#challenge 930 - testing out the Lumia 930

1gb domestic data, 500mb GPRS yet charges PKT data ?

Visitor
Mags88

1gb domestic data, 500mb GPRS yet charges PKT data ?

by Mags88 Visitor
Message 1 of 15 (3,635 Views)

Hi,

I have an Iphone on the 49 cap with 1024mb data for domestic and 500 gprs.

Now I havent used much data on my domestic 1021.1 MB of 1024.0 MB remaining....

Yet on my useage I have PKT charges and I am being used for each kb of internet, this is mind boggling when i have free data still?

Please use plain text.
Help and Support
Millie

Re: 1gb domestic data, 500mb GPRS yet charges PKT data ?

by Help and Support Help and Support
Message 2 of 15 (3,525 Views)

Mags88 wrote:

Hi,

I have an Iphone on the 49 cap with 1024mb data for domestic and 500 gprs.

Now I havent used much data on my domestic 1021.1 MB of 1024.0 MB remaining....

Yet on my useage I have PKT charges and I am being used for each kb of internet, this is mind boggling when i have free data still?

Hey Mags88,

Thanks for joining the Community and taking the time to post. 

There is no difference between the two different 'types" of data displayed in MyVodafone. They are both part of your data inclusion, it's just the way our system stores your data entitlement. You will use one in full before your usage is deducted from the other.  Sorry about the confusion - we just like to keep you on your toes! :smileytongue:

PKT is the way our system displays the amount of data you used in each session or day. From the information that you have posted above it appears as though your data usage is being deducted from your overall balance.  MyVodafone should display two columns; 

• Call Charge: This shows how much the call, TXT or data session actually cost
  • Charged Amount: This displays how much you will actually be charged. If the call, TXT or data is included in your usage this column will usually display $0.00
For Example, data usage that has been deducted from a data inclusion appears like this;
      Date             Time        Usage Type  Number Called     Call Duration      Period    Call Charge    Charged Amount
xx/xx/2011  08:00:14          PKT         Internet  1786Kb          04:49:38             All Day       $0.34                    $0.00
Millie

Please use plain text.
Visitor
Mags88

by Mags88 Visitor
Message 3 of 15 (3,504 Views)

I understand this, however is the call charge taken off my cap inclusion?  Why should it be deducted off my cap if i get the 1.5gb data for free?

Please use plain text.
Help and Support
Kirsty

Message 4 of 15 (3,491 Views)

Mags88 wrote:

I understand this, however is the call charge taken off my cap inclusion?  Why should it be deducted off my cap if i get the 1.5gb data for free?

Hi Mags88

If you check in plans and entitlements, what is your total entitlement usage? If you then go and check the call details, what is the total usage in there?

I would expect the total in the call charges will be greater than your usage in the entitlements field. 

The reason I would expect this, is that although there is a charge displayed in the first column (as illustrated by Millie above) this figure is simply what you would have been charged, if you didn't have a bundle.

It's not deducted from your cap - checking the two balances will confirm this. The charges in the call details is higher, because it includes the data usage.

This is not taken off your cap, which you can see because the total deducted from your entitlements is less.

If you double check, and still think the data usage is being charged from your cap, please let me know!

Thanks,

Kirsty.

Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
manish

by manish Occasional Visitor
Message 5 of 15 (3,373 Views)

I am new to Vodafone and facing the same problem understanding this:

I am on a $29 plan (post paid) which includes $180 worth of standard calls and texts plus 200mb of data (free)

When I look at my usage, it shows that I have $166.62 worth of standard calls & texts available and when I look at the details it shows list of phone calls, texts and PKT internet charges, totalling $13.38. Yet from my 200mb data entititlement (incl 50mb gprs), 5.60mb of data is deducted leaving 144.4mb.

So, it seems to Vodafone you are giving entitlements but taking it back both from Dollar and Data.

Please explain?

