Where's your order?

Track your order

Enter the tracking number from your order receipt to see its status. Find out more about order tracking & delivery.

Terms and conditions

Bill query

Occasional Visitor
Josh26

Bill query

by Josh26 Occasional Visitor
Message 1 of 2 (771 Views)

Hi,

So basically, I just got my bill for last month and it was $115 instead of $49, which it usually is (i'm on the $49 cap). In my most recent bill, it states I have $49.54 overdue charges and $65 "new charges". I just payed this, assuming it was the bill for last month and the month coming. But then I thought...the month hasn't finished yet, so why would they bill me already? The bill says it is for the period: 15/11 to 17/12 which is obviously only a single month, so I am unsure why I have been charged so much in excess fees.

I was linked up to automatic payments which worked fine but I recently found out that my debit card expired at the end of last month which is why my last payment wasn't made. However, I was unaware of this as no notification was provided to me by Vodafone that payment had failed. 

When looking at the bill, it looks like the payment was initially made, but then reversed as my card was not accepted. However, my bill charge charges me for my actual bill TWICE and then I assume there is a $15 late fee or whatever, which i'm fine with. However, from the looks of things, I should only have been billed once for the $65 instead of $65 + $49. 

Some clarification would be appreciated, but from the looks of things, it seems I should be refunded the $49 from the $115 I just payed. Thanks.

Please use plain text.
Help and Support
Bruno

Re: Bill query

by Help and Support Help and Support
Message 2 of 2 (632 Views)

Josh26 wrote:

Hi,

So basically, I just got my bill for last month and it was $115 instead of $49, which it usually is (i'm on the $49 cap). In my most recent bill, it states I have $49.54 overdue charges and $65 "new charges". I just payed this, assuming it was the bill for last month and the month coming. But then I thought...the month hasn't finished yet, so why would they bill me already? The bill says it is for the period: 15/11 to 17/12 which is obviously only a single month, so I am unsure why I have been charged so much in excess fees.

I was linked up to automatic payments which worked fine but I recently found out that my debit card expired at the end of last month which is why my last payment wasn't made. However, I was unaware of this as no notification was provided to me by Vodafone that payment had failed. 

When looking at the bill, it looks like the payment was initially made, but then reversed as my card was not accepted. However, my bill charge charges me for my actual bill TWICE and then I assume there is a $15 late fee or whatever, which i'm fine with. However, from the looks of things, I should only have been billed once for the $65 instead of $65 + $49. 

Some clarification would be appreciated, but from the looks of things, it seems I should be refunded the $49 from the $115 I just payed. Thanks.

Hi Josh26,

I can certainly understand your concerns, and I can definitely help you work out what is happening on your bill.

On the second page of your bill, you will see each charge itemised for you. You will also see the date ranges for charges relating to your monthly access fee.  What are the date ranges for the individual charges?

I've included a link to our bill explainer to help you read through how the charges are displayed on your bill.

If you believe that you have been incorrectly charged on your account, you can call our Customer Care team 24/7 on 1555 from your Vodafone service or 1300 650 410 from any other number. They will look at your bill for you and check the charges for you.

Cheers,

-Bruno.

Please use plain text.
Stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 2y ago
  • 0 Kudos
  • 2 Contributors
Announcements
#challenge930 - Putting the Lumia 930 through it's paces
Switch to mobile
Using a smaller screen?