#challenge930 - join in as our experts put the 930 through it's paces

micro-sim

Visitor
grace94
Accepted Solution

micro-sim

by grace94 Visitor
Message 1 of 10 (3,301 Views)

Im currently on the 29 cap with vodafone and im upgrading to an iphone 4. I was wondering if it costs to get a micro-sim, can you go to the store and they give you one straight away or do you have to order it 

Thanks 

Please use plain text.
Problem Solver
Grumpyoldgreek

Re: micro-sim

by Problem Solver
Message 2 of 10 (3,164 Views)

Hi Grace,

as far as I am aware if you are upgrading to iphone 4 thru contact centre? a microsim will be ordered with the phone and when delivered you should get both. If you are doing it thru a store then ask the store staff if you are upgrading should be no cost but if you have phone from another source then it may cost .

team here will be able to confim correctly.

cheers

Please use plain text.
Help and Support
Help and Support
Jen

[ Edited ]
by Help and Support Help and Support
Message 3 of 10 (3,115 Views)

grace94 wrote:

Im currently on the 29 cap with vodafone and im upgrading to an iphone 4. I was wondering if it costs to get a micro-sim, can you go to the store and they give you one straight away or do you have to order it 

Hi Grace94,

That’s awesome to hear you’re getting a new Iphone 4, very exciting, I bet you can’t wait!

The difference between a regular sim card and a micro sim card is the size, unfortunately when changing to an Iphone 4 or an Ipad you are only able to use this smaller sim card.

If you are upgrading you will be sent out a micro sim card with your handset and through store you should be provided with a micro sim card as well. Sim cards are available from your local Vodafone stores, however as mentioned you will be provided a Micro sim card with your Iphone order.

If you are internested in tracking your order you will be given a tracking code which you can use in the following Online Tracking Tool.

If you have any further difficulties with this please let me know. Otherwise I hope you enjoy your new handset!  :smileyhappy:

Regards,

Jen. 

Help and Support
"We are the Knights who say...Ni"

Community Guidelines  Vodafone Coverage Checker

Please use plain text.
Visitor
Shel101

[ Edited ]
by Shel101 Visitor
Message 4 of 10 (3,031 Views)

This is the same question I was wondering and has helped heaps. I have a few other questions, I was wondering when you change to the micro sim can you keep your own number if you were already with Vodafone but were on prepaid $29 cap and going onto a  plan cap? and Can the staff in store help with changing over my contacts?

Thank you any help would be great

:smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Help and Support
Nige

Message 5 of 10 (2,962 Views)

Hi Shel101,

Thanks for posting. Yes, you can change to the micro SIM and keep your existing number. The staff in store will arrange to port your number from prepaid to your plan, and onto your new micro SIM.

The store staff will also be able to help you with transferring your contacts. One method is to save all your contacts to your SIM card, and the store can use a SIM card reader to copy the contacts off the card. What sort of phone do you have at the moment? Many phones have software you can install on your computer to transfer contacts, TXT messages and the like. You can make a backup to your computer using this, then take the details from this backup and add the numbers to your computers address book and then sync that onto your new iPhone through iTunes.

If you have any further questions please ask. 

Cheers,

Nige.

Help and Support

“Don't eat the yellow snow”

Community Guidelines  Vodafone Coverage Checker

Please use plain text.
Visitor
Shel101

by Shel101 Visitor
Message 6 of 10 (2,929 Views)

Thank you for the help that is great. I currently have a LG KM570 touch.

Please use plain text.
Help and Support
James

Message 7 of 10 (2,844 Views)

Hi Shel101,

Thanks for your reply! Check the software that comes with your LG to see if you can save all of your contacts to your computer, then transfer them to your iPhone at a later date.

Let me know how this goes :smileyhappy:

Thanks,

James. 

Please use plain text.
Visitor
Shel101

by Shel101 Visitor
Message 8 of 10 (2,749 Views)

It let me move them onto my computer and i was able to put them into Outlook and they are all there ready for my iPhone. Thank you for all your help.

Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
LaurenZ

by LaurenZ Occasional Visitor
Message 9 of 10 (942 Views)

Would I still be able to get my normal sim changed to a micro sim in store even if it has been cut? But still has to gold pad in tact?

Please use plain text.
Community Manager
Tim_H

by Community Manager Community Manager
Message 10 of 10 (921 Views)

LaurenZ wrote:

Would I still be able to get my normal sim changed to a micro sim in store even if it has been cut? But still has to gold pad in tact?

Hi Laurenz,
You can have your SIMswapped onto a microsim even if it was accidentally eaten by your dog :smileyhappy:

Just pop into a store the next time you go past and they'll issue you a new SIM for your account.

A SIM swap involves changing out the SIM attached to your account, not a physical swap, the old one isn't needed.

Thanks

Tim

Please use plain text.
Stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 2y ago
  • 0 Kudos
  • 8 Contributors
Announcements
What's happening with Windows Phone? These guys will let you know...