Manish

Please use plain text.
Help and Support
Alana

Message 6 of 15 (3,347 Views)

manish wrote:

I am new to Vodafone and facing the same problem understanding this:

I am on a $29 plan (post paid) which includes $180 worth of standard calls and texts plus 200mb of data (free)

When I look at my usage, it shows that I have $166.62 worth of standard calls & texts available and when I look at the details it shows list of phone calls, texts and PKT internet charges, totalling $13.38. Yet from my 200mb data entititlement (incl 50mb gprs), 5.60mb of data is deducted leaving 144.4mb.

So, it seems to Vodafone you are giving entitlements but taking it back both from Dollar and Data.

Please explain?

Manish

Hi manish,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the forum!

I'm more than happy to take a look at your usage and entitlements however I will require some further information.

When looking at your usage details, in particular at your data usage, are there charges showing towards each data connection under the "charged amount" column?

Thanks

Alana.

Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
Stevesss

by Stevesss Occasional Visitor
Message 7 of 15 (3,169 Views)

Hi, yes I will need some clarity here please (pretty please)

I have $49 plan with the 1.5gb data and $500 calls n txt

These PKT charges in my account summary give me the impression they are coming off my $500 cap.  I will spend my $500

cap but just on calls n texts and the data should not appear OR be $0

It still makes it incredibly difficult to track the exact amount I have spent on my cap unless I manually remove all PKT costs.

Is there anything that can be done here?

Much appreciated

SS

Please use plain text.
Help and Support
Help and Support
Jen

Message 8 of 15 (3,156 Views)

Stevesss wrote:

Hi, yes I will need some clarity here please (pretty please)

I have $49 plan with the 1.5gb data and $500 calls n txt

These PKT charges in my account summary give me the impression they are coming off my $500 cap.  I will spend my $500

cap but just on calls n texts and the data should not appear OR be $0

It still makes it incredibly difficult to track the exact amount I have spent on my cap unless I manually remove all PKT costs.

Is there anything that can be done here?

Much appreciated

SS

Hi Stevesss,

Thanks for your inquiry in regards to understanding your entitlements/usage, I can absolutely help clarify this for you.

As Millie has explained previously there is no difference between the two types/names of data listed on your My Vodafone account when you check it. It’s just how our system stores and displays this information. I apologise for any confusion which this may have caused you, however this display cannot be changed. I will pass your feedback onto the correct channels for you.

Under the ‘Charged amount’ column, how much does it say you have been charged for?  This will show you how much you have been charged for. Under ‘Number called’ you are able to see how much data you have used in that particular session.

If you would like an alternative method of checking your balance you are also able to call 1512.

If you have any further questions regarding this please feel free to ask.

Regards,

Jen. 

Help and Support
"We are the Knights who say...Ni"

Community Guidelines  Vodafone Coverage Checker

Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
caroline

by caroline Occasional Visitor
Message 9 of 15 (2,989 Views)

Hi,

I  just new here and I have a similar question about PKT.

I have a $ 29 cap,which includes $180 for TXT and calls, free 200mb demostic data. But I am confusing that whether the fees of PKT are deducted from both $180 and 200mb GPRS. My English is not very good , please just tell me yes or no.

Thanks very much.

Caroline

Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
akhan

by akhan Occasional Visitor
Message 10 of 15 (2,986 Views)

hi guys!! I had the same confusion till yesterday and also had posted a topic related to it. But as the Vodafone people have explained in this thread makes it clear. The network isnt deducting the packets used for the internet from your $500 which is for calls n txts. In the usage the detail section they just showing how much data was used and at what time and what amount it would have been.

If you see the total of the amount at the bottom of the usage detail it would be much greater than the amount which would be showing in the entitlment page about the remaing credit left from $500. So the internet usage is not been deducted from the $500 credit you are entitled to.

However i think its a poor way by the vodafon services to show the customers such detail, cuz it just makes them confused and make them skip a beat when they see that they have used such large sum of credit which they havnt!!

Hope it clears abit confusion..cheers!!

Please use plain text.
Stats
  • 14 Replies
  • 3y ago
  • 1 Kudo
  • 13 Contributors
Announcements
#challenge930 - Putting the Lumia 930 through it's paces