Where's your order?

Track your order

Enter the tracking number from your order receipt to see its status. Find out more about order tracking & delivery.

Terms and conditions

BIG PROBLEMS SINCE PLAN UPGRADE

Regular Poster
bunyipbilly

BIG PROBLEMS SINCE PLAN UPGRADE

by Regular Poster
Message 1 of 7 (2,943 Views)

I have upgraded from $29 / month... 6gb... to $39 / month... 12gb plus 90 minutes Skype...

yesterday 12 / 07 / 2012 .

(1)... during change over spent over 1 hour talking with techy trying to resolve new install... 

1st uninstall old pocket wifi then trying various searches on my pc to find new setup ...

after long time was suggested that i take my pc to nearest VF shop... not impressed as it is

built into furniture... while he went off to find help i clicked onto " start".. then ." my computer "

then on new "pocket wifi pro "... there i found " setup " etc.. so i proceded to install...when tecky

came back i told him the situation.... good..

(2)... during all this the desktop icon to " my pocket wifi 2 " was removed. ..

new one for "pocket wifi pro "now on desktop... however i now find that i am unable to enter here

to check security settings / change pass word ( forgot p/w as i relied on old icon )....

need advice to set this up again...am able to get to page of "Pocket wifi " where messages & connections

are but no further . One message from VF... 10 / 07... reads to find out what to do next go to "http://vfau.co/ydica "

....which i did but "cannot be found "....need help with this...

(3)... while on this pw2 message page what appears to be a SCAM MESSAGE from " mlolympics2012@collinscom.net"

stating i won 2 1/2 million pounds.... any idea what this about & how did it get here in this page ?

IF TRUE WE WILL ALL BE HAPPY ..HAPPY...

(4 )...on things like docket with new wifi pro states .. upgrade $39 6gb....

i'm suppose to be on12 gb .. what is happening ?

(5)... when i login to " my vodafone " account it reads on useage progress

bar "3463.4 mb of 16691.2 used ".... i'm bit concernd as NETWORX MONITOR shows

that since new wifi pro install i'm using total u/l & d/l use in vicinity of 5gb yesterday & today

so far 1.64 gb... i've only checked a few emails & visited 4 / 5 sites  today... my normal  useag

is average around 300 - 600 mb... unless d/l small software... i know NETWORX may not be

an accurate result but over the last 12 months it has been fairly close to the  VF account...

but each time i'm on web since new install "wifi pro"...( i thought it was to be another "wifi 2")..the

useage seems to be going thru' the roof ... please advise with correct useage ...

(6)..when i 1st started with VF i used a prepaid usb stick but was disappionted both with cost &

drop outs so i changed to the 12 month 6gb post paid plan (delivered free ).. which i was very happy with..

after the debacle yesterday with the new wifi pro install .. combined with my concern re data useage i also

find that i'm to incur a $10 delivery fee for the new wifi pro AND an exit fee from the $29 6gb plan of $18..

i was satisfied with the old setup...now i can not enter " my pocket wifi "...the data useage seems to

be going thru' the roof... and there is extra fees involved.

al li wanted was another 12 month post paid plan with 12 gb data for $ 39 / month  ....( 1/2 price 

for 1st three months )...so that i would not be stung with a huge excess bill if i happened to go over  slightly...

and the combination of the SKYPE deal made the new deal attractive....now ???

please reply asap as i am concerned....thanks... phil ...5 :25 pm... Friday 13 / 07 /2012...

Please use plain text.
Regular Poster
bunyipbilly

Re: BIG PROBLEMS SINCE PLAN UPGRADE ****#### $$$$$ 2 1/2 million HAPPY HAPPY....??

by Regular Poster
Message 2 of 7 (2,922 Views)

Just opened the above website re $$$ 2 1/2 million london olympics... but i went via xp in "VIRTUAL BOX "...just to safe..

only got as far as a popup saying the site was unsigned & was trying to trick me......PHEW !

.........  back to be broke again....

Please use plain text.
Regular Poster
bunyipbilly

Re: BIG PROBLEMS SINCE PLAN UPGRADE ****#### $$$$$ 2 1/2 million HAPPY HAPPY....??

by Regular Poster
Message 3 of 7 (2,920 Views)

HOW DID THIS MESSAGE GET TO MY WIFI PAGE ??

Still need help with password to access login on pocket wifi page so i can change security details etc....

Please use plain text.
Regular Poster
bunyipbilly

by Regular Poster
Message 4 of 7 (2,882 Views)

i uninsatalled NETWORX then installed the latest version ....seems to have settled down .....

Please use plain text.
Help and Support
James

Re: BIG PROBLEMS SINCE PLAN UPGRADE

[ Edited ]
by Help and Support Help and Support
Message 5 of 7 (2,853 Views)

Hi bunyipbilly,

I'd like to address each of your questions as you've listed them, as I believe this will be the best way to separate and answer the specific questions you've posed.

bunyipbilly wrote:

I have upgraded from $29 / month... 6gb... to $39 / month... 12gb plus 90 minutes Skype...

yesterday 12 / 07 / 2012 .

