Where's your order?

Track your order

Enter the tracking number from your order receipt to see its status. Find out more about order tracking & delivery.

Terms and conditions

Accidentally paid bill twice for the same month (online).

Occasional Visitor
ThuyAnhLe

Accidentally paid bill twice for the same month (online).

[ Edited ]
by ThuyAnhLe Occasional Visitor
Message 1 of 6 (2,196 Views)

Hi support team!

This is a bit embarrassing, but I accidentally paid for my bill twice (as indicated in the following screenshot:[personal detail removed]. Will the extra payment be ignored, refunded or other?

Kind Regards
-Thuy-Anh

Please use plain text.
Help and Support
Caitlin

Re: Accidentally paid bill twice for the same month (online).

by Help and Support Help and Support
Message 2 of 6 (2,175 Views)

Hey Thuy-Anh,

ThuyAnhLe wrote:

This is a bit embarrassing, but I accidentally paid for my bill twice (as indicated in the following screenshot:[personal detail removed]. Will the extra payment be ignored, refunded or other?

Don't be embarrassed, I've done this before only with my power bill! The extra payment will not be ignored, so there's no need to worry about that. The additional payment you have made will sit as a credit on your account and will roll over to your next bill. 

Otherwise, if you require the extra payment you've made (I know I did with my power bill!) you can certainly request to have the extra amount refunded to either your credit card or bank account, whichever you have paid by. You can do this by contacting our Customer Care team on 1555, a free call from your Vodafone number or on 1300 650 410 from any other number.

I can also arrange this for you myself. If you would prefer me to organise this for you I'll require some personal information to access your Vodafone account. I won't ask for you to provide your account information through the Community, so if you could please send me an email with this information that would be great. If you could please send an email to online.help@vodafone.com.au with your unique email code C578CCWBE as the subject of your email. In the body of your email could you please provide the details requested here.

Cheers,

Cait

Please use plain text.
Habitual Poster
ksabee

by Habitual Poster
Message 3 of 6 (2,166 Views)
Happened to me too........just make sure that extra amount u paid is DISPLAYED on your myvodafone account outstanding balance,coz in my case it wasn't displayed and they continued debitting normally. Then I had to call customer service and only after 10mins of talking and 20mins of holding problem was solved
So just make sure its shown on your outstanding balance
Please use plain text.
Help and Support
Maddie

Message 4 of 6 (2,151 Views)

Hi ksabee, 

Happened to me too........just make sure that extra amount u paid is DISPLAYED on your myvodafone account outstanding balance,coz in my case it wasn't displayed and they continued debitting normally. Then I had to call customer service and only after 10mins of talking and 20mins of holding problem was solved
So just make sure its shown on your outstanding balance

Thank you for sharing your experience and your advise. Every situation is different and I'm glad to hear we were able to have this issue solved for you. If you ever have an queries or concerns don't hesitate to let us know, as ultimately I want you to be happy with the service we provide you. 

Thanks again, 

Maddie 

Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
mkowal

by mkowal Occasional Visitor
Message 5 of 6 (1,971 Views)

hi,

maybe you could help me as well :smileywink: I also paid twice the same bill (first bill, my mistake). I was trying to make a call (1555) but its really hard when you have to talk with machine. I would be glad for your help or advice.

Regards,

Gosia 

Please use plain text.
Help and Support
Sarah_C

Message 6 of 6 (1,958 Views)

Hi Gosia,

mkowal wrote:

maybe you could help me as well :smileywink:

I can definitely help you!

mkowal wrote:

I also paid twice the same bill (first bill, my mistake). I was trying to make a call (1555) but its really hard when you have to talk with machine. I would be glad for your help or advice.

If you've paid your same bill twice, the extra payment will be allocated towards your next invoice. If this has not already been allocated, I will be able to refund the amount to your bank account for you.

To do this I'll need some account information from you via email. I have sent you a private message containing my email address and information that I will require from you. You can access your private messages by clicking on the small envelope located in the top right hand corner of this page, or by clicking here.

If you're happy for the extra payment to go towards your next invoice, simply reply to this post. Otherwise I'll be able to look in to refunding the amount for you as soon as I receive your email.

Regards,

Sarah.

Please use plain text.
Stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 2y ago
  • 0 Kudos
  • 6 Contributors
Announcements
Kudos 101- Don't be shy, hand it out today
Switch to mobile
Using a smaller screen?