Have you used the Vodafone Support site? Tell us what you think

unlock my galaxy s3, but the unlock code not working for me

Frequent Visitor
NewsNews

unlock my galaxy s3, but the unlock code not working for me

[ Edited ]
by NewsNews Frequent Visitor
Message 1 of 9 (18,351 Views)

2 Month ago I sign up a contract for galaxy s3 in vodafone shop, and I remeber the staff at there unlock the phone for me, now when I went to oversea, my phone show up "sim network unlock pin". is that mean my phone still network lock, I remember before I went back back to oversea, I check the phone update button, it did update a ittle patch or something. Now I try to unlock by myself at oversea. I go to vodafone unlock page and type out my phone IMEI , it show unlock code, but when I try to enter it, it say unlock uncessful, please help. My IMEI number is : 353314050659471/02

Is the "sim network unlock pin" differnt to unlock code i receive from vodaphone unlock page??

please help

Handset Unlock Procedure for IMEI:[personal detail removed]
Your unlock
code is: 
Manufacturer/Model: Samsung_i9300 Galaxy 3

Above information is from unlock page, but the code dont work

Please use plain text.
Help and Support
Dana

Re: unlock my galaxy s3, but the unlock code not working for me

by Help and Support Help and Support
Message 2 of 9 (18,314 Views)

Hi NewsNews,

NewsNews wrote:

2 Month ago I sign up a contract for galaxy s3 in vodafone shop, and I remeber the staff at there unlock the phone for me, now when I went to oversea, my phone show up "sim network unlock pin".

I hope everything is going well for you since you've moved back overseas.

NewsNews wrote:

Is the "sim network unlock pin" differnt to unlock code i receive from vodaphone unlock page??

please help

Now that you are there are you using a local SIM in your SamsungGalaxy S3 or your Vodafone SIM?  If it's a local SIM there may be a SIM unlock code needed to gain access to the handset.  This is different to your phone unlock code and usually supplied with the SIM at time of connection, this would also be the same for a Vodafone SIM.

If you have popped a different SIM in the Galaxy S3 it is saying "SIM unlock PIN" then it definitely sounds like the phone is unlocked from the Vodafone network.  If it was still locked then the message would be something like "Unregistered SIM".

If you could let me know if you are using a local SIM or your Vodafone SIM then I sure that I can help you further.

Cheers,

Dana.

Please use plain text.
Frequent Visitor
NewsNews

[ Edited ]
Message 3 of 9 (18,307 Views)

Ok, now after I press *#7465625# at dial up screen

It show

Personalizatiob status

Network lock

[on]

network subset lock

[off]

sp lock

[off]

cp lock

[off]

Also keep in mine the phone has no sim card inside when i press these key, and I been google for the sim network unlock pin

most people say that is network locked, so Please tell me how do i unlock the phone, so i can use at oversea

PS: I using local sim, and I had put the sim card to any other phone, and didnt ask for any code at all, And I had call up the sim supplier, all the answer i receive is no such thing as sim pin for the card, must be the phone that lock the network to parcific network

Also people say need NCK code , is that same as unlock code??

Please use plain text.
Help and Support
Nick

Message 4 of 9 (18,286 Views)

Hey NewsNews,

NewsNews wrote:

most people say that is network locked, so Please tell me how do i unlock the phone, so i can use at oversea

Also people say need NCK code , is that same as unlock code??

I just want to make sure that you're following the correct instructions in order to unlock your phone. You mention that your phone showed unlock unsuccessful when you entered the code. This suggests that you were entering the incorrect code, or following the incorrect steps.

The first thing you need to do is go to the Unlocking Page, here, and enter your IMEI. Enter the IMEI without the /2 at the end. Your code will pop up and so will the steps you need to follow. I've outlined the steps below for you too:

-Take note of the 8 digit unlocking code provided by the Unlocking Page on our website. This is the same as the NCK code.