(1)... during change over spent over 1 hour talking with techy trying to resolve new install... 

1st uninstall old pocket wifi then trying various searches on my pc to find new setup ...

after long time was suggested that i take my pc to nearest VF shop... not impressed as it is

built into furniture... while he went off to find help i clicked onto " start".. then ." my computer "

then on new "pocket wifi pro "... there i found " setup " etc.. so i proceded to install...when tecky

came back i told him the situation.... good..

It's good to see you got everything uninstalled from your previous service and everything installed on your new service that you want to use.

bunyipbilly wrote:

(2)... during all this the desktop icon to " my pocket wifi 2 " was removed. ..

new one for "pocket wifi pro "now on desktop... however i now find that i am unable to enter here

to check security settings / change pass word ( forgot p/w as i relied on old icon )....

need advice to set this up again...am able to get to page of "Pocket wifi " where messages & connections

are but no further . One message from VF... 10 / 07... reads to find out what to do next go to "http://vfau.co/ydica "

....which i did but "cannot be found "....need help with this...

(3)... while on this pw2 message page what appears to be a SCAM MESSAGE from " mlolympics2012@collinscom.net"

stating i won 2 1/2 million pounds.... any idea what this about & how did it get here in this page ?

IF TRUE WE WILL ALL BE HAPPY ..HAPPY...

(4 )...on things like docket with new wifi pro states .. upgrade $39 6gb....

i'm suppose to be on12 gb .. what is happening ?

Question 2 is something I've not come across before as far as WiFi is concerned, but as the link is not working, I'll need to take a look at your account to see what can be done. This will also allow me to answer questions 4 for you, so I can ensure you've been placed on the correct plan. So I can access your account, I've sent you a PM with instructions on how to send your information through to me, and you can access your PMs by clicking here. Once you come through, I'll look at the specifics on your account and make any changes that are required.

To answer questions 3, I'm unsure as to why such an email would be in your inbox. However I've passed this information through to the relevant areas for review, and to see if there's any reason as to why this may have happened. 

bunyipbilly wrote:

(6)..when i 1st started with VF i used a prepaid usb stick but was disappionted both with cost &

drop outs so i changed to the 12 month 6gb post paid plan (delivered free ).. which i was very happy with..

after the debacle yesterday with the new wifi pro install .. combined with my concern re data useage i also

find that i'm to incur a $10 delivery fee for the new wifi pro AND an exit fee from the $29 6gb plan of $18..

al li wanted was another 12 month post paid plan with 12 gb data for $ 39 / month  ....( 1/2 price 

for 1st three months )...so that i would not be stung with a huge excess bill if i happened to go over  slightly...

and the combination of the SKYPE deal made the new deal attractive....now ?

I want you to be happy with your plan and usage, and I'm sure once I take a look at your account and answer your questions, you'll have all the information you need to continue being a happy Vodafone customer. I'm looking forward to receiving your email and assisting you further.

Kind Regards,

James.

Please use plain text.
Regular Poster
bunyipbilly

by Regular Poster
Message 6 of 7 (2,819 Views)

THANKS TO NICK AT VF....IN HOBART...EXCELLENT JOB.... WELL DONE ...

VF ...EMPLOY MORE LIKE THIS BLOKE INSTEAD OF OUTSOURCING OVERSEAS

NOT ONLY COULD WE UNDERSTAND EACH OTHER ..... NICK WAS COURTEOUS

AND KNEW WHAT HE WAS DOING...GOT THE JOB WITHOUT ANY DRAMAS..

BUY HIM A BEER .... THEN PROMOTE HIM....AGAIN...THANKS NICK...

Please use plain text.
Help and Support
Sarah_C

by Help and Support Help and Support
Message 7 of 7 (2,798 Views)

Hey bunyipbilly,

bunyipbilly wrote:

THANKS TO NICK AT VF....IN HOBART...EXCELLENT JOB.... WELL DONE ...

VF ...EMPLOY MORE LIKE THIS BLOKE INSTEAD OF OUTSOURCING OVERSEAS

NOT ONLY COULD WE UNDERSTAND EACH OTHER ..... NICK WAS COURTEOUS

AND KNEW WHAT HE WAS DOING...GOT THE JOB WITHOUT ANY DRAMAS..

BUY HIM A BEER .... THEN PROMOTE HIM....AGAIN...THANKS NICK...

It's great to hear that Nick was able to sort things out for you, and I have passed your thanks on to him.

I really appreciate the feedback, and please let us know if you have any Vodafone questions or concerns in the future.

Have a great day!

Regards,

Sarah.

Please use plain text.
Stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 2y ago
  • 0 Kudos
  • 3 Contributors
Announcements
Kudos 101- Don't be shy, hand it out today
Switch to mobile