Bill Shock

Seasoned Member
Daniel87

Bill Shock

[ Edited ]
by Daniel87 Seasoned Member
Message 1 of 9 (685 Views)

Hi Vodafone Help and Support,

I hope you can help me in resolving this issue as each time I call vodafone I never get a resolution and someone to look into this properly.

I've come back from oversea's to a bill shock of $2,910.40, before I left oversea's to Japan I had international roaming turned on and I did use the internet to check things here and there but no where near to the extent of data which shows up on my bill 364.76MB in just 4 days.

I made sure before I left oversea's I turned off all background activity, automatic updates and I dont have email setup either so no extra usage can be consumed when I have to use the internet on my Galaxy Tab.

I have made several calls to vodafone but never been able to come to a solution as each technician I spoke to said thats the usage and you've used it.

I have been told different things by the technicians and manager I have spoken to and not happy as im getting different answers, shouldn't every vodafone technician and manager be on the same boat and know the what they are talking about? instead of giving me different anwers?

The last call I made yesterday 21\12\11  I was told that they were unable to see my bill so they were unable to discuss this issue with me, but when I questioned why was the previous person I spoke to 2 days ago were able to see this information,  the technician didn't have anything to say.

I asked if there is a manager I can speak to in Australia and was told there was none and to go to a vodafone shop and discuss this, I advised  I don't have time to go to a vodafone shop as I work during the day so I asked if they could organise a call back for a manager to call me back today 22\12\11  at a specific time as I work I don't have the time be doing this during work hour and was advised this was possible.

The specified time has passed today and I still havent received a call.

If someone can please help me I would like to discuss this issue thoroughly and privately as it seems nobody seems to want to help me resolve this issue.

I would like to have this issue resolved via Vodafone as much as I can, otherwise this leaves me no choice but to escalate this issue with the telecommunications ombudsman.

Kind Regards,

Daniel

Please use plain text.
Seasoned Member
Daniel87

Re: Bill Shock

[ Edited ]
Message 2 of 9 (592 Views)

can anyone help at all?  I still havent received a call from a manager from vodafone yet and it's been 48hours already.

I would just like someone to help me resolve this issue and listen to me.

Please use plain text.
Help and Support
Caitlin

by Help and Support Help and Support
Message 3 of 9 (545 Views)

Hi Daniel,

I apologise for the delay responding. A higher than expected bill can come as quite a shock and I would definitely love to look into these charges with you. 

I'll need to ask some questions here on the community first so I am able to provide to you efficient support. Could you please advise what device and plan you were using while in Japan? Did you use any applications that require a data connection while overseas? Some applications will remain active in the background continue to use data even when you have finished using them.

Thanks,

Cait

Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
saint_barbara

by saint_barbara Occasional Visitor
Message 4 of 9 (524 Views)

You guessed it, read my just posted same dilemma.  Time for Vodafone to fess up and admit they have stuffed up by not a) alerting customers when overseas.  I did not want data roaming, I didn't even want overseas access to phone calls.  They put it on without my consent.  I'm just not paying, simple.

Please use plain text.
Seasoned Member
Daniel87

Message 5 of 9 (496 Views)

Thank you for your response Caitlin.

As im about to go crazy, as im still awaiting a call from a manager from last week, which I was then advised I will receive a call on tuesday 27\12\12 when I called over the weekend.

Im currently using a samsung galaxy 10.1v  tab and was on the 25mb\$49 plan whilst i was in japan.

I made sure all background activity was turned off so nothing can use my data unless I was using it, I only used it to browse the internet every now and then but to no where near to the extent of 364.76mb which is rediculous and the japan train app which does not continue to use background data as I tested this before I went overseas.

If you could please help me come to a resolution with this issue Caitlin that would be highly appreciated as i'm really not happy with the service im currently getting in trying to resolve this issue.

Kind Regards,

Daniel 

Please use plain text.
Help and Support
Bruno

Message 6 of 9 (476 Views)

saint_barbara wrote:

You guessed it, read my just posted same dilemma.  Time for Vodafone to fess up and admit they have stuffed up by not a) alerting customers when overseas.  I did not want data roaming, I didn't even want overseas access to phone calls.  They put it on without my consent.  I'm just not paying, simple.

Hi saint_barbara,

I can certainly appreciate your frustration, getting a huge bill after being overseas is hardly a nice thing to come home to.

It is for this reason that we offer customer the ability to monitor their usage online through My Vodafone. You can also add/remove International Roaming from the My Vodafone service.

International Roaming is activated or de-activated on post paid services at a customer's request. If you have previously requested International Roaming, and never asked for it to be removed from your service, it would still remaining active indefinitely on your service. 

On prepaid services, International Roaming is automatically enabled from the point of activation of the service.

