would have to pay $45 for the infinite plan and $10 for insurance monthly and we would not have to pay anything else if the phone was lost or damaged and that we would get a similar phone on loan).  Past arguing by this stage so I then followed the process and took the handset into the Top Ryde shop front but at the end of that told by the assistant - sorry we do not give out loan phones. Rang the insurance people again and told "they don't have to give you a loan phone , it's not part of our insurance policy..." Sent my daughter back interstate with no means of communications...

About 4 days later I received a phone call to say that our claim had been accepted and the phone was assessed as beyond repair. I was asked to choose which replacement handset I wanted. I asked for a Samsung Galaxy S and was told a newer model was available and would be delivered to us within 5-10 days but more likely to be the lower . 

I rang back 3-4 times yesterday as it was more then 10 days and again after no call back and also disconnections finally spoke to someone after 30 minutes hold to be told that as it was now just after 8pm the insurance section had gone home...

Todays calls included  - 3.38, and disconnected , 43.09 and finally spoke to someone from the insurer and here is my FB message to my daughter as she does not have a handset or able to use her phone service unless she is with a friend who gives her , her handset to use :- 

"Sorry  after 5 phone calls since yesterday and 30mins to 3 hours on hold and being disconnected just got told "Oh it's on back order, we have no black ones in stock". (Well why did someone not tell us this 12 days ago?)  "The white one willl take another 5-10 working days to come out... " . Oh but wait for it - "We can't put the order through until overnight so the 5-10 working days starts from after Monday..." This from Marsh Insurances in Australia. I rang VFone to complain and got the Indian call centre again - 1 hour later we were still going around in circles ... . Best I can do so far but am writing another long complaint to the TIO." 

I have 3 mobile handsets on the infinite plans for my family and 2 mobile/pocket wifi  - all Vodafone postpaid services under my name but since sign up in March have had nothing but problems and non existent customer service. This has now become not only a major customer guarantee and consumer issue but also a question of whether there has been Trade Practices, ACCC and  other breaches especially about whether any of our Telcos are obtaining financial advantage by deception, faulty products (none of our HTC, Samsung or other handsets have worked properly since we got them)  and especially with the holding out that certain services are available including complaints when all that happens is that you are run around in circles by the Indian call centre staff and cannot get to speak to the Tasmanian call centre.

I have worked through excess data charges etc since March 2011, no Internet or phone services for up to 3 weeks at a time , etc. 

Come on Vodafone provide us with the service for which we are paying and get rid of outsourcing - it just is not working!

Hi Sheilaf,

I'm sorry that you have had this experience, you have come to the right place now and I am happy to help you further here.

When you signed up with us and accepted insurance you should have been given a copy of PDS (Product Disclosure Statement). I apologise if you were not provided with the correct or appropriate information.

How did you sign up for this service? If you did it over the phone, there should have been a voice recording of information regarding the insurance. If you signed up in a store, you should have been given a Marsh Insurance brochure in which would also include all relative information regarding insurance with Marsh.

I apologise for the amount of time that you were on hold and it is definitely not how things should be. It sounds as though there may have been an issue with getting your call connected successfully as we do not usually have such a long expected hold time. 

You have definately come to the right place and I am here to help, if you can please let me know how you signed up for this service, the day that you sat on hold for so long and if it was us or Marsh insurance that you have been speaking with regarding the claim. 

I look forward to hearing from you.

Thank you,

-Bree.

Please use plain text.
Occasional Poster
sheilaf

Re: COMPLAINT about insurance and customer service stuff-ups keep going back to Indian call centre.

by Occasional Poster
Message 3 of 11 (1,348 Views)

I signed up for 3 services post paid services in March 2011 and another 2 services in May 2011. All were at the same shopfront in Canberra, ACT. At no time was I given any documentation. In less then two months after sign up, I had to contact Vodafone for various issues which should all be on your records. There have been ongoing issues since then and yea each time the wait or hold time was long and unacceptable and when Vodafone started their callback rather then wait on hold service, there were also a number of no callbacks or disconnections as soon as the call back recorded messages were answered by me. All of these shouls also be documented as I complained and asked for each issue to be documented. I also requested escalation of the issue each time it became apparent that the operators were not properly assessing or addressing what I was requesting or querying.

As for insurance services - there is a lot of buck passing - both my Marsh which claims just to be the conduit broker (?) and Vodafone. The Indian callcentre staff are not properly trained to handle calls and as soon as they hear the word insurance I was fobbed back on to Marsh and Marsh just tells me it ios a Vodafone issue that there is no Samsung handsets in stock.

There are over 100 days of long on hold calls to Vodafone - easily identified if you care to check each of our 3 mobile telephone bills, however, the worst service in recent days was that of 27 December 2011. There were a number of calls to the 1555 Vodafone number where I was trying to log the damage phone notification. My daughter had tried unsuccessfully to do so as well in the preceeding days. My phone log shows a phone call to 1555 at 12.04pm, 12.07, 12.08 each had my call disconnected before answer or after transferring and then eventually at 12.10pm - this call was connected to one of your Vodafone callcentre operators after a wait of almost 30 minutes, he informed me that he could not deal with my call but would transfer me to the insurers again and I was on hold for 20 hours 40 mins and 22 seconds when the call was disconnected the next morning. My younger  daughter was also placed on hold on her otherphone for over 4 hours before she hung up. So no buck passing this was both Vodafone and Marsh that were involved and we are still waiting for the phone 19 days after handing the phone in at Top Ryde. There has been no loan handset nor a refund of monthly fees nor even any advice of where we are at.