-Insert a SIM card from a non-Vodafone Australia or non-3 Australia provider. To enter your unlock code:

• Turn on your phone (If you are asked for your PIN number then enter your PIN number. This is different to your unlocking code)
  • Once the handset is powered up, the handset will then display “Enter Network lock Control Key”. To remove network lock, please enter the unlock code using your keypad and select the “Unlock” key.
  • If the unlock code is correct, it will display “Network unlock successful”. Your phone is now unlocked.
  • If a wrong unlock code is entered, the handset will display “Network unlock request unsuccessful” and go back to the SIM Lock screen. Repeat step 3 and enter the correct unlock code. This code is shown above these instructions. 

Importantly, make sure you've got a non-Vodafone SIM in the phone when you enter the unlock code.

If you're still having trouble, can you please try another, different SIM in the phone and let me know what happens? I'm keen to get this sorted out with you.

Cheers,

Nick

Please use plain text.
Frequent Visitor
NewsNews

Message 5 of 9 (18,279 Views)

when I insert a non vodafone sim card, it did not show “Enter Network lock Control Key”.

It only show the message below

"Sim network unlock Pin"

Do  you know what I should type in, why my phone didnt show up the message as u mention in there. please help , or any chance you can contact samsung and ask him why my phone show up this message instead of the instrcution message, and what should i type at there

Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
magnet

by magnet Occasional Visitor
Message 6 of 9 (18,229 Views)

I have exactly the same problem. Am presently overseas with work and put a local SIM card in my GS3.

Got my unlock code from the website using the IMEI and the secure link on the page.

The phone asks for a "SIM network unlock PIN".  I enter the unlock code and no joy.

Tried to call customer service but (as usual) India was no help.

Grateful advice.

Magnet

Please use plain text.
Help and Support
Kirsty

Message 7 of 9 (18,206 Views)

Hi NewsNews and magnet,

magnet wrote:

The phone asks for a "SIM network unlock PIN".  I enter the unlock code and no joy.

Thanks for letting me know you're having issues unlocking your Samsung Galaxy SIII phones. I understand it's frustrating for you to be unable to use your handset overseas and I want to get this resolved for you as quickly as possible.  If you've followed the instructions posted above by Nick and the device is still locked, the best thing to do is to fill in the "Difficulties" section of the Unlocking Page:

Handset Difficulties.JPG

This is a screenshot from the unlock page for my own iPhone - your's will have the instructions for your Samsung Galaxy SIII, but the location of the difficulties link will be in the same place, down the bottom of the screen under the instructions.

Just click on the "difficulties" tab, and it will escalate your issue to our Handset Unlocking Team who are the best people to help resolve any issues you are having unlocking your handset. The team will investigate and resolve the issue you're having, and then email or txt your within four working days with the outcome.

If you've filled in the difficulties section and you haven't heard back from the team within four days please let me know - I can help!

Thanks,

Kirsty.

Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
abhi78aus

by abhi78aus Occasional Visitor
Message 8 of 9 (1,962 Views)

I am having exactly same problem while unlocking Samsung Galaxy S3. 

It asks for SIM Network Unlock Pin

I put in 8 digit unlock code that I got from the website using my imei number.

When i Put this unlock code it says  -

Network Unlock Request Unsuccessful.

This is frustrating. I can't use my phone overseas.

Please use plain text.
Help and Support
Kirsty

Message 9 of 9 (1,940 Views)

Hi abhi78aus,

abhi78aus wrote:

When i Put this unlock code it says  - Network Unlock Request Unsuccessful.

Let's get this sorted for you. Have you followed the process outlined above, and escalated the issue to our Unlocking Team? That is the quickest way to get an unlocking issue fixed.  A few things you can check quickly is that you're using the right IMEI number, by typing *#06# into the phone. That will bring the IMEI up on the screen. Also just double check you got the phone from Vodafone Australia. We can only unlock phones bought from us.

If your phone is still not unlocking after that, we can take a closer look to see what's wrong.

We'll need to grab a few details, and we don't want you posting personal info here on the Community.  So I've sent you a Private Message with our email address and a link to the info we'll need to help. You can find the message here.

We'll keep an eye out for your email and get this sorted for you ASAP.

Talk soon,

Please use plain text.
Stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 1y ago
  • 0 Kudos
  • 6 Contributors
Announcements
Want to talk about what's next for Android? This is the thread for you