Where's your order?

Track your order

Enter the tracking number from your order receipt to see its status. Find out more about order tracking & delivery.

Terms and conditions

3 months left on contract, want new mobile

Experienced Member
mannperete

3 months left on contract, want new mobile

[ Edited ]
by mannperete Experienced Member
Message 1 of 4 (911 Views)

My contract is up in 3 months time and I'd like to get the Galaxy Note on the 12mos/$29 plan. Can I pay for the handset outright ($40X12)? Do I need to pay a termination fee or is that considered as an upgrade (I just sign up for another 12 months)? I'd like to keep the same number.

I went to Vodafone store today and I was told they can't accept outright payments for handsets on a plan anymore. Instead it will appear on my first bill. I also need to pay out the remaining months? Is this correct? What are my options? Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Please use plain text.
Help and Support
Caitlin

Re: 3 months left on contract, want new mobile

by Help and Support Help and Support
Message 2 of 4 (787 Views)

Hi mannperete,

mannperete wrote:

My contract is up in 3 months time and I'd like to get the Galaxy Note on the 12mos/$29 plan. Can I pay for the handset outright ($40X12)? Do I need to pay a termination fee or is that considered as an upgrade (I just sign up for another 12 months)? I'd like to keep the same number.

If you're looking for a new handset and wish to keep your number, you are correct! You won't need to cancel your current contract, you'll just need to upgrade which you can do by contact 1555, a free call from your Vodafone number and quote "upgrades". Upgrading early may incur a fee, which is the remaining months of your service, times your current minimum monthly spend.

mannperete wrote:

I went to Vodafone store today and I was told they can't accept outright payments for handsets on a plan anymore. Instead it will appear on my first bill. I also need to pay out the remaining months? Is this correct? What are my options? Thanks in advance for any assistance.

The store is correct, we do no accept up front payments of a handset. You can certainly opt to cancel the MPP payment after your new contract has started. This means that your remaining MPP will be charged to your next bill. 

Thanks,

Cait

Please use plain text.
Experienced Member
mannperete

by mannperete Experienced Member
Message 3 of 4 (756 Views)

"You can certainly opt to cancel the MPP payment after your new contract has started. This means that your remaining MPP will be charged to your next bill. "

Hi Cait,

Thank you for replying.

So just to make it clear, this means if I choose to get the Galaxy Note on $40/mo on the $29 plan on 12 months all I have to pay is $480 for the handset after cancelling the MPP?

Mann

Please use plain text.
Help and Support
Bruno

by Help and Support Help and Support
Message 4 of 4 (732 Views)

Hi mannperete,

The Galaxy Note is an amazing handset, I can definitely see why you're keen to find out about getting one.

mannperete wrote:

So just to make it clear, this means if I choose to get the Galaxy Note on $40/mo on the $29 plan on 12 months all I have to pay is $480 for the handset after cancelling the MPP?

If you choose to upgrade your current contract early and take up the offer for the Galaxy Note at $40 per month on our $29 plan for 12 months, there may be a fee to upgrade your current plan before the end of your contract.

Once you are on the new plan, if you choose to cancel the MPP for the handset, you will be charged a lump sum of $480 which will be pro rated depending on how far through your new contract you are. You will also continue to be charged the $29 per month for your plan, which will remain on contract.

If you like, I can arrange for a member of our Upgrades team to give you a call about the Galaxy Note, they can also let you know if there would be any early upgrade fees involved. I've sent you a private message with my contact information, if you email me, I will get this organized for you.

Cheers,

-Bruno.

Please use plain text.
Stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 2y ago
  • 0 Kudos
  • 3 Contributors
Announcements
#challenge930 - Putting the Lumia 930 through it's paces
Switch to mobile
Using a smaller screen?