Please use plain text.
Help and Support
Liz_A

Message 4 of 11 (1,331 Views)

sheilaf wrote:

I signed up for 3 services post paid services in March 2011 and another 2 services in May 2011. All were at the same shopfront in Canberra, ACT. At no time was I given any documentation. In less then two months after sign up, I had to contact Vodafone for various issues which should all be on your records. There have been ongoing issues since then and yea each time the wait or hold time was long and unacceptable and when Vodafone started their callback rather then wait on hold service, there were also a number of no callbacks or disconnections as soon as the call back recorded messages were answered by me. All of these shouls also be documented as I complained and asked for each issue to be documented. I also requested escalation of the issue each time it became apparent that the operators were not properly assessing or addressing what I was requesting or querying.

As for insurance services - there is a lot of buck passing - both my Marsh which claims just to be the conduit broker (?) and Vodafone. The Indian callcentre staff are not properly trained to handle calls and as soon as they hear the word insurance I was fobbed back on to Marsh and Marsh just tells me it ios a Vodafone issue that there is no Samsung handsets in stock.

There are over 100 days of long on hold calls to Vodafone - easily identified if you care to check each of our 3 mobile telephone bills, however, the worst service in recent days was that of 27 December 2011. There were a number of calls to the 1555 Vodafone number where I was trying to log the damage phone notification. My daughter had tried unsuccessfully to do so as well in the preceeding days. My phone log shows a phone call to 1555 at 12.04pm, 12.07, 12.08 each had my call disconnected before answer or after transferring and then eventually at 12.10pm - this call was connected to one of your Vodafone callcentre operators after a wait of almost 30 minutes, he informed me that he could not deal with my call but would transfer me to the insurers again and I was on hold for 20 hours 40 mins and 22 seconds when the call was disconnected the next morning. My younger  daughter was also placed on hold on her otherphone for over 4 hours before she hung up. So no buck passing this was both Vodafone and Marsh that were involved and we are still waiting for the phone 19 days after handing the phone in at Top Ryde. There has been no loan handset nor a refund of monthly fees nor even any advice of where we are at.

Hi Sheilaf,

I'm really sorry that this has been such a long process for you and would be happy to escalate this and try my best to get the information you need.

To do this I would require access to your account and have sent you a Personal Message. Please note that we cannot provide support via PM. This way also I can contact you to prevent any futher lengthy phone calls in regards to this issue.

I apologise that you were not given the appropriate documents from the store, were they possibly included in the paperword for your contract and handset? 

I do sincerely hope this will be resolved as quickly as possible so your experience with us improves.

Cheers,

Liz

Please use plain text.
Occasional Poster
sheilaf

by Occasional Poster
Message 5 of 11 (1,322 Views)

No we were only given a photocopy 1 page document - the phone contract and that only after I asked as there were too many numbers to remember.

I am happy for access to my 3 separate  account as this will also verify the number of telephone calls made to Vodafone since March 2011.

Priority is for the supply of the handset as expeditiously as possible.

I am available to further discuss on my main number ending with 505.

I await a speedy resolution.

Please use plain text.
Occasional Poster
sheilaf

by Occasional Poster
Message 6 of 11 (1,215 Views)

I am still waiting for a response and resolution some two months later and we have had our services restricted, reconnected and now threatened with restriction again. Please advice if there will be a resolution or escalate to the Telecommunications Ombudsman Service.

Please use plain text.
Help and Support
Caitlin

Message 7 of 11 (1,198 Views)

Hi sheilaf,

I apologise you have not yet been contacted. I have attempted to search for your email trail but have been unsuccessful. I have sent you another private message which you can access here with my email contact details for you to forward your Vodafone account information to. 

I look forward to receiving your email and assisting you further.

Thanks,

Cait

Please use plain text.
Occasional Poster
sheilaf

by Occasional Poster
Message 8 of 11 (1,194 Views)

This is a joke. The same as previous message about a private message which I cannot access and no link!

Please use plain text.
Allan

by Moderator Moderator
Message 9 of 11 (1,190 Views)

Hi sheilaf

You should be able to access your private messages by clicking on the small grey "envelope" icon that is just below the word Help at the top right of the screen.  There should be a number and the word unread beside it (eg 2 Unread).

Alternatively you can click on the link below:

http://community.vodafone.com.au/t5/notes/privatenotespage

Regards

Allan

Community Guidelines

Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
User49616

by User49616 Occasional Visitor
Message 10 of 11 (459 Views)

That's definitely an issue vodafone needs to figure out, i called several times to ask about my bills, i want to know exactly how much it is and pay it !  However, customer service stuff is speaking very fast and in strong accent. I know my English is not perfect, but your accent and impatience is really the matter.I am the customer, and willing to pay what i owe, but (don't want to say anything, so annoying!)

Please use plain text.
Stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 2y ago
  • 1 Kudo
  • 7 Contributors
Announcements
#challenge930 - Putting the Lumia 930 through it's paces