Have you spoken to our Customer Care team about the charges you incurred while overseas? 

We offer customers a great alternative in our Roaming Data Bundles. These give you great value on your data when travelling overseas. They can be found on our website, along with some other great information about International Roaming here.

What handset were you using overseas, and what did you use your handset for whilst travelling? This information will help me to identify what may have caused this huge bill.

Regards,

-Bruno.

Please use plain text.
Help and Support
Bruno

Message 7 of 9 (474 Views)

Daniel87 wrote:

Thank you for your response Caitlin.

As im about to go crazy, as im still awaiting a call from a manager from last week, which I was then advised I will receive a call on tuesday 27\12\12 when I called over the weekend.

Im currently using a samsung galaxy 10.1v  tab and was on the 25mb\$49 plan whilst i was in japan.

I made sure all background activity was turned off so nothing can use my data unless I was using it, I only used it to browse the internet every now and then but to no where near to the extent of 364.76mb which is rediculous and the japan train app which does not continue to use background data as I tested this before I went overseas.

If you could please help me come to a resolution with this issue Caitlin that would be highly appreciated as i'm really not happy with the service im currently getting in trying to resolve this issue.

Kind Regards,

Daniel 

Hi Daniel,

When you were browsing the Internet, were you visiting any sites the stream music of video? Streaming will very quickly chew through data as it is a constant transfer.

Does the Japanese train application identify your location? Applications that use GPS can also use a lot of data when transmitting GPS signals.

Any additional information that you can give me about how you were using your tablet while you were overseas will help me to get this resolved for you.

Cheers,

-Bruno.

Please use plain text.
Seasoned Member
Daniel87

Message 8 of 9 (450 Views)

Hi Bruno,

Sorry for the late response as I haven't had the chance to check this forum these day's I have been quite busy, the japan train app I use is a time table app so no GPS was used.

I've tested this app many times whilst I was in australia months before I went to japan and It bearly uses a 1mb if used many times.

Whist oversea's I used the tab to only browse some webpages when needed nothing to do with any streaming or video's at all, but other then that I didn't really use it at all.

At this very moment i'm quite unhappy with the service that I'm getting with vodafone as I still haven't received a call back from a manager from when I made a call on the 21\12\11 to have a manager call me back on the 22\12\11 at a specific time.

It's cleary been over a week and I have not heard from vodafone at all, I have all the required information of the staff I have spoken to at vodafone, their name, vodafone ID and reference for the call if required to help resolve this issue.

My bill is due on the 12\1\12 and I have been trying to resolve this since the 19\12\11, I just want this issue resolved as soon as possible as I do not want this to affect my credit rating due to vodafone not helping resolve this issue.

Is there someone that I can speak to on the phone to resolve this issue? As im sick of calling  vodafone on the 1300 650 410 number and not getting any help to resolve this issue.

I'm almost at the point of contacting the telecommunications ombudsman to help resolve this issue, so if someone can please  contact me to resolve this issue that'll be great.

Kind Regards,

Daniel 

Please use plain text.
Help and Support
Caitlin

Message 9 of 9 (423 Views)
Daniel87 wrote:

Hi Bruno,

Sorry for the late response as I haven't had the chance to check this forum these day's I have been quite busy, the japan train app I use is a time table app so no GPS was used.

I've tested this app many times whilst I was in australia months before I went to japan and It bearly uses a 1mb if used many times.

Whist oversea's I used the tab to only browse some webpages when needed nothing to do with any streaming or video's at all, but other then that I didn't really use it at all.

At this very moment i'm quite unhappy with the service that I'm getting with vodafone as I still haven't received a call back from a manager from when I made a call on the 21\12\11 to have a manager call me back on the 22\12\11 at a specific time.

It's cleary been over a week and I have not heard from vodafone at all, I have all the required information of the staff I have spoken to at vodafone, their name, vodafone ID and reference for the call if required to help resolve this issue.

My bill is due on the 12\1\12 and I have been trying to resolve this since the 19\12\11, I just want this issue resolved as soon as possible as I do not want this to affect my credit rating due to vodafone not helping resolve this issue.

Is there someone that I can speak to on the phone to resolve this issue? As im sick of calling  vodafone on the 1300 650 410 number and not getting any help to resolve this issue.

I'm almost at the point of contacting the telecommunications ombudsman to help resolve this issue, so if someone can please  contact me to resolve this issue that'll be great.

Hi Daniel87,

I can definitely take a further look into your account for you, however I will require some personal information to access your Vodafone account. I have sent you a Private Message with my email contact details for you to forward your account information to. Please note that I am unable to provide support through PM and will wait for your email.

Thanks,

Cait

Please use plain text.
Stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 2y ago
  • 0 Kudos
  • 4 Contributors
Announcements
GALAXY S5 - Live blog tonight