Samsung galaxy s2 can't send MMS

Occasional Poster
milicky

Samsung galaxy s2 can't send MMS

by Occasional Poster
Message 1 of 17 (15,251 Views)

Hi i'm having problems sending MMS's from my Samsung galaxy s2.

APN details are:

Name: Vodafone Live!

APN: live.vodafone.com

Proxy: <not set>

Port: <not set>

Username: <not set>

Password: <not set>

Server: <not set>

MMSC: http://pxt.vodafone.net.au/pxtsend

MMS proxy: 10.202.2.60

MMS port: 8080

MCC: 505

MNC: 03

Authentication type: none

APN type: internet+ mms

I sent a MMS to my phone with another phone and it says:

+614######## sent u a PXT message. Collect yr PXT at www.vodafone.com.au/pxtworld; ID: ######. Activate PXT by sending a PXT from yr phone (charges apply).

Anyone able to help me out?

Thanks

Please use plain text.
Help and Support
Gemma

Re: Samsung galaxy s2 can't send MMS

by Help and Support Help and Support
Message 2 of 17 (15,141 Views)

milicky wrote:

Hi i'm having problems sending MMS's from my Samsung galaxy s2.

APN details are:

Name: Vodafone Live!

APN: live.vodafone.com

Proxy: <not set>

Port: <not set>

Username: <not set>

Password: <not set>

Server: <not set>

MMSC: http://pxt.vodafone.net.au/pxtsend

MMS proxy: 10.202.2.60

MMS port: 8080

MCC: 505

MNC: 03

Authentication type: none

APN type: internet+ mms

I sent a MMS to my phone with another phone and it says:

+614######## sent u a PXT message. Collect yr PXT at www.vodafone.com.au/pxtworld; ID: ######. Activate PXT by sending a PXT from yr phone (charges apply).

Anyone able to help me out?

Thanks

Hi milicky, 

I can certainly help :smileyhappy:, thanks for providing all of the above information, it leaves me with only a couple of further questions to ask.

Are you able to send a PXT to yourself from you own number? This will often enable the PXT function on your device. Alternatively you can get the PXT setting sent to your phone via our MMS configurator located on our website here

If you are still unable to send PXT after trying the above 2 suggestions, please let me know and I will go through some further troubleshooting with you.  

Thanks, 
Gemma  

Help and Support

"Give a girl the right shoes, and she can conquer the world."

Community Guidelines  Troubleshooting Guide

Please use plain text.
Occasional Poster
milicky

by Occasional Poster
Message 3 of 17 (15,123 Views)

Yay thank you so much it worked! I did both of what you suggested above.

Since I have you here.. I want to ask a few more questions.

I thought it's free to go on My Vodafone from my phone? But when I look under 'Usage details' in My Account, it charged $7.20 on call charge and $7.20 on charged amount (Usage type: VFC). 

and also... I signed up to Mobile TV. It won't cost anything extra other than the $8.00 to watch the channels right? i.e. won't be charged for data. and it says I get unlimited YouTube too, but the link to YouTube has a 'data' symbol next to it.. will it still charge me for data?

Thank you.

Please use plain text.
Help and Support
James

[ Edited ]
Message 4 of 17 (15,086 Views)

Hi Milicky,

Great to hear that you had your problem solved!  Let me assist you with your other queries.

You’re absolutely correct in thinking that My Vodafone is free. The charges showing up on your bill under ‘VFC’ are things that you have downloaded from Vodafone Central, such as ringtones or apps. You can find out all about Vodafone Central pricing here.

Good to see you signed up to one of our exciting media packages! As far as your questions regarding the pricing for the Mobile TV packs are concerned, you can find all the relevant information here. Unlimited Youtube comes as part of our Mobile Internet packs, pricing and information can be found here.

Regards,

James. 

[Edit: Clarity]

Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
PPCApache

by PPCApache Occasional Visitor
Message 5 of 17 (14,859 Views)

Hey Mate

With most of the Galaxy S II's that I have entered APN's for, I have found that the joint APN (default setup) does not seem to work and that you have to seperate them out. So one for Internet and one for mms. Click here to view another thred where i have listed all the APN settings.

Once you have updated the APN's you will need to turn off/ on  your phone, if this still does not work then turn off your phone take the SIM card out then back in and power it back up.

Hope this helps.

HTC Sensation 2.3.4 | iPad 3G 16GB, iOS 5.1 | (Awaiting Samsung Note)

News Editor - http://gadgetix.com
Blog: http://imobisite.blogspot.com
Blog: http://androidconcepts.blogspot.com
Please use plain text.
Occasional Poster
keirahh

by Occasional Poster
Message 6 of 17 (14,385 Views)

sorry but i was wondering if you could help me? i recently got a motorola defy, which was having some freezing issues not so long after i got it, so i got it sent away to be fixed, all they did was flash the drive though..
the mms was working fine before i sent it away, no issues, but now that icve gotten it back i am unable to send mms to anyone, although i seem to be able to recieve them still..

ive tried those two options you had listed although it doesnt seem to be working for me? is there any other way the issue can be resolved? thank you

Please use plain text.
Help and Support
Gemma

Message 7 of 17 (14,362 Views)

keirahh wrote:

sorry but i was wondering if you could help me? i recently got a motorola defy, which was having some freezing issues not so long after i got it, so i got it sent away to be fixed, all they did was flash the drive though..
the mms was working fine before i sent it away, no issues, but now that icve gotten it back i am unable to send mms to anyone, although i seem to be able to recieve them still..

ive tried those two options you had listed although it doesnt seem to be working for me? is there any other way the issue can be resolved? thank you

Hi keirahh, 

I'm more than happy to help :smileyhappy:Can you please let me know where you purchased your Motorola Defy from? 

Just to clarify, you have already tried to send an MMS to yourself and tried our online configurator? Can you please let me know what happens when you send an MMS to yourself?  

Thanks, 
Gemma 

Help and Support

"Give a girl the right shoes, and she can conquer the world."

Community Guidelines  Troubleshooting Guide

Please use plain text.
Occasional Poster
keirahh

by Occasional Poster
Message 8 of 17 (14,353 Views)

Hi Gemma,

I purchaced it from JBHIFI, is apparently a telstra brand phone but its unlocked. and yes ive tried to send an MMS to myself and tried our configurator, but still isnt sending through.

When i try to send the message it has the green sending arrow but it still doesnt send through, then after 20mins or so i get the message fail warning

Thanks

Please use plain text.
Help and Support
Nick

Message 9 of 17 (14,330 Views)

keirahh wrote:

Hi Gemma,

I purchaced it from JBHIFI, is apparently a telstra brand phone but its unlocked. and yes ive tried to send an MMS to myself and tried our configurator, but still isnt sending through.

When i try to send the message it has the green sending arrow but it still doesnt send through, then after 20mins or so i get the message fail warning

Thanks

Avast me hearty!

Thanks for your reply.

There are a couple of things I'd like suggest you try before we look in to this further.

Are you able to try sending yourself an MMS? This usually makes sure all your message settings are in line and ready to go.

Can you send MMS from your SIM when it is in a Vodafone handset? Or any other handset for that matter? This can help narrow down the issue to the SIM or phone.

Please let me know, and we can go from tharr!

Thanks,
Nick

Please use plain text.
Occasional Poster
keirahh

by Occasional Poster
Message 10 of 17 (14,251 Views)

hey there, yes i am able to send mms from an other phone with my sim, but still cannot send to myself or others from my own handset

Please use plain text.
Stats
  • 16 Replies
  • 3y ago
  • 0 Kudos
  • 9 Contributors
Announcements
Kudos 101- Don't be shy, hand it out today
Switch to mobile
Using a smaller screen?