Samsung ace. issues sending sms once apn set up.

Occasional Poster
Pelocin

Re: Samsung ace. issues sending sms once apn set up.

by Occasional Poster
Message 11 of 15 (1,089 Views)
Thats what customer care keep telling me to do...and as I tell them It's already in there in PDU format. When I type anything different in and hit update....literally nothing happens. So that does not work.
Help and Support
Bruno

by Help and Support Help and Support
Message 12 of 15 (1,075 Views)

Pelocin wrote:
It appears that its not on the list. Disappointing. If i call customer serves is there a way they can fix it so it.Will work?
Otherwise i may have to look at changing providers. I didn't pay $600 odd dollars for a smart phone that i can't do anythinges 'smart' with lol

Hi Pelocin,

The handsets we sell and support undergo extensive tesing to ensure full compatability for our network. 

It may be that some firmware settings on the handset are still locked to the provider you purchased the device from. It may be a good idea to try contacting the handset manufacturer to see if there is any additional information that they can provide. As we do not officially support the device, we are unable to provide and model specific troubleshooting for this handset.

Regards,

-Bruno

Occasional Poster
Pelocin

by Occasional Poster
Message 13 of 15 (1,063 Views)
Thanks, Im gonna head in to a Telstra store on Thursday and see what they can tell me. As you said there must be firmware settings still linked to Telstra. If Telstra fails i guess i will try get in contact with Samsung.
Ill let you know what happens. =]
Problem Solver
Peter

[ Edited ]
by Problem Solver
Message 14 of 15 (1,057 Views)

Hi Pelocin

Vodafone in Ireland very kindly emailed me the Handset Configuration details for Samsung S5830 Galaxy Ace.  Obviously some of the values need to be altered for local use in Australia, but it is a complete step-by-step list.  I've posted a locked copy to Google docs, as it's too long to publish here.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Ahz_zePmVWvydFdGVGhsSUdCYi10a25RVE5ielFzcmc

NB  Make sure you alter fields as required to Vodafone Australia values, ie APN, MMSC, MMS Proxy, POP3 server, Message Centre, and so on.  It's pretty obvious.

Some of the local Oz settings are here, in Gemma's post:

http://community.vodafone.com.au/vfaus/board/message?board.id=mobiles&message.id=485#M485

Occasional Visitor
turtleee

by turtleee Occasional Visitor
Message 15 of 15 (932 Views)
From the Home screen press Menu > Settings > Wireless controls > Mobile networks > Access Point Names. Touch an APN to edit it and touch the desired setting you would like to change.  Press Menu and touch New APN to add an additional APN. While editing press Menu and touch Delete APN, Save to save your changes or Discard to cancel any changes.

For Vodafone the setting should be.

Name    Vodafone       
APN    live.vodafone.com      
Proxy    <not set>      
Port    <not set>      
Username    <not set>      
Password    <not set>      
Server    <not set>      
MMSC    http://pxt.vodafone.net.au/pxtsend      
MMS proxy    live.vodafone.com      
MMS port    8080      
MMS protocol    WAP 2.0      (Might not be seen but it doesnt really matter)
MMS    505      (May be seen as MCC)
MNC    06      
Authentication type    None      
APN type    internet + mms     

Stats
  • 14 Replies
  • 3y ago
  • 1 Kudo
  • 4 Contributors
Announcements
Kudos 101- Don't be shy, hand it out today
Switch to